Start by marking “An Echo in Time: Atlantis (The Ancient Future, #2)” as Want to Read:
An Echo in Time: Atlantis (The Ancient Future, #2)

An Echo in Time: Atlantis (The Ancient Future #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  1,138 ratings  ·  27 reviews
E-book extra: "Gods and Goddesses of Atlantis"

When High King Maelgwn goes mad, it's up to Queen Tory to save Britain from chaos. The cure she seeks is in Atlantis: an ancient civilization of learned men and miracles. But will she find this cure in time to save Maelgwn and be able to return to her loved ones in the Dark Age?

The narrow stairway inside the mountain led to a

Published February 22nd 2006 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about An Echo in Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Echo in Time

This book was marginally better than the first. It had more action, and less of the ridiculous, grating 'old' speak. The characters were mildly more likable, but still rather irritating and transparently shallow.

The only reason I read this one was because I borrowed it from the library at the same time as the first. I would not have picked it up and chosen to read it, after the abysmal effort of the first book in this series.

I found the ignorant nature, and child-like moods of the main character
I read some reviews about this book before reading it immediately after Book 1. Some of those reviews were not very glowing. Normally, I disregard these until I've read the book myself, as is the right way, and I don't always agree with them. This time, I almost did. However, I still enjoyed this book and have launched into Book 3 already.

In 'An Echo in Time: Atlantis', our hero, Tory Alexander, has made her home and life back in the 6th century, with her husband Maelgwyn, and her son Rhun. 20
It was pretty good, in the whole plot and the idea of Atlantis and all that. My only problem is with the major amount of errors in there (did anyone even EDIT this?), the fact that things are just a BIT too convenient, and that everyone seems to fall in love within a minute of meeting each other. I get that they bond over lifetimes and that is showing how strong their love is and how they're meant to be together, but there is no way this can happen with so many people over so many lifetimes. Lov ...more
Kelly Mason
Again I love everything by Traci Harding, I have given this book 4 instead of 5 stars because 5 stars I reserve for the books that completely knock me out, which her first book did. It would be hard for a second in a series to do the same. I love this book because it delves into atlantis, which I have a small obsession with.
This is my all-time favourite of Traci Harding's books. Hey there, if you are reading this, how about join my 'Traci Harding' group? Just type in 'Traci Harding' under a group search and you should find it. I just started it today and would like to get it really humming. There is also a listopia list under 'Best of Traci Harding' in the Fantasy section if you want to vote on your favourite three of her titles.

This series is amazing yeah? Don't you wish the Tori and Maelgwn story could go on and
I love Traci Harding books it is the best of romance, adventure, mythologoly and history all in one. Great charathers and storylines
least-favourite of the series.
This just didn't grab me for some reason. The Atlantis technology and experience was interesting, the manipulation of time and the issues that it brings was compelling, but I really couldn't get into it.
Awesome, amazing, awe-inspiring and all-out fun to read. As always, really! :-)

I re-read this series a lot, and no matter how often I read these books, I am continually amazed and delighted by them.
Traci Harding would have to be one of my favourite authors. The imagination and depth of research really shows, with descriptive language whisking you off to another land.
Must like the first, I loved it just as equally. Traci Harding's imagination never fails to amaze me. I would recommend this to anyone who likes fantasy novels.
Again, a good read, kept wanting to keep going. Not the best of writers, and the preaching of the New Age philosophy is a bit annoying.
Janelle Dazzlepants
I read this ages ago (and obvious it is time to re-read it) and I don't remember much of it, just that I liked it.
To save her husband, Tori travels to ancient Atlantis - only to find familiar faces...
Kerrie Fewings
Absolutely amazing... couldn't put the whole series down
great tale - absolute escapism into the ideal of Atlantis
Was alright. Not as catchy as the 1st book.
Sep 23, 2012 ~Anita~ added it
Shelves: fantasy
I prefered the first book of this trilogy
amazing storytelling just loved it !
Dale Furse
Tory's continuing story. Great read.
Monina Marcelino
Jun 10, 2011 Monina Marcelino marked it as to-read
sounds good, im gonna find out..
Brilliant series of books!
GREAT Book to read!
Peta added it
Oct 10, 2015
Listopia and group for this Author just started! 1 7 Sep 17, 2011 04:58PM
  • Darkwitch Rising (The Troy Game, #3)
  • Destiny (Trinity, #3)
  • The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)
  • The Fathomless Caves (The Witches of Eileanan, #6)
  • The Spell of Rosette (Quantum Enchantment, #1)
  • Warrior (Hythrun Chronicles: Wolfblade Trilogy, #2)
  • Blue Dragon (Dark Heavens, #3)
Traci Harding, is an Australian science-fantasy author who currently has twelve books in publication, on the Voyager label of HaperCollins Publishers Australia.

Her work blends fantasy, fact, esoteric belief, time travel and quantum physics, into adventurous romps through history, ulternative dimensions, universes and states of consciousness.

The Ancient Future Trilogy
Book 1 -The Ancient Future 199
More about Traci Harding...

The Ancient Future (3 books)
  • The Dark Age (The Ancient Future, #1)
  • Masters of Reality: The Gathering (The Ancient Future, #3)
The Dark Age (The Ancient Future, #1) Masters of Reality: The Gathering (The Ancient Future, #3) Gene Of Isis (Mystique Trilogy, #1) Chronicle of Ages (Celestial Triad, #1) Tablet of Destinies (Celestial Triad, #2)