Start by marking “What Life Was Like In The Age Of Chivalry: Medieval Europe Ad 800 1500” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
What Life Was Like In ...

Denise Dersin

What Life Was Like In The Age Of Chivalry: Medieval Europe Ad 800 1500 (What Life Was Like)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In diesem Band lernen Sie zahlreiche historisch verbürgte Fakten und eindrucksvolle Geschichten aus dem mittelalterlichen Europa kennen. Er richtet sein Augenmerk ebensosehr auf das Alltagsleben der Menschen im Mittelalter wie auf die großen geschichtlichen Ereignisse und führt Sie durch stille Klöster, über Schlachtfelder, in lärmende, betriebsame Städte und Burgen jener ...more
Published by Time-Life Books (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about What Life Was Like In The Age Of Chivalry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Life Was Like In The Age Of Chivalry

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
This could be a good source for readers of all ages. The images chosen include both obscure ones, and common ones that are reproduced at a better quality than is typically found elsewhere. Primary sources, such as surviving letters (both commonly known ones such as those of the Pastons, and more obscure ones), are used to create accessible depictions of the period.
Austen to Zafón
Not exactly all-encompassing, but I enjoyed this dip into the middle ages. The art is nice and I liked the stories of certain people in that age for whom we have actual documentation. In the course of my BA in English, I focused on this period, but it's been a while and it was nice to have a little refresher. Good bedtime read.
Sabine
Apr 21, 2008 Sabine rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Sabine by: Library
I read this book for research on a story I am writing. It gave me a lot of good ideas and I liked the way it was formated. Easy to understand, and it told stories about each even rather than just facts so I found myself really getting into it.
Jen W
This book was nicely done. The pictures were beautiful and the inserts were informative. I loved the photos of the cathedral architecture.
Scott
3.5 stars - this book has its faults but it has some excellent art and a few nice anecdotes.
Jamie
I love these books and learn so much more than I did in the classroom!
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Deborah Pickstone
Deborah Pickstone marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Brandy
Brandy added it
May 23, 2015
Josh Hudson
Josh Hudson marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Inez
Inez marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Tamera
Tamera marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Gerald
Gerald marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Feb 01, 2015
Olivia Lewis
Olivia Lewis marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Lady Nefertankh
Lady Nefertankh marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Tracie Montgomery
Tracie Montgomery marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • What Life Was Like Among Druids and High Kings: Celtic Ireland, AD 400-1200 (What Life Was Like)
  • The Medieval Reader
  • Arms & Armor
  • The Fall of Camelot (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Uppity Women of the Renaissance
  • Heroes of the Dawn: Celtic Myth (Myth and Mankind)
  • The Oxford History of Medieval Europe
  • Knight
  • A History of London
  • The Ties That Bound: Peasant Families in Medieval England
  • A Brief History of Life in the Middle Ages
  • The New Concise History of the Crusades (Critical Issues in World and International History)
  • St. Francis of Assisi: A Biography

What Life Was Like (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • What Life Was Like on the Banks of the Nile: Egypt, 3050-30 BC
  • What Life Was Like at the Dawn of Democracy: Classical Athens, 525-322 BC (What Life Was Like)
  • What Life Was Like Amid Splendor and Intrigue: Byzantine Empire, AD 330-1453
  • What Life Was Like When Rome Ruled the World: The Roman Empire, 100 BC - AD 200 (What Life Was Like)
  • What Life Was Like in the Lands of the Prophet: Islamic World, AD 570-1405 (What Life Was Like)
  • What Life Was Like When Longships Sailed: Vikings, AD 800-1100 (What Life Was Like)
  • What Life Was Like Among Samurai and Shoguns: Japan, AD 1000-1700 (What Life Was Like)
  • What Life Was Like at the Rebirth of Genius: Renaissance Italy, AD 1400-1550 (What Life Was Like)
  • What Life Was Like in Europe's Golden Age: Northern Europe, AD 1500-1675 (What Life Was Like)
What Life Was Like on the Banks of the Nile: Egypt, 3050-30 BC What Life Was Like in the Lands of the Prophet: Islamic World, AD 570-1405 (What Life Was Like) Sumer: Miasta Edenu (Zaginione cywilizacje) What Life Was Like When Rome Ruled the World: The Roman Empire, 100 BC - AD 200 (What Life Was Like) What Life Was Like Amid Splendor and Intrigue: Byzantine Empire, AD 330-1453