Start by marking “Ties to the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ties to the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #1)

Read Book

Ties to the Blood Moon (Blood Moon #1)

Myths. Legends. fairytales. For most people they are stories, but for one girl they are her history. Genevieve finds herself in a world she never knew existed. And she's not sure if she wants to be a part of it.
Published January 31st 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ties to the Blood Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ties to the Blood Moon

Giselle
Nov 17, 2011 Giselle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to, but sadly I wasn't able to finish this one. Right away I saw a lot of similarities with Twilight that really got under my skin. There was also a very intense case of insta-love where the protagonist had "given her heart" to him within 2 days. I'm also big on world building and where werewolves are involved, there has to be a clothes explanation. These ones seemed to change to and from wolf form with their clothes untouched. Do they parade around as wolves dressed in stretched ...more
Michaela McGregor
Mar 01, 2013 Michaela McGregor rated it liked it
The author provided a free copy of this book for my honest opinion.

Ties to the Blood Moon, the first in the YA Blood Moon series, is the story of Gen Labreck’s initiation into the supernatural world of werewolves and vampires. Being the mother of three teen girls, I didn't find Gen’s behavior and attitude completely unrealistic but I did find her unlikable and annoying. However, the mystery held my attention, allowing me to ignore this mild irritation. What I did find very distracting were the g
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
Original review on my Blog: http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy....

The Good
I am so happy I decided to read more young adult books. Ties to the Blood Moon was an adventure and a half that kept me enthralled from beginning to end. I just wish book two was already out because I can't wait to see what Waldrop has in store for her characters.

After her mother's death, Genevieve moves in with her aunt in Alaska. Everything may seem normal at first, but slowly Gen finds out that not all fairytales ar
Joelle
Mar 05, 2013 Joelle rated it liked it
Generally I avoid reading reviews of a book I plan to review until afterward; I'm glad I broke that tendency with this book so I was able to read a conversation between the author and a reviewer. having read "bad advice" and "new edition," I don't feel as bad giving this 3 stars; I look forward to the new edition & increasing my rating to a 4 or a 5. Also seeing the negative reviews comparing this to "Twilight" makes me glad I have no connection to that crappy series (in book or movie) beyon ...more
Ali Isaac
May 09, 2013 Ali Isaac rated it liked it
Ties to the Blood Moon is a teenage coming of age vampire romance. In this story, we are introduced to Gen, a seventeen year old girl recently bereaved of her mother, who has moved to Alaska to live with her aunt. At her new high school, she meets a group of people who prove to be so much more than they at first seem, and that’s where the adventure begins.

For Gen is the long prophesied Adlet wolf princess. Only she can unite the Adlets and the Vampires against their enemy, Zane, and his Lycan ar
Tony Breeden
Mar 26, 2013 Tony Breeden rated it liked it
Robin Waldrop's Ties to the Blood Moon tells the story of a young teen named Gen who is forced to live with her Aunt Bev in Alaska after the death of her mother. After a series of strange events, she finds herself surrounded by werewolves, vampires, and other monstrous creatures. Worse still, she seems to be the returning Adlet werewolf princess mentioned in an ancient prophecy, which makes her a target for those who don't want werewolves and vampires to unite under her rule.

It took me a while t
Lucy Dosch
Mar 04, 2012 Lucy Dosch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starts slow. Picks up.

This is one of those stories you need to stick with. The first overwhelming thought when you start the story will be the “this is a cheap Twilight knockoff,” as I am sure any werewolf/vampire/new girl love triangle will now face from here on out. I had some issues with the characters, beside the “twilight” flashbacks, including the picnic that William takes Gen to in the meadow full of flowers…(hmmm, I’ve been here before…) The great love with William was really quick. Her
Jenny Longhorn
Nov 16, 2011 Jenny Longhorn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off let me just say, WOW I was blown away! Robin is an extremely talented author. Why we haven’t seen anything from her before now is disturbing. I loved her easy to read style of writing and the way she executed dialogue. Very YA, very compelling. There were some minor grammatical errors, but they certainly didn't take away from the read.

The first thing that caught my eye was the title. It peaked my interest, so I googled it and was pleased to see there is not one other book out there wi
Sandra (Rather Barefoot than Bookless)
My Thoughts:
I really liked this one I must say! It was a great story with a lot of twists and turns and you really never knew what was about to happen. Robin is a great story teller and I really enjoyed her way of writing and making you completely hooked. I did not want to put the book down. In the end of the story I was completely chocked by one turn of event which I think was really good since it was something you really did not expect. What can I say, people arent always what say seem.The sto
Nickcole
Mar 09, 2013 Nickcole rated it really liked it
Shelves: asked-to-review
I received this book as a R2R from the Lovers of Paranormal Group!

Stars: 3.5

Pros: I really enjoyed watching Gen's character develop from awkward teen to bad ass Alpha Female. The Legend about the princess was also a favorite scene of mine.

