Start by marking “Dolores Meets Her Match” as Want to Read:
Dolores Meets Her Match

Dolores Meets Her Match

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dolores is the cat expert, always bragging about her cat, Duncan. But when Hillary arrives on the scene, proud owner of Harold, a Siamese kitten from a family of prize-winning show cats who has seven different ways of saying meow, Dolores knows she's in trouble. How can Duncan compete? Even though her older sister, Faye, advises, "Just let Duncan be Duncan," Dolores is det ...more
Published September 18th 2007 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Dolores Meets Her Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dolores Meets Her Match

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
While I can see that the arrival of a new girl in the class who claims that her cat has all kinds of star qualities might arouse Dolores' jealous/rivalry, I think it far more likely that the two would become instant friends because of their mutual interest in cats. The whole story of how Duncan "saves" Hillary's cat Harold doesn't really make sense either. The whole plot seems weak to me. Only the ending makes sense! Disappointing.
Treasa
Dolores has always been the cat expert in her class, but when Hillary shows up, this just might change. How can Dolores's fat and lazy cat, Duncan, possibly compete with Hillary's exquisite Siamese, Harold?

Good story about friendship and accepting people (or cats) for who they are.
Tricia
Dolores has competition for being a cat-know-it-all when Hillary arrives in town with her Siamese, Harold. Cute enough for early elementary with a clear message of accepting others as they are (in this case accepting that her cat Duncan would never be Harold).
Bethany
nice story, humorous illustrations support the story line; good read aloud for older audience (ages 5-7); themes: pets cats, school, show-and-tell
Rachel
This is a great book that teaches the reader to be happy about who you are, &, consequently, happy about who your pet is.
Judy
Good book about jealousy resolution and compromise. I found this book to be very cute and very appropriate for 7-9 year olds.
The Library Lady
I love Dolores, I love Duncan, and I love this latest book of their adventures!
Susan Erhardt
Funny! Shows that fancy and sophisticated isn't always better.
Miri
Miri marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Anusha
Anusha marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Justine
Justine marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
The Trucker Duncan and Dolores Fred's Beds Happy Valentine's Day, Dolores Dolores on her Toes