Start by marking “The Lombardi Rules: 26 Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach” as Want to Read:
The Lombardi Rules: 26 Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach

The Lombardi Rules: 26 Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach

Vince Lombardi - loved by some, feared by others, but respected by all - was first and foremost a winner. One of the greatest sports coach of his time, Lombardi was also a thoughtful man with uncommon passion. This work examines many of his celebrated quotes to reveal the bedrock principles behind his legendary success.
Spiral-bound, 64 pages
Published December 17th 2002 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published November 26th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Lombardi Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lombardi Rules

Sonya Withrow
Nov 01, 2013 Sonya Withrow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must have book for everyone.
Katie
Feb 07, 2014 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what I was expecting from this book - but whatever it was... it was not a book about a college football coach and how it can be used to "create" and "perfect" a leader in the business world. I guess I was hoping for more of a book that would use more of the famous football coach's quotes and teach and apply how he used these principles and how we can use them in our everyday lives - not necessarily in a work-type setting. I think that I didn't really enjoy this book because it seeme ...more
Chuck
Dec 06, 2013 Chuck rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is truly a pocket book. It is small enough (114 pgs.) that it will fit into your pocket or purse. Coach Lombardi's son has put together 26 rules the great Packer coach used in his life and tought to his players.

It is a book that a leader should probably carry around and refer to often. I have trouble with these little primers because they rarely reveal anything I have not read many times before. It is a book that I will probably loan out to someone interested in learning more about leadersh
Juergen John Roscher
Jul 18, 2008 Juergen John Roscher rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those studying leadership skills of succesful people and Packer-backers
Shelves: read_2008
I was disappointed in this book that it was more oriented towards leadership in the business world and not towards Football leadership. I was hoping to have many more examples of leadership principles from coach Lombardi's great coaeching career.

They were some of the principles that I found to be helpful but felt in general that the author was taking all of the current leadership principles and trying to apply them to coach Lombardi.

I would have liked to seen less leadership principles presented
Sandra
Jan 18, 2008 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this cover to cover and highlighted things as well. It was very inspirational. I never really knew much about him besides knew he was THE football coach in Green Bay. His son writes the books, and they are filled with great leadership tools and quotes. Plus it was easy to read and had some cute cartoons, and stories. It turned football leadership styles into useful life lessons. (I loved it, and I hate football!)
John Jinks
Jul 16, 2013 John Jinks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take the winning principles from the most-honored and respected football coach ever. Take those same principles and apply them to your sports teams, non-profit groups, or business ventures. This book provides a simple outline that can be used to apply leadership principles into any area of your life. Highly recommend this book to coaches and business leaders who want to experience Super Bowl type victories.
Ramon
Dec 18, 2013 Ramon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is short and sweet. Each section is divided up evenly, with a formulaic approach to each topic. The chapters aren't long, the notes aren't much, but he covers the essentials if leadership in 26 lessons. I would have liked to see fewer lesson with a little more depth.
The anecdotes from Lombardi's life were a nice touch, but ultimately I feel like the author is capitalizing in his father's work without having some much on his own.
Oceaneyes12
Dec 30, 2015 Oceaneyes12 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nurse-reads
Amazing book. I finished it in one sitting. Motivational, inspirational, and necessary for eveyone in a leadership position. This one got away from dry leadership theory and got back to basics like personal character and leadership by example.
SJ Barakony
A very neat pocket book - doesnt take long to read, however, like with any book, it's imperative to take nuggets away & apply them. With the structure of the book being very easy to digest, this is not a hard task at all. Well worth the read!
Brandon Perry
Good quick read. Has a lot of basic reminders on life. Would definitely recommend reading and applying the principles in here.
Quincy
Jul 02, 2013 Quincy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple yet practical and proven ways to improve your business skills/situations by leading from the front. List ways to establish yourself as a role model for others to emulate.
Brandon
Aug 12, 2008 Brandon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy, short, great book, on leadership. The author discusses some of Lombardi's beliefs on leadership and how he taught them to his football teams. Great read!
Tim
Mar 03, 2014 Tim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Future/Current Leaders
Recommended to Tim by: Nicole Porter
A quick read that I recommend be read again and again by anyone who hopes to lead men and women in any endeavor.
Denise St.
Nov 07, 2015 Denise St. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved how simple a read it was, but the leadership principles resonated with me. This will be one that I will want to read again.
Juan Alcala
Nov 14, 2013 Juan Alcala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic read! This is a very easy read, with all the details you will ever need. Action will bring the rest of your story into focus.
Tim Plett
Jul 02, 2015 Tim Plett rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
Short and very readable leadership tips based on great football coach Vince Lombardi.
I call the book good but not great.
Amber Rowe
Jun 25, 2013 Amber Rowe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short quick read that packs a punch in every line. Practical principles for everyday leadership. A must read for anyone hoping influence others
Heather
Feb 11, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
This is what it. It's good, insightful, straightforward, and an interesting perspective from a great coach. I enjoyed it and am better for having read it.
Jey
Jey rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2013
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2013
Raquel Richardson
Raquel Richardson rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2011
Kira
Kira rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2013
Mathieu
Mathieu rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Judie
Judie rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Nathan Deslippe
Nathan Deslippe rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Sandris Backins
Sandris Backins rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2013
Msp
Msp rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Stace Lee
Stace Lee rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Maureen Ritter-Gonnerman
Maureen Ritter-Gonnerman rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Power of Four: Leadership Lessons of Crazy Horse
  • Confidence of a Champion: Becoming Who You Were Created to Be by Letting Go of Lies from the Past
  • Success Is a Choice: Ten Steps to Overachieving in Business and Life
  • LeaderShift: A Call for Americans to Finally Stand Up and Lead
  • Turn the Page: How to Read Like a Top Leader
  • Toughen Up!
  • The Heart of a Leader
  • We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident: 12 Natural Laws of Freedom, Progress, and Success
  • Leading with the Heart: Coach K's Successful Strategies for Basketball, Business, and Life
  • The Return of the Ragpicker
  • The Radical Leap Re-Energized: Doing What You Love in the Service of People Who Love What You Do
  • Am I Really a Christian?
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • Creating Personal Presence: Look, Talk, Think, and Act Like a Leader