Start by marking “Darlene Bobich: Zombie Killer” as Want to Read:
Darlene Bobich: Zombie Killer

Darlene Bobich: Zombie Killer

Thirteen tales of Darlene Bobich! The prequel to the successful "Dying Days" zombie novella Includes a free preview of "Dying Days"
Published January 25th 2012 by Createspace (first published January 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Darlene Bobich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darlene Bobich

Smile by Matt ShawButterfly Potion by Trent ZelaznyShifters by Jaime JohneseeThe Darkest Shade of Grey by Alan BaxterPrison Planet by Billie Sue Mosiman
Best Horror Novellas of 2012
24th out of 82 books — 182 voters
World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoA Plague Upon Your Family by Mark TufoThe End by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
301st out of 1,086 books — 2,645 voters

More lists with this book...

Mr. Matt
Oct 29, 2015 Mr. Matt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, zombies, terribad, 2015
What has been read may not be unread.

I picked this book up for free, and was in the mood for a good zombie story. It started off promising enough. Darlene is a young woman (mid-20s) who finds herself swept up in the imminent zombie apocalypse. Civilization is crumbling around her. Fortunately, her father taught her how to take care of herself. She has a Desert Eagle (basically a .50 cal hand cannon) and knows how to use it. This and her natural pluck and determination make her a survivor. So fa
Alana Woods
May 29, 2012 Alana Woods rated it really liked it
Armand Rosamillia writes about a post-apocalytic world overrun by zombies. He doesn’t explain how it has happened because that’s not his focus. His focus is on the surviving humans and how they stay alive, or don’t.

This review covers two short novellas that follow one character: Darlene Bobich. The first is 'Darlene Bobich, zombie killer', the second is 'Dying days'. The zombies are incidental, really. It could be any enemy the surviving humans are attempting to avoid or, if encountered, kill b
May 20, 2015 Pheebz rated it really liked it
Shelves: dying-days
Another winner from Armand Rosamilia.

What would it be like to be a seventeen year old girl ,when the world went down the drain? Would you have the basic skills and quick wit to survive?Come along on the journey Darlene Bobich ,she is a strong girl who was forced to survive on her own ,and the people she crossed paths with.

This is another winning story from Armand Rosamilia.Well written with strong and interesting female lead.He never lets you down and leaves you wanting to read more of his books
Michelle Perry
Oct 26, 2015 Michelle Perry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blogged-about
I detest the huge trend toward zombie apocalypse in the last decade or so. My son is enamored with them. My friends look at me as if I have grown two heads when I admit that I haven’t seen the latest episode of whichever zombie television show is ruling the airwaves. I even avoid zombies trending on social media. I say all this just to be sure that my next words will be fully understood.

I truly enjoyed reading this anthology.

Darlene is a fantastically human character that finds strength when th
David Caldwell
Darlene finds herself as one of the few survivors of the Zombie apocalypse. Armed with her Desert Eagle, she struggles to survive day by day. She learns that her fellow survivors can be just as dangerous as the zombies.

There isn't some great plan here. Darlene goes from one encounter to another in a rather haphazard fashion. The zombies are relentless and it seems every male that she meets is a rapist, including the male zombies. Allies are temporary at best.

The parts I really liked is that Darl
Jun 25, 2012 Frank rated it liked it
Armand Rosamilia delivers the prequel story to his DYING DAYS series with a collection of short stories called DARLENE BOBBICH: ZOMBIE KILLER. While the this is a short story collection, truly it reads as one long novella. The fact of the matter is that each story wound up published in different places. Read back to back they form a single story and that story sets up the events of the DYING DAYS series.

When I first read DYING DAYS I was getting really bored of zombie fiction. Armand Rosamilia p
Jun 24, 2012 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Darlene Bobich: Zombie Killer is a novella that packs a lot into its 110 pages. Darlene finds herself alone after the zombieapocalypse claims her only family, her father - as she travels around the US in search of something she never seems quite sure of, she encounters the good, the bad, and the ugly of the remaining human population.

Mr. Rosamilia has a strong imagination when it comes to a zombieapocalypse, which makes Darlene Bobich: Zombie Killer a fun, intense zombie read. As a series of 'sh
May 20, 2013 Kysha rated it liked it
Shelves: digital-book
I haven't read a zombie story in forever so I decided to try some newer ones. This book is actually a compilation of short stories by the author about Darlene Bobich. Just like most zombie stories/movies it focuses on the living not the dead. She travels alone for most of the stories, but does have companions in a few. It seems like every man she meets rapes and beats her. I know humans are ruthless and not that far detached from animals, but really? EVERY MAN! Even the zombies rape people. Seri ...more
Jan 28, 2016 Brian rated it really liked it
***This a copy of the review posted to Amazon**

This is not my first read in The Dying Days' world but it is the most fun. The adventures of Darlene Bobich is wildly entertaining. She is living in a world where you needs smarts, muscles, and a lot of luck.

In these shorts stories, Darlene goes from one life threatening area to another. She makes a few friends but also trusts the wrong people and the result is horrifying. She is beat and raped, escapes numerous traps, and slashes the Zombies.

The a
Apr 09, 2016 Tim rated it it was amazing
Darlene Bobich is a fun collection of short stories which introduce us to the Dying Days world. Darlene is a well drawn character who feels real. She kicks much ass but is human and makes mistakes along the way. The stories are short but give you insight into what makes the character tick as well as how life during the zombie apocalypse could be. The pace of the book flowed well and this was a quick read. This book gave me a good introduction to the Dying days world and I'm excited to read more ...more
Eric Lahti
Sep 21, 2015 Eric Lahti rated it it was amazing
Just finished this entertaining yarn about a tough girl, her Desert Eagle, and her indomitable will to survive in a world gone mad. This is the literary equivalent of a bottle of good tequila, a pack of smokes, and rough and tumble bar. In other words, great fun. Traditionally zombie stories revolve around a male protagonist trying desperately to be the good guy so it was nice to see a twist where we follow around a woman who's not trying to save the world, just save herself.

