Start by marking “The Lombardi Rules: 26 Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach” as Want to Read:
The Lombardi Rules: 26 Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach

The Lombardi Rules: 26 Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Vince Lombardi - loved by some, feared by others, but respected by all - was first and foremost a winner. One of the greatest sports coach of his time, Lombardi was also a thoughtful man with uncommon passion. This work examines many of his celebrated quotes to reveal the bedrock principles behind his legendary success.
Published December 17th 2002 by McGraw-Hill (first published November 26th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Lombardi Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lombardi Rules

Katie Trenerowski
I don't know what I was expecting from this book - but whatever it was... it was not a book about a college football coach and how it can be used to "create" and "perfect" a leader in the business world. I guess I was hoping for more of a book that would use more of the famous football coach's quotes and teach and apply how he used these principles and how we can use them in our everyday lives - not necessarily in a work-type setting. I think that I didn't really enjoy this book because it seeme ...more
Chuck
This is truly a pocket book. It is small enough (114 pgs.) that it will fit into your pocket or purse. Coach Lombardi's son has put together 26 rules the great Packer coach used in his life and tought to his players.

It is a book that a leader should probably carry around and refer to often. I have trouble with these little primers because they rarely reveal anything I have not read many times before. It is a book that I will probably loan out to someone interested in learning more about leadersh
Juergen John Roscher
Aug 19, 2009 Juergen John Roscher rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those studying leadership skills of succesful people and Packer-backers
Shelves: read_2008
I was disappointed in this book that it was more oriented towards leadership in the business world and not towards Football leadership. I was hoping to have many more examples of leadership principles from coach Lombardi's great coaeching career.

They were some of the principles that I found to be helpful but felt in general that the author was taking all of the current leadership principles and trying to apply them to coach Lombardi.

I would have liked to seen less leadership principles presented
Tim
Mar 03, 2014 Tim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Future/Current Leaders
Recommended to Tim by: Nicole Porter
A quick read that I recommend be read again and again by anyone who hopes to lead men and women in any endeavor.
Lawrence
good book. very applicable principles
Ramon
This book is short and sweet. Each section is divided up evenly, with a formulaic approach to each topic. The chapters aren't long, the notes aren't much, but he covers the essentials if leadership in 26 lessons. I would have liked to see fewer lesson with a little more depth.
The anecdotes from Lombardi's life were a nice touch, but ultimately I feel like the author is capitalizing in his father's work without having some much on his own.
Sandra
I read this cover to cover and highlighted things as well. It was very inspirational. I never really knew much about him besides knew he was THE football coach in Green Bay. His son writes the books, and they are filled with great leadership tools and quotes. Plus it was easy to read and had some cute cartoons, and stories. It turned football leadership styles into useful life lessons. (I loved it, and I hate football!)
John Jinks
Take the winning principles from the most-honored and respected football coach ever. Take those same principles and apply them to your sports teams, non-profit groups, or business ventures. This book provides a simple outline that can be used to apply leadership principles into any area of your life. Highly recommend this book to coaches and business leaders who want to experience Super Bowl type victories.
SJ
A very neat pocket book - doesnt take long to read, however, like with any book, it's imperative to take nuggets away & apply them. With the structure of the book being very easy to digest, this is not a hard task at all. Well worth the read!
Quincy
Simple yet practical and proven ways to improve your business skills/situations by leading from the front. List ways to establish yourself as a role model for others to emulate.
Brandon
An easy, short, great book, on leadership. The author discusses some of Lombardi's beliefs on leadership and how he taught them to his football teams. Great read!
Heather
This is what it. It's good, insightful, straightforward, and an interesting perspective from a great coach. I enjoyed it and am better for having read it.
Amber Rowe
A short quick read that packs a punch in every line. Practical principles for everyday leadership. A must read for anyone hoping influence others
Juan Alcala
What a fantastic read! This is a very easy read, with all the details you will ever need. Action will bring the rest of your story into focus.
Brandon Perry
Good quick read. Has a lot of basic reminders on life. Would definitely recommend reading and applying the principles in here.
Steve Schlutow
It is a fantastic read that can help/motivate anybody, whether sports or just life..
Cathy Ankenman
This book had great insights to leadership.
Jessica Stafford
Not just for football fanatics.
Cat Miglionico
A great book short but powerful!
Meagan Campbell
Meagan Campbell marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Julia Legian
Julia Legian marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Thomas Busche
Thomas Busche marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
  • Confidence of a Champion
  • The Heart of a Leader
  • LeaderShift: A Call for Americans to Finally Stand Up and Lead
  • Success Is a Choice: Ten Steps to Overachieving in Business and Life
  • Financial Fitness: The Offense, Defense, and Playing Field of Personal Finance
  • Toughen Up!
  • The Return of the Ragpicker
  • 1913
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • The Score Takes Care of Itself: My Philosophy of Leadership
  • Creating Personal Presence: Look, Talk, Think, and Act Like a Leader
  • The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past
  • Am I Really a Christian?
  • Uncommon: Finding Your Path to Significance
  • Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional
What It Takes to Be Number One: Vince Lombardi on Leadership Run to Daylight! The Essential Vince Lombardi Winning Is A Habit: Vince Lombardi on Winning, Success, and the Pursuit of Excellence Vince Lombardi on Football