Start by marking “Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity” as Want to Read:
Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity

Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity

4.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  129 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Max Lucado's narrative and Ron DiCianni's paintings help parents communicate the secrets of the faith to their kids.
Published October 1st 1993 by Crossway Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me the Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me the Secrets

Cathy Cramer
We read this books with the kids (2nd, 5th, and 8th grades) as recommended by a friend. Max Lucado is a good storyteller and all the kids enjoy his stories, both in this book and others, such as "Coming Home," and "Because I Love You." The stories in "Tell Me the Secrets" on peace, growth, greatness and life involved forgiveness, bullying, hard times and heaven, which all fit in well with events in our children's own lives. "The Song of the King" and "The Wemmicks" were very well told. I like th ...more
Roberta
Mar 27, 2011 Roberta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a treasure. Buy this to read to your kids, grandkids and read again yourself to remind you of the really important things in life.
Nikki
May 01, 2016 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book wasn't as good as the first one but it was still amazing. I loved the different stories and loved that they were all connected. Some stories weren't really meant for younger children so if reading it to kids it's important to preread them yourself so make sure your kids are ready to hear the story. I enjoyed reading it and the stories were filled with emotion and had amazing meanings and lessons behind them. This book is great for anyone wanting something short to help them reconnect w ...more
Robin
S. J.
May 31, 2013 S. J. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every Christian parent and their children when they decide they are ready
Recommended to S. by: Parents

* Insightfulness - 10
* Ease of Reading - 10
* Photos/Illustrations - 10
Final Score: 73/80 = 91%

*WARNING: I will be discussing the stories in depth. I will try not to completely spoil the stories, but I want to give anyone who is looking at buying this for their children an idea of what is talked about so they know what age they might want to introduce some of the ideas to t
Sparrow12
Jun 29, 2016 Sparrow12 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good stories to think about the last story about death was really good. I avoid reading/talking about death. It is helping me look at death differently.
Jul 07, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An overthrown baseball changes the life of three children when they meet Josh and Melva. Using stories from The Book Of Secrets, the children learn how to deal with the problems in their lives.

I thought this was a delightful book that showed how sometimes you need to step back and look at your problems from a different angle, and then you might be able to see a solution. Max Lucado has done it again, definitely read this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/200
Monica
Oct 28, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it
Max Lucado has created a beautiful book that illustrates how to grow faith and spirituality. He openly shares the love of our Heavenly Father and Christ through a well told story that narrates four friends through everyday challenges. Designed to be read to and by children this book is also an important reminder to adults as well, since the secrets are timeless. The illustrations add to the beauty of the book and I highly recommend it for everyone.
Beth
Feb 01, 2008 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beth by: Mike McConnell
My dad used to read one chapter (one secret) of this book to my brothers and me every night before bed when we were children. Even at a young age, I remember the secrets in this book deeply affecting me. I buy this book each time a friend has a baby and I have my own copy waiting to be read to my own children. I highly recommend it.
John
Mar 15, 2007 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
now here's a lucado book i can really get behind. did you know i had to scroll through four or five pages of his books before i found this one? anyways, i wish lucado wrote more fiction - that's where he could have made his biggest impact (in my opinion).
Bryony
Mar 27, 2009 Bryony rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with lots of treasures inside, not just for the children in the story, who learn so much, but for readers from the outside as well. It's one I'll read again and again and share with my children.
Hannah
This is a lovely book with valuable truths, a great family book. It deals with many of the temptations and puzzles that face all believers, and tells its stories in an interesting, relateable manner.
Maria Diane
May 27, 2013 Maria Diane rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to learn the secrets of life
Recommended to Maria by: Robin Gallent
It was wonderful. Meant to be a book for children to read every night, a teenage girl learned amazing things from it. Max Lucado was moving as always and accompanied by beauty from Ron DiCianni.
Betsy
Potential, but overall, I think these stories are a bit trite/cheesy. (Esp the illustrations). I like "the point" of the stories, but they feel like "stories-with-a-point" ....
Paula
Jul 07, 2008 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and read it periodically to refresh my memory. It's about a group of kids who learn a whole lot from an old man!
Sarah "Mir"
Nov 24, 2009 Sarah "Mir" rated it really liked it
This will always remind me of my childhood, when dad would read from this every night. It's a great book.
Robyn
Jul 27, 2012 Robyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful story! Can be read as the entire book or each chapter can be a story.
Cathy Perish
Cathy Perish marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Cortney Hellmich
Cortney Hellmich marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Gladies
Gladies marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Sophia
Sophia added it
Jun 06, 2016
Poop
Poop is currently reading it
May 25, 2016
Subtlestrikes
Subtlestrikes rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Evan
Evan rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Paula Peterson
Paula Peterson marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Carolyn Shepherd
Carolyn Shepherd rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Paulina
Paulina marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Sword of Camelot (Seven Sleepers, #3)
  • One Wintry Night
  • Tales of the Kingdom (Tales of the Kingdom, #1)
  • The Valentine Bears
  • Floss
  • Bunny Money
  • The Big Book for Peace
  • The Priest with Dirty Clothes: A Timeless Story of God's Love and Forgiveness
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...