Start by marking “An Echo in Time: Atlantis (The Ancient Future, #2)” as Want to Read:
An Echo in Time: Atlantis (The Ancient Future, #2)

An Echo in Time: Atlantis (The Ancient Future #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  1,376 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The extraordinary and bestselling journeys of one woman throughout time ... the narrow stairway inside the mountain led to a door that opened into a huge marble plateau. Upon this stood a stone circle of nine of the largest hunks of polished crystal tory had ever seen. A turbulent cloud erupted overhead, its core alive with electromagnetic activity. For twenty years the ki ...more
Published February 22nd 2006 by Voyager - AU

Lis
Nov 06, 2011 Lis rated it it was ok
This book was marginally better than the first. It had more action, and less of the ridiculous, grating 'old' speak. The characters were mildly more likable, but still rather irritating and transparently shallow.

The only reason I read this one was because I borrowed it from the library at the same time as the first. I would not have picked it up and chosen to read it, after the abysmal effort of the first book in this series.

I found the ignorant nature, and child-like moods of the main character
Robert
Apr 15, 2015 Robert rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I read some reviews about this book before reading it immediately after Book 1. Some of those reviews were not very glowing. Normally, I disregard these until I've read the book myself, as is the right way, and I don't always agree with them. This time, I almost did. However, I still enjoyed this book and have launched into Book 3 already.

In 'An Echo in Time: Atlantis', our hero, Tory Alexander, has made her home and life back in the 6th century, with her husband Maelgwyn, and her son Rhun. 20
Kirstyn
Apr 24, 2011 Kirstyn rated it liked it
It was pretty good, in the whole plot and the idea of Atlantis and all that. My only problem is with the major amount of errors in there (did anyone even EDIT this?), the fact that things are just a BIT too convenient, and that everyone seems to fall in love within a minute of meeting each other. I get that they bond over lifetimes and that is showing how strong their love is and how they're meant to be together, but there is no way this can happen with so many people over so many lifetimes. Lov ...more
Penny
May 29, 2011 Penny rated it it was amazing
This is my all-time favourite of Traci Harding's books. Hey there, if you are reading this, how about join my 'Traci Harding' group? Just type in 'Traci Harding' under a group search and you should find it. I just started it today and would like to get it really humming. There is also a listopia list under 'Best of Traci Harding' in the Fantasy section if you want to vote on your favourite three of her titles.

This series is amazing yeah? Don't you wish the Tori and Maelgwn story could go on and
Aneta
Nov 05, 2015 Aneta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Mason
Apr 06, 2014 Kelly Mason rated it really liked it
Again I love everything by Traci Harding, I have given this book 4 instead of 5 stars because 5 stars I reserve for the books that completely knock me out, which her first book did. It would be hard for a second in a series to do the same. I love this book because it delves into atlantis, which I have a small obsession with.
Don
Sep 01, 2016 Don rated it did not like it
Shelves: j-2016_goal-33
I listened to about a quarter of this book. Not for me . Very disappointing as I thought it would be a better story line. Did not like the narrator's voice. I think she made the story much harder to follow than it probably was and online reviews have it as a 4 star book. I'm not going to rate it all. May have another crack at it and see.....
Angelique
Sep 20, 2008 Angelique rated it really liked it
Jo
Jan 03, 2015 Jo rated it liked it
This just didn't grab me for some reason. The Atlantis technology and experience was interesting, the manipulation of time and the issues that it brings was compelling, but I really couldn't get into it.
Nicole
Awesome, amazing, awe-inspiring and all-out fun to read. As always, really! :-)

I re-read this series a lot, and no matter how often I read these books, I am continually amazed and delighted by them.
Sarah Smit
Oct 02, 2016 Sarah Smit rated it it was amazing
Going back in time into Atlantis was something that drew me, the idea of the place being real tugs at the bookworm in me. The books are written well enough to hook me no matter how often I come back to them (once a year)
Tesreena
Jul 31, 2011 Tesreena rated it it was amazing
Was alright. Not as catchy as the 1st book.
szallj
Jan 12, 2014 szallj rated it it was ok
least-favourite of the series.
Caitlin Kinsella
Jun 07, 2015 Caitlin Kinsella rated it liked it
I really loved the Ancient Future, and enjoyed this book, but it was by no means as good as book one. So worth reading, but don't have the same expectations.
Miranda
Jun 29, 2013 Miranda rated it it was amazing
great tale - absolute escapism into the ideal of Atlantis
Janelle Dazzlepants
Dec 19, 2008 Janelle Dazzlepants rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I read this ages ago (and obvious it is time to re-read it) and I don't remember much of it, just that I liked it.
Kerrie Fewings
Jun 22, 2011 Kerrie Fewings rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing... couldn't put the whole series down
Heather
Sep 23, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
Must like the first, I loved it just as equally. Traci Harding's imagination never fails to amaze me. I would recommend this to anyone who likes fantasy novels.
Alayne
Aug 21, 2013 Alayne rated it liked it
Again, a good read, kept wanting to keep going. Not the best of writers, and the preaching of the New Age philosophy is a bit annoying.
Dale Furse
Jun 02, 2012 Dale Furse rated it it was amazing
Tory's continuing story. Great read.
Tricia Rose
Jun 10, 2011 Tricia Rose rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Alisha
Feb 28, 2015 Alisha rated it it was amazing
I love Traci Harding books it is the best of romance, adventure, mythologoly and history all in one. Great charathers and storylines
Linda McCarthy
bluetyson
isbn,original
Karon
Jul 02, 2008 Karon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant series of books!
Mar 22, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Traci Harding would have to be one of my favourite authors. The imagination and depth of research really shows, with descriptive language whisking you off to another land.
Becci
Dec 10, 2010 Becci rated it it was amazing
Shelves: know-by-heart
To save her husband, Tori travels to ancient Atlantis - only to find familiar faces...
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Laura rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2011
Listopia and group for this Author just started! 1 7 Sep 17, 2011 04:58PM
  • Darkwitch Rising (The Troy Game, #3)
  • Red Phoenix (Dark Heavens, #2)
  • The Keeping Place (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #4)
  • Destiny (Trinity, #3)
  • Warrior (Hythrun Chronicles: Wolfblade, #2)
  • The Cursed Towers (The Witches of Eileanan, #3)
  • The Spell of Rosette (Quantum Enchantment, #1)
  • The Usurper's Crown (Isavalta, #2)
Traci Harding, is an Australian science-fantasy author who currently has twelve books in publication, on the Voyager label of HaperCollins Publishers Australia.

Her work blends fantasy, fact, esoteric belief, time travel and quantum physics, into adventurous romps through history, ulternative dimensions, universes and states of consciousness.

The Ancient Future Trilogy
Book 1 -The Ancient Future 199
More about Traci Harding...

The Ancient Future (3 books)
  • The Dark Age (The Ancient Future, #1)
  • Masters of Reality: The Gathering (The Ancient Future, #3)