Cons: The beginning reminded me a little of Twilight and i felt that every other chapter someone was mad or crying about something. Plus the "romance seems to be happening way to quickly for my liking. It's been maybe 3 weeks and they already saying the 3 word
Rylee Green
Jan 06, 2012 Rylee Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ties To The Blood Moon can be summed up in one word--AWESOME!!! I could not put this book down. I started reading it right after I bought it, and didn't stop until the end.

Genevieve, the protag, is not a helpless human girl at all and that's one thing I really loved about her. So many other books portray the girl as wimpy, whiny, and helpless. Genevieve knew what needed to be done and regardless of the consequences, she did it.

She also made some wonderful friends in this first book I hope to s
Jacquie Talento
Feb 28, 2012 Jacquie Talento rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gen is lost after her mother passes away from a fire. Her Aunt Bev has taken her into her home in Alaska. When she starts school, she meets a friend named Luna. Everyone around her has all the answers to what is going to happen to Gen, but Gen. Secrets fly and a realization surfaces that this is not a normal town. She meets William at school and there is an instant connection between them. She feels safer than she ever has when he is around. But things start to change for her and she slowly lear ...more
Grace Leving
Jan 04, 2012 Grace Leving rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start off by saying, I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN. I found it to be a awesome read. i am a fan of Twilight, but I loved this one too. even though there are a few similarities, if you look hard enough at any two books along the same lines you can always pick out similarities. That doesn't mean one is riding the coattails of another. It probably just means you went looking for something. That's not fair to these authors who work tirelessly to keep US entertained.
And as far as werwolves a
Shalena
Jan 17, 2012 Shalena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that I have put on my top ten list! The author was able to tell the story of Genieve and William exceptionally well. The love between the two along with Joseph's love of Genieve was heart touching! I felt like I was on the edge of my seat at each page turn. I definetely will be recommending this book to friends who enjoy reading stories about vampires and wolves. I would also add that the flow of the story was excellent and beat the prior vampire story I had read!! At each page tu ...more
Jackie -Sated Faery
This was an amazing book! The Alaskan setting was perfect for the story and I was drawn in right from the start. I loved Gen - she had a great outlook on things even after everything she had been through. The other characters were all intriguing as well; William is dreamy & mysterious. Luna is a fun & loyal friend & her brothers are hunky & exciting. The bad guys are manipulative & scary & sometimes its hard to tell who's on their side! I love the action, mystery, & s ...more
Rebecca
Feb 04, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read alot of books for just being a teenager, and I could never say this one is my favorite untill I read TIES TO THE BLOOD MOON. This book grabbed my attention as soon as I started reading it. I started it on Friday and finished Saturday morning. I love how Robin Waldrop tells you details, but doesnt give you so much that you can't use your imagination. I would tell anyone to read this book because it is spectacular!
Dana
Feb 25, 2013 Dana rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was very fast-paced and difficult to put down and walk away from because there was always something important happening. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Genevieve and William. There was enough action to keep me on the edge of my seat, and enough romance to keep my heart happy :-) The storyline of vampires, lycan, shapeshifters and hybrids is a refreshing twist on the normal vamp/shifter books. I'm looking forward to reading the next book!
Timothy Liggins
Feb 01, 2013 Timothy Liggins rated it it was amazing
This book made me never want to stop. I used to say 'I hate reading.' But know I love reading. I'm still trying to save up enoungh money so in an get the rest of the series. I especially love the part when I found out Genevieve was a hybrid. i was so shocked. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves reading. Thanks Robin for writing this book.
Literary  Chanteuse
Dec 31, 2011 Literary Chanteuse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-paranormal
I liked the native legend angle and that it was set in Alaska. Good use of the landscape. A love triangle and friends having to unite to fight the enemy. It is a very action packed paranormal story. Lot's of the unexpected.
The Twins Read
This review can originally be found at The Twins Read .

Following her mother's death, Gen is sent to live with her Aunt Bev in Alaska to contine on with her normal life. Gen thought that maybe she could make a few new friends, flirt with a cute boy... but find out that she's something else entirely? Definitely not what she expected. Gen turns out to be the Adlet princess that the Lycans, the Bloodsuckers, and the Adlets have been waiting for.

We know that based on the summary alone, you can't te
Inessa
Apr 04, 2012 Inessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Rating : 3.5/5

Mon avis en français : http://betweendandr.blogspot.com/2012...

My English review : http://betweendandr.blogspot.com/2012...

Here’s a book that I was very nervous to start. Having read various reviews of this novel (both positive and negative) which highlighted some similarities with the famous saga written by Stephenie Meyer, I wanted to make my own opinion. And in the end I must say I liked it.

Genevieve (or Gen) is forced to move to Alaska in her aunt’s house, after the death of he
Julie Darley (Never judge a Book by its Movie)
I was asked by the author Robin yesterday if I would consider reading/reviewing Tes to the Blood Moon and the 2 follow-up books. I read the synopsis, and also some of the reviews already posted and to be quite honest (and I was honest with Robin) I really didn't want to delve back into yet another Vampire/Werewolf book. I am so burnt out on this genre that my fingers still smoke.

