Start by marking “Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity” as Want to Read:
Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity

Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Max Lucado's narrative and Ron DiCianni's paintings help parents communicate the secrets of the faith to their kids.
Published October 1st 1993 by Crossway Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me the Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me the Secrets

Roberta
This is a treasure. Buy this to read to your kids, grandkids and read again yourself to remind you of the really important things in life.
Robin
S. J.
May 31, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Every Christian parent and their children when they decide they are ready
Recommended to S. by: Parents

* Insightfulness - 10
* Ease of Reading - 10
* Photos/Illustrations - 10
Final Score: 73/80 = 91%

*WARNING: I will be discussing the stories in depth. I will try not to completely spoil the stories, but I want to give anyone who is looking at buying this for their children an idea of what is talked about so they know what age they might want to introduce some of the ideas to t
Snorkle
An overthrown baseball changes the life of three children when they meet Josh and Melva. Using stories from The Book Of Secrets, the children learn how to deal with the problems in their lives.

I thought this was a delightful book that showed how sometimes you need to step back and look at your problems from a different angle, and then you might be able to see a solution. Max Lucado has done it again, definitely read this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/200
Monica
Max Lucado has created a beautiful book that illustrates how to grow faith and spirituality. He openly shares the love of our Heavenly Father and Christ through a well told story that narrates four friends through everyday challenges. Designed to be read to and by children this book is also an important reminder to adults as well, since the secrets are timeless. The illustrations add to the beauty of the book and I highly recommend it for everyone.
Beth
Feb 01, 2008 Beth rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beth by: Mike McConnell
Shelves: kids-collection
My dad used to read one chapter (one secret) of this book to my brothers and me every night before bed when we were children. Even at a young age, I remember the secrets in this book deeply affecting me. I buy this book each time a friend has a baby and I have my own copy waiting to be read to my own children. I highly recommend it.
John
now here's a lucado book i can really get behind. did you know i had to scroll through four or five pages of his books before i found this one? anyways, i wish lucado wrote more fiction - that's where he could have made his biggest impact (in my opinion).
Bryony
This is a great book with lots of treasures inside, not just for the children in the story, who learn so much, but for readers from the outside as well. It's one I'll read again and again and share with my children.
Hannah
This is a lovely book with valuable truths, a great family book. It deals with many of the temptations and puzzles that face all believers, and tells its stories in an interesting, relateable manner.
Maria Diane
May 27, 2013 Maria Diane rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to learn the secrets of life
Recommended to Maria by: Robin Gallent
It was wonderful. Meant to be a book for children to read every night, a teenage girl learned amazing things from it. Max Lucado was moving as always and accompanied by beauty from Ron DiCianni.
Betsy
Potential, but overall, I think these stories are a bit trite/cheesy. (Esp the illustrations). I like "the point" of the stories, but they feel like "stories-with-a-point" ....
Paula
I love this book and read it periodically to refresh my memory. It's about a group of kids who learn a whole lot from an old man!
Sarah "Mir"
This will always remind me of my childhood, when dad would read from this every night. It's a great book.
Robyn
What a beautiful story! Can be read as the entire book or each chapter can be a story.
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Mell
Mell added it
Mar 20, 2015
Ronda
Ronda marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Kathy
Kathy added it
Feb 16, 2015
Ilias joy
Ilias joy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Anna H
Anna H added it
Jan 30, 2015
Jill Talbert
Jill Talbert marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • One Wintry Night
  • The Sword of Camelot (Seven Sleepers, #3)
  • Tales of the Kingdom (Tales of the Kingdom, #1)
  • The Cloud Book
  • Hairy Maclary and Zachary Quack
  • Max's Chocolate Chicken
  • Bonjour, Babar!: The Six Unabridged Classics by the Creator of Babar
  • The Quilt Story
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear