Start by marking “The Pond” as Want to Read:
The Pond

The Pond

KIRKUS REVIEW - WORLD'S LARGEST BOOK CRITIC!
Rewarding read - "Dubois keeps the action going admirably with jungle skirmishes, car chases and home invasions so that the climax is well-prepared."

OVERVIEW:

"Three doctors go on vacation inside the Amazon Rainforest. Through a tragic accident they discover a young man by the name of Natowa living in the rainforest who has cures
Published February 29th 2012 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about The Pond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pond

Char
Jun 20, 2012 Char rated it liked it
The Pond, by Michelle Dubois, is a novel about three doctors (Quinn, Allen, and Michael) who go on vacation to the Amazon Rainforest. While there, they meet up with a variety of characters and face lots of dangerous adventures. The readers find out more about the mysterious Natowa (also known as Miguel) and his sister Marilyn as more secrets and lies come to light. At the core of the novel is the pond, a place where deep mysteries lie. This book doesn't focus on one main character; instead, ther ...more
Carolyn
Jun 23, 2012 Carolyn rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
I liked the storyline. It kind of reminded me of the movies Love Actually, Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve in that there were several different stories happening but they were all connected through the characters.

The Pond starts off with Michael, Allen and Quinn graduating as doctors from University but then it jumps forward about 10 years to the three of them taking a holiday together in the Amazon. Enter Alex a flight attendant who Michael is attracted to.

The four of them go on a journey de
Brandy
Jul 02, 2012 Brandy rated it liked it
Recommended to Brandy by: author
Shelves: nook, reviewed
In this debut novel Michelle Dubois has covered it all: mystery, suspense, romance, and a little science fiction too. Set primarily in the Amazon Jungle and Rio de Janeiro, this is a great summer read. While the story starts off a little slow, once the pieces start coming together you want to know what is going to happen next. There are several unexpected twists in the plot keeping the story fresh. The characters are endearing and I found myself wanting to laugh and cry along with them. The desc ...more
Panchali
Jun 26, 2012 Panchali rated it it was amazing
A friend asked me to read this book and give an opinion. I started reading and couldn't put it down. The way the author wove together the relationships between the characters in such a smooth and interesting manner made the story pleasing and my desire to find out more about them kept me reading.

This book is suitable for everyone. Parents can feel safe having their teen daughters read this book as well as sharing it with older more mature readers. There is something for everyone here.

There was
Amy Rachiele
Jun 02, 2012 Amy Rachiele rated it liked it
The book has a great concept of traveling to the Amazon. Such a mystical place! The main characters are Doctors with a long friendship. The story is weaved with a brother and sister connection that is strong.
Amber
Aug 02, 2012 Amber rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a ebook from the author in exchange for a review, so here it goes. I loved this book it had a bit of everything from romance to action to mystery. I've heard that Ms. Dubois is looking to make this into a movie and I really hope that happens.
Patty Mountain
Jul 27, 2012 Patty Mountain rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a great read, I could not put it down. I am definitely getting this for my daughters to read. I look forward to seeing more Michelle. Kudos to you.
Joanna Hudson
Jul 20, 2012 Joanna Hudson rated it it was amazing
Great read full of surprises both my husband and I enjoyed this sweet book immensely, looking for a movie perhaps would make a good one
joanna
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
Robert Hookey
Robert Hookey rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Ani
Ani rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2012
Patti Jo
Patti Jo rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2013
Haley
Haley rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Becky McGraw
Becky McGraw marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2012
Kel
Kel marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Heather Fineisen
Heather Fineisen marked it as to-read
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Carrie Mongillo
Carrie Mongillo marked it as to-read
Malyssa Latta
Malyssa Latta marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Cara Connelly Tucker
Cara Connelly Tucker marked it as to-read
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Sarah Walker
Sarah Walker marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Mitzi
Mitzi marked it as to-read
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Theresa Valentine
Theresa Valentine marked it as to-read
Rose Cimarron
Rose Cimarron marked it as to-read
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2012
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2012
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2012
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2012
Saisha
Saisha marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2012
From Michelle Dubois 5 11 Jul 19, 2012 07:02AM
Born in Western N.Y., P.J. travelled with her parents and five other siblings between United States, Mexico and Canada. Her parents finally settled in Colden N.Y. where her latter childhood years were mostly spent. When her parents retired, they returned back to Canada and settled in Southern Ontario. P.J. married a Canadian and after ten years of marriage she divorced and raised her one son, Chri ...more
More about P.J. Carver...