The full review is u
Shana Festa
Jul 29, 2016 Shana Festa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies
While I won't be reviewing it on it's own it is worth mentioning that Darlene Bobich Zombie Killer (a 5 star novella!), the prequel to Dying Days, is worth reading beforehand. It provides Darlene's back story from the onset of the infection and allows us a glimpse into the experiences that mold Darlene into the strong, take no $hit woman she becomes throughout the series...Visit my blog to read the entire review
Feb 18, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
Armand Rosamilia
Prequel to Dying Days, explains in a series of short stories how Darlene got to be the person she is in dying days - i read them in the worng order but it was still nice to have all the hows and whys of dying days answered for me in this novel. Dont let the short storeis put you off as read back to back they make up one whole story. Can't wait to read more of Mr R.
Jan 10, 2014 Patti rated it liked it
A pretty decent story of a woman's travels through a zombie filled wasteland.

Whole lots of woman only good for one thing going on, including with the zombies. I get that a woman is going to be damn near fresh meat to all guys in a zombie apocalypse, but when she's fresh meat, and not the "MMMMMMM Brains" kind, to the zombies as well it was really creepy.

I liked Darlene & Pierce's final encounter.
Oct 24, 2012 Vix rated it it was amazing
Aha! at last a full novella full of Darlene! love this girl!
Thong obsessed! what a butt kicking woman!
She can even stop in the middle of Zompoc to shave her legs!
Lots of true to life moments, people will probably be horrible and not all jolly friendship types when Armageddon begins but Mr R manages to bring some dark humour into that future.
I was a bit confused at the ending (I cant do spoilers) but am looking forward to more from this great girl, with some real insecurities....
Kelly Rickard
Jul 14, 2014 Kelly Rickard rated it it was amazing
This is a survival story with zombies that rape people.

This book sets up dying days and forms a complete short book so easy to read you're be finished before you know it and gagging to read more

Darlene is a lady trying to survive and we follow her story as she tries to survive it also fills in some holes
Julie Greig
Aug 06, 2014 Julie Greig rated it really liked it
Was a really interesting take on the Zombie Apocalypse.
Was a bit confusing to start with as you are straight in and hit with quite a few characters but once you get into them it's well worth it.

Would have given it 5 starts but for one thing about the Z'd, don't want to write a spoiler but I felt it was a bit hmmmm
Apr 12, 2016 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am on to the next book Dying Days 1.... This world is really frightening...zombies trying to eat you is one thing...but make out with you to the extreme..that's just gross!!! I liked the Journey Darlene has been through, and she still stays strong! Cant wait to hear more!!! I enjoyed this book very much!!
Christy Thornbrugh
Armand has a good way to make some creepy ass zombies still the end of the world every one out to get over one and messed up people but the zombies make for something different then any other stories
It was a good read i cant wait to read some more of his books there great
Jul 28, 2016 Caeren rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this novella. The format threw me off in the beginning. None of the chapters/short stories really connected to each other, and they seem to abruptly end with little or no resolution. I am curious enough to check out the author's other works though.
Dec 06, 2015 Tamara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hails to Armand Rosamilia

I am, of course, a horror fan(atic). I like zombies, and this is no boring read. I love the layout of scenes and the fun, human, fierce female adventure! I believe you will too! Pick up a copy, become a fan, and read the rest of the series!
Oct 18, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not bad

A zombie book with a girl, a big gun and a very bad attitude. Of course, not having tampons at the end of the world might make you cranky too. Lol. Cute spin on a zombie apocalypse.
Peter Germany
Oct 30, 2015 Peter Germany rated it really liked it
This is a good and quick way to get introduced into this post zombie apocalyptic world and it left me wanting more. I'll definitely be buying the rest of the books in the series.
Nov 11, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A compilation of scenes, felt choppy

Felt choppy story, couldn't relate with the main character, who is able to shake off some pretty hideous things happening to her
Mossie Sweet
Feb 08, 2014 Mossie Sweet rated it it was ok
This one showed promise, but the story line skipped around a lot without connecting the dots. When the story ended, I didn't care enough about the protagonist to search out other stories.
Tanya Saunders
I want to be Darlene...maybe, not sure I'm ready for the ZA, but if it happens, I want to be her, she kicks ass and takes names.
Amie Lyn
Amie Lyn rated it it was ok
May 25, 2015
Louise BDGG
Louise BDGG rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2014
Luke rated it liked it
May 25, 2015
Jerry Benns
Jerry Benns rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate Books 1 17 Mar 29, 2013 04:54PM
  • Chaos (A New World, #1)
  • The Fall (Blue Plague, #1)
  • Dead Will Rise
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Children of the Apocalypse
  • Tankbread (Tankbread, #1)
  • Return of the Phoenix
  • Walking with Zombies (Zombie Armageddon #2)
  • The Tilian Virus (The Pandemic Sequence #1)
  • Zomblog II (Zomblog, #2)
  • Area 187: Almost Hell
  • 300 Miles to Galveston (Book One of the Displacement)
  • Dead, but Not for Long
  • The Living Dead Boy
  • The Boat
  • The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes, #1)
  • Desperate Times 2 Gun Control
Horror. Heavy Metal. Zombies. Crime Thrillers. Podcaster.

Armand Rosamilia, Author

find me at
More about Armand Rosamilia...