However, I saw the cover and, well look at it. It is a very appealing cover so I told her that as I had no reading pla
Elisabeth Wheatley
Okay...so I've got some mixed feelings about this book. I debated between a three and four star rating, but settled on three. On one hand, it had some fun action sequences and awesome suspense. On the other hand, it had one of the worst love triangles I've ever seen. (I'm sorry! REALLY sorry! But it's true!): There were far too many sentences Gen started with "I didn't know how I knew, but I did" or "somehow I knew that..." or something similar. There were a few typos and formatting errors, but ...more
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Cover & Title: Love the title, and the cover is very ominous (way creepier than the story), but I could've done with some vamp on the red.

Concept: Very good. Maybe not the most original, but I still liked it. I might tag it as classy. ;) There was some of everything: the typical vampire vs. werewolf tension, a little mystery about heritage, a traitor, love gone wrong, a bit of magic and legend, some quest and quite some fighting.

Plot: Genevieve's life is pretty much turned upside down when s
Franjessca
I always love reading books from new authors that I haven't tried out yet. I came across Robin P. Waldrop at Goodreads.com...which is my fave site to be on. Once I read the description of "Ties of the Blood Moon", I knew I had to see what it was all about.

First off, this is my first book I've read that has it's location in Alaska. Usually, when you read about Vampires it's in Louisiana or another southern state (except for Twilight of course). Werewolves are usually in northern Washington, Colo
Liberty Ann Ireland
Werewolves, Vampires, and Hybrids? Oh yeah! Maybe that should be the subtitle to Ties to the Blood Moon.:) This YA Paranormal novel is a winner, start to finish. The characters are interesting with great dialog and action and the plot moves along at a pace that keeps you wondering "What's going to happen next?".

The Good: I enjoyed having the book take place in Alaska and involve a good, old legend that wove in and out throughout the storyline. As it is a YA book, I guess I should not have been
Autumn Review
Summary:
After the death of her mother, seventeen year old Genevieve is forced to move in with her Aunt Bev in Alaska. Once there, she assumes her senior year at her new school will be great. Then she meets Luna and her brothers Joseph, James, and Joshua. There is something different about them, but she’s not sure what it is. Not only does she meet the sets of twins, but she meets mysterious William. He’s captivated her and she falls in love with him quickly. The more she learns about her new fri
Megan
Sep 13, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I decided to take part in this blog tour I was a little hesitant at how much I would like this book because upon look at previous reviews on Goodreads a lot of people were saying it was very similar to the Twilight Series.
Now don’t get me wrong, my preferred genre is paranormal, so a lot of books follow the same mainstream ideas, the most popular being the Twilight Series, which is why I decided to give this series a shot.
And well, I’ll be very honest, although it did have some of the sam
Autumn
Jul 18, 2012 Autumn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will be reading this book again! I loved it.

As soon as I started reading Ties To The Blood Moon, I did not want to put it down. At times I did find that it shared some of the same elements as Twilight with the vampire and the werewolf falling in love with the same girl but that is to be expected, also with the picnic in the meadow of flowers. But Robin made her own characters and their personality different, and unique. That this book is quite different than Twilight.

I do wish that when Genevie
Sara Kovach
What an awesome novel! I read this novel as a review request from the author. I am so glad that I got the request. I may or may not have read the novel on my own, but regardless, it was very well worth the read!!!!

Genevieve is forced to move in with her aunt in Alaska because her mother is killed in a devastating fire.She decides to attend public school to help her escape her grief of losing her mother; here she meets a close friend and 2 boys she can't keep her mind off of. The adventure that e
  • Broken Butterflies
  • Wicked Hungry
  • Soul Search
  • No Remorse (Heart of a Wolf, #1)
  • In Cassie's Corner
  • The Beginning (Night Dreams, #1)
  • The Princelings of the East - The Trilogy
  • Andraste
  • Dark Revelation
  • Song to Wake to (Levels, # 1)
  • love/life: Hot in Houston
  • Bridge to Cailai: Book One
  • Beyond the Sun (Dark Order of the Dragon, #1)
  • Spellbound (Legend, #1)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
  • Blood Rites
  • Nephilim Genesis of Evil
  • The Tears of Elios (Elgean Chronicles, #1)
I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, business owner, and author of YA/Urban Fantasy paranormal novels. TIES TO THE BLOOD MOON is book 1 in my series and is available on all digital sites, and also print and audio as well. Book 2 is finished and will be out in August.

You can read my reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, Smashwords, and B&N.

I'd love to hear from you.
robinpwaldrop@gmail.com
More about Robin P. Waldrop...

Blood Moon (3 books)
  • Shadow of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #2)
  • Crest of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #3)