Start by marking “Biscuit's Day at the Farm” as Want to Read:
Biscuit's Day at the Farm

Biscuit's Day at the Farm (World of Biscuit Beginning Reader)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  212 ratings  ·  31 reviews
A day spent on the farm is a new adventure for Biscuit.

There is so much to do, from feeding the hens and the goats to encouraging a little piglet who wants to roam to stay in his pen instead. But even on such a busy day, Biscuit always has time to make a new friend!
Published March 27th 2007 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Biscuit's Day at the Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biscuit's Day at the Farm

Rosa Cline
This Biscuit book was a nice read. It would also be an easier read for a level 1 beginning reader. Many repetitive words. This helps children who may not be familiar with farm animals become familiar with them. The illustrations are also very nice. I used the illustrations to have my 3 year old granddaughter count some of the piglets, or geese. Or on one page we 'where are the pigs, are they inside or outside' So this Biscuit book you could use in several ways as a learning tool but a fun tool t ...more
Kristin Palumbo
In Biscuits Day at the Farm, the little girl takes her dog Biscuit to go help her do her chores on the farm. Biscuit is kept busying by help feeding the pigs and he also makes friends with the pigs and goose by the end of the story. The illustrations in this book really descriptive for young children and help tell the story. Also, the choose of words, like woof and oink help grab the children's attention.
I liked this Biscuit book. The pictures are fun to look at and Biscuit is a lovable character. This beginner book has no more than 20 words on a page and the pictures tell the story more than the words do. There are many repeated words and context clues. All of the words should be familiar to children so it would be easy to read. The sentences are consistently at the bottom of the page in large text.
Meg McGregor
Biscuit is one of the literary world's cutest puppies!

In this adventure he goes to the farm and has lots of fun helping to feed the animals.

And of course, being Biscuit, he always has time to make a new friend!

I have been reading this series of books to more than 15 different little ones in my care and I still enjoy reading them every time.
Fredrick Danysh
Nov 14, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: childrens, pets, 2011
Our youngest just loves the books in the Biscuit series by Alyssa Satin Capucilli and Pat Schories. The narratives are repetitive and simple and the illustrations are adorable. It's a great Level 1 book that helps build confidence in early readers. This is a fun book about Biscuit visiting a farm and making friends with a piglet. We've read this one a couple of times.
Biscuit gets to meet the different animals at the farm. This is a good book to have the kids read while doing a farm unit.
Edward Creter
Biscuit is a pup who loves the farm, specially when cvhasing pigs and chickens and putting them in their place. Very cute.
Alyssa Honeycutt
Biscuit's Day At The Farm by Alyssa Satin Capucilli. Is a book that tells about a dog and his adventures at a farm. In the book the dog just finds and chases the farm animals back in the cages. This story is not educational theres no hidden moral to the story at all it all consists of fun intended reading. This story is short reading only a few sentences on each page and they mainly have two pages of pictures to explain to the reader what is going on.
Marie Gentilcore
Read this tonight to the kids. They enjoy the Biscuit series. It was a cute story and the illustrations are lovely.
Tisha Kunda
This is a simple and cute story about Biscuit visiting the farm. Baby pigs escape and Biscuit romps around the farm. I liked this story because the plot was super easy to follow and I love just about any story with farm animals and dogs. Both of my kids loved this book and they could read the large print easily. Excellent for kids in kindergarten. It would go great with a farm thematic unit.
Meg McGregor
Biscuit is one of the literary world's cutest puppies!

And of course, being Biscuit, he always has time to make a new friend!

Read again on April 17, 2014.
Room 123
Do you know what is yellow and furry? It's Biscuit's Day at the Farm! They feed animals. First they feed the hens. Then they feed the pigs. Then they find the pig and they go feed the goats. The pig comes out of the fence. They go over to the geese. The pig comes out of the fence. She opens the cage. Look for this book at the library! It's the best! By Ben
Amanda Kolar
Capucilli (2007) tells a story about Biscuit a dog that goes to a farm and helps feed different animals. One of the piglets keeps getting out of his pen and following Biscuits to the other animals. I would use this in my classroom. It would help me teach about different animals.
Edward Creter
Very cute. Biscuit is a lovable pup who discovers, as we humans do, how fun being on a farm is!
Matthew Ridley
Steve says: It's an easy has simple words. How do I review that? I'm an unemployed banker, not a children's librarian.

Tricia says: Biscuit returns with the usual "woof woof" and visits the farm.
Biscuit spends the day helping and makes a new friend in the little piglet who seems to always be getting out of his pen, wanting to be where Biscuit is! Love these books for beginning readers.
I liked the woofing sound best. I liked the goose chasing Biscuit and the piglet. The dog and the pig were so cute, and so were the people. And I liked the goose, and all the other farm animals.
Laura Elizabeth
Great for beginning readers, obviously since that's who it was intended. But seriously a cute story for even smaller children, and it really was a cute and easy story for my niece in pre-K.
Madison Jones
Great book for children that are just starting to read. There are bold words in the story that help children while reading. I would reccomend this book for preschool-kindergarten
Sally Staples
Biscuit is a cute little puppy. In this particular book, he is all over the farm helping to feed the animals, all the while a little piglet keeps getting loose.
Gabriel Dubransky
It tells me about helping the farm. In the book the little girl helps the farmer feed the other animals. Biscuit was just saying "Woof woof."
A great Biscuit read. It's his 4th one. The characters are familiar, though, at this point, we could do with a little less, "woof, woof."

Little Miss and the Legomeister
This is a sweet, cute book. Little Miss read this to me the other day. It's the perfect level for her right now, and she loved it.
Cute for a typical easy reader. Nice illustrations but could really leave out 1 or 50 "woof woof" remarks from Biscuit.
Dana Johnson
Great book for beginning readers. It is a level one book. Has big bold text. Would reccommend for a kindergarten classroom.
Biscuit goes to a farm. A piglet decides Biscuit is a good playmate.
Cute book & my daughter Ella loves it!
Amanda_DJ n' Zac
Awesome for new readers!
  • Mittens
  • Puppy Mudge Takes a Bath
  • The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)
  • Arthur Meets The President
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • The Berenstain Bears' Big Bear, Small Bear
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • The Fall Festival
  • Cock-A-Doodle-Doo! Barnyard Hullabaloo (Tiger Tales)
  • Chicken Said "Cluck!" (My First I Can Read)
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a da ...more
More about Alyssa Satin Capucilli...

World of Biscuit Beginning Reader (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Biscuit