The Whispered Secret (The Mystic Diaries, #1)

The Whispered Secret (The Mystic Diaries #1)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  7 reviews
As the town's evil past is coming alive, can a young girl share her naive first love with a secular spirit from the town's history and maintain the cherished friendship of her best guy friend that is also in love with her. Lexi’s hobby introduces her to a whole new world. Her diary shows secrets that were never meant to be seen. With destiny working against her, will her f...more
Paperback, 1st edition, 334 pages
Published February 7th 2012 by Createspace

Karen Griffith
I am in process of completing the first book. I have so far been able to follow the story well and will be following through with the series.
Harry Potter was around when my children were at school and they got into the books and enjoyed them,as my husband has now commenced with. The hunger games has also been a satisfactory read, so I am expecting this to follow along the same lines.
Tami
Oct 24, 2012 Tami rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Started this 10/23/12. It was a book my sister won on Goodreads Giveaways that she brought to me to read.
finished, not sure when. Way behind on my reviews.

Alexandra is a typical teen in a typical town. She loves photography and often has her camera with her. When she develops a picture and sees a mans image there when there was noone there when she snapped it, she begins to wonder what is going on. Eventually this leads her to the unusual history of her town, meeting this mystery man, and conc...more
Dana
If you are a person who is not majorly into dialogue, it may bore you in some spots. Flows well, reread before I started reading second book. Thank goodness she is a fiction writer, because she certainly knows how to fabricate things to make favorable adventures.

Would say for series point, really wouldn't put it in the same arena as Harry Potter because this is for more advanced readers, junior high on. Would also consider, this series is probably being profiled for movie/tv as well. Parts remi...more
James Bryne
Lexi's story is very well written. I like this book because I love small town stories or stories that only involve a small group of people. I found "The Whispered Secret" a enjoyable book and so did my wife.

I was intrigued about the smiling man in all of those pictures but that's only one good reason to read the book. I also liked the drama if I can put it like that of changing everything that's familiar - school, friends when going to college. That was a great time for me and the book made me r...more
Nancy Luebke
This was a pretty good read. It took a little while to get into it but once I did, it flowed pretty good. While it answers some of the questions that come up, it left many unanswered. This was where book 2 will evedently come in. Diffently this is a little on the unbelievable side of things.
Sandra
this is the 1st book in a series. i think it started a little slow but it picked up as i read on. i love how innocent lexi was & all the emotion of first love. this is one that i will be passing along to my daughter. i know she will love it as i did!
Tia
I won the second book but they shipped the first book to me. I liked this book it was really intriguing. It left me with questions and now I am excited to read the second book.
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
148fanwill
148fanwill marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Campbell
Campbell marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2012
Krissy
Krissy marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
Samuel Blondahl
Samuel Blondahl marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Jenny Lust
Jenny Lust marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Lady Sorrowbook
Lady Sorrowbook marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Soo Teen
Soo Teen marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Tracy Green
Tracy Green marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
sample of book 1 8 Aug 09, 2012 01:58PM
Not exactly pleased with goodreads at the moment. Warning, take reviews from goodreads with a hint of they might fake. I have complained to GR on many occasions for people creating multiple names to leave reviews.

4/17 - Any on Hidden Destiny is by a troll. The book has not been released yet. I have contacted GR, more than once. They allow multiple accounts from the same person to leave reviews.

Fo...more
More about Lilibeth Muscato...
Desire of the Heart (The Mystic Diaries, #2) The Beginning (Hidden Destiny, #1) Temporary Home Hidden Destiny: The Beginning The Past's Revenge (Hidden Destiny, #2)