Start by marking “Prison Break 2438” as Want to Read:
Prison Break 2438

Prison Break 2438

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  8 reviews
By the 2400s, the USA has been torn apart by natural disaster, war, and ideology. From the ashes of the southern and western United States have arisen two new nations: Middlechris and the Kali Union. In this post-apocalyptic tale, a simple Kali bookstore owner, Franco Leon, discovers that an old friend, Juan Olofson -- the leader of a rebel force called the Tiger's Paw Arm ...more
Published January 9th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Prison Break 2438, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prison Break 2438

Roger DeBlanck
The Zargari brothers, Shahab and Shahram, have written an exciting and gritty action novel taking place in a dystopian America of the remote future. Prison Break 2438 makes for some apt comparisons to Orwell’s brainwashed society in 1984 and more recently to McCarthy’s apocalyptic landscape in The Road, but the Zargari brothers have imagined their own terrifying future of an ideologically-divided, war-ravaged America. In the world of 2438, the United States has fallen victim to religious and rac ...more
David
Aug 26, 2012 David rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Note: Book was received in a giveaway.

I wanted to like this book. I really did. Sure, the premise didn't sound very original, but I thought it might be a fun story along the lines of "Escape from New York" or some other dystopic narrative.

But what I thought would be a three- or four-star book obviously didn't make it that high in my eyes. First, the cover and dimensions of the book are somewhat misleading. Based on those aspects, this looks like a graphic novel. I'm not sure if it was intended t
Morgan
This book was a fast-paced adventure from start to finish. This made it easy to get into, and stay engaged in. My only complaint is that the pace made it difficult for me to keep some of the supporting characters straight, as there wasn't much back story. However, not being able to remember who was who (in terms of the more minor characters) didn't take anything whatsoever away from the plot. I really enjoyed the transformation of the main character, Franco.

All together, a quick and engaging re
Dawn Betts-Green (Dinosaur in the Library)
Though I love Dystopian lit, I don't usually like very battle-heavy novels. This one was pretty good, though. I would have preferred more background information on how the U.S. came to be the way it is in this world, but all in all, it was a good read. I hope a sequel with more history is in the making.
Steve
This book was a real thrill ride, with a great story and colorful characters. It's gritty and bloody and tottaly believable. I really liked the dialogue to.
Krystal
I won this book in a giveaway.

You follow the story of Franco, an older book store owner playing it safe on the fringes of a world ripping itself apart, as he gets dragged into a bloody war and is chewed up and spit out by the machine he thinks he is fighting against. The setting is a post-apocalyptic America that was simply unable to come to a truce over racial differences and split into three separate countries.

I thought the idea of a leader pushing those he despises either out of arms reach o
James Wedge
Prison Break 24338 was different take on a post apocalyptic world with the emphasis on the US, it was just too disjointed to be truly interesting. It would have been easier to get into the story if chapter 15 (a historical synopsis) had come much earlier in the book. After the 15th chapter the book flowed somewhat better picking up speed and interest. Lots of violence, but not out of place for the type of story, just not for the squeamish,likewise the illustrations in the back of the book.
Lizzy Lessard
I've tried off and on for about a year to finish this book. I cannot connect to the characters, I can't follow the storyline well, and the world-building is lacking. This book is a permanent DNF and going to be donated to my library.

FROM NOTES: "The writing style makes it very hard for me to enjoy the story. And zero world building done so far so I'm confused as to what's going on. All I have to rely on is the map dividing the US into 3 territories."

Won in a goodreads giveaway.
Adam
Adam added it
Jul 20, 2015
Ali Tavakoly
Ali Tavakoly is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2014
Felice
Felice marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Kolie Heyer
Kolie Heyer marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Dalet
Dalet marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Said
Said marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Jöseph Blair
Jöseph Blair is currently reading it
Dec 27, 2012
Chris Mason
Chris Mason marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
Anja Manning
Anja Manning marked it as to-read
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jordyn
Jordyn marked it as to-read
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
Through Our Eyes: A Collection of Cross-Processed Street-Art How To Gain Assurance In Your Marketing And Advertising Techniques: A Complete Survival Guide