Start by marking “Johnny Angel” as Want to Read:

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,386 Ratings  ·  263 Reviews
In her fifty-eighth bestselling novel, Danielle Steel tells the breathtaking story of a mother’s love and a son’s gift, of the tragedy that nearly destroyed a family...and the miracle that saved them.

Johnny Angel

With a word or a smile, seventeen-year-old Johnny Peterson could light up a room, fill his mother’s heart with pride, and inspire the best in those around him. A s
Hardcover, Large Print, 272 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Random House Large Print (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Angel

Andrea Guy
Mar 02, 2010 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Danielle Steel's Johnny Angel is a winner. This book should come with a box of tissues though, because to quote an old Bachrach and David song, "Anyone who had a heart" would not get through this book without shedding some tears. OK, without shedding a lot of tears.

This is the story of a teenager (Johnny) who's life is cut too short and how he comes back to help put his family and his girlfriend's family back together again, though only two people can see him, his mother and his younger brother.
Rena
Dec 05, 2007 Rena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
OH my GOD. Don't read it.
Sarah ~
Sep 02, 2012 Sarah ~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
تدور حول شاب في السنة النهائية يقتل بحادث سيارة ليلة التخرج .. ويزور طيفه عائلته وأحبائه ..
رواية تعدكم بالكثير من البكاء ... و تؤكد أن الأمل دائما موجود..... وأنه بالصبر وتعاضد أفراد الأسرة نتجاوز الصعاب ..

جميلة وحزينة ...

أحببتها كثيرا .
Sababa
Lexi
Oct 24, 2013 Lexi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who is most important to you? Has there ever been someone or something you cared about so much that you can barely breathe when you're with them? Time just seems to slip away and then before you know it everything has changed and all you ever cared about is gone.

In the book “Johnny Angel” by Danielle Steel, Johnny Peterson had the perfect life, the seventeen-year-old Johnny Peterson could light up a room, fill his mother’s heart with pride, and inspire the best in those around him. A star ath
Sandie
Oct 15, 2011 Sandie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heart-breaking
The first out of the two books that have ever made me literally cry while reading it...I don't know if it's that the subject matter hits home or the quality of the writing is just that good, but i remember reading this and, halfway through, lunging for a tissue. Such a sweet, sad, heartbreaking, yet beautiful story. I wish Danielle Steel would write another book like this.
Mona
Amazing ... this the best book I have read ever ...

life is so generous it always. Finds a way to make it up to us when we lose someone or something precious .. I think this is the message here .. and I like that Danielle chose the motherhood bond to deliver this message ..
you absolutely have to read this .. really it is great book :D

Sharyl
Jul 18, 2009 Sharyl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't want to hear a word about this, I'm reading it because I needed a lunchtime book and this was what I could find.
Chloe West
Jul 11, 2010 Chloe West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO good. It was so sad though. I was crying the entire time. But I read it in a day.
Robin
Oct 25, 2010 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: danielle-steel
Patricia
Feb 26, 2010 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is based on her real-life son's life. Having a chemical imbalance is a heart rending situation for any family. I think Steele tells us the bottom line truth. She is repetitive because the events in her son's life was repetitive.....that's how the sickness goes.....and these people with these kinds of difficulties need to be understood....thus her repetitive trying to help us "see" the situation.

I admire her for being open and telling THIS STORY.
Rinesa
Feb 21, 2016 Rinesa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i read this book just for two days because i couldnt leave it it was really awesome ..It was a book that made me cry so many times.Even tho it was a book with imagination it was perfect . I really think everyone should read this because it is really an awesome book.And it kinds of tells that how nowadays men can even put in danger their children's life .
Kim
Feb 03, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Danielle. You make my eyes bleed. With your shallow writing style, repetition, and all those sentences that start with 'And'. It was all I could do to make myself finish the book. I gave it 2 stars instead of one because the story line could actually have been a good one....if someone else would have written the story.
Barb
May 08, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
absolutely one of my all time favourites, I just adore adore adore this book read it over and over they never made a movie of this one which suprises me... I adore it did I mention :-) A mothers love transcends this mortal world read it and find out... truely beautiful
Jackie Morrison
Jan 29, 2011 Jackie Morrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Dont Read Many Books Like This ... Im More Of A Paranormal Or Murder Mystery ... This Book Was Absolutley Amazing I Caught Myself Crying More Than Once If You Get The Chance To Read This Book ... I Think You Will Agree That It Is Amazing !
Luna
May 26, 2015 Luna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read this book for a school project and i really liked it! we had to choose wich book to read and i found it on my mum's bookshef so i read it! and i actiually enjoyed it! its so moving! i cried while reading it
Jamie Yates
Jul 15, 2012 Jamie Yates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When my best friend Jeffery was killed in a car wreck when he was 16, it was one of the hardest times of my life. This book helped me to get through that terrible time in my life and remember to smile.
Laurie Pugliese Foley
awesome as all her books are, and so real, you feel like your part of the story. don't know why I do this to myself, everytime I read one of these books I end up ballin my eyes out !!!
Cristyn Cafazzo
Feb 06, 2011 Cristyn Cafazzo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was soooo good that i cried all the way thru it and i could not put it down..i would def recommend you read this book if you are looking for a page turner tear jerker..
Cynthia Bell
Very quick, very fulfilling, "feel good" book..Bought it for my niece but by chance, I started reading & couldn't put the book down. I would recommend it to women of all ages.
Jen Selinsky
May 11, 2014 Jen Selinsky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Johnny Peterson was the perfect son and boyfriend. He was smart, handsome, athletic, and well-behaved. All of that was taken away right after a horrific car crash that took place on the night of his senior prom, causing him to die at seventeen. After hearing about his untimely death, his parents, his younger siblings, and his girlfriend, Becky, are completely devastated. When Alice, Johnny’s grieving mother, was taken to the hospital, she finds that her whole world is going to change. Johnny app ...more
Rflutist
Apr 11, 2014 Rflutist rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I squeezed this book into two sittings. I began it at home after a bad day at work, and I finished it on the train the following day. Several of Danielle Steel's more recent books have ranked among my favorites but the simplicity of this book tapped into genius. For everyone who has loved and lost someone most dear, and - that is all of us - the book will remind you of who you have loved and lost, together with all you wish you could say. In real life, we don't get such a "do-over," but this boo ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
1 STARS

"Johnny Peterson could light up a room with a word or a smile. He had a future filled with promise--until he stepped into a car on prom night and, in an instant, it was all taken away. In the months that followed, Johnny's family and his high school sweetheart, Becky, struggle to put together the pieces of their shattered lives. No one is more devastated than Johnny's mother, Alice, but amid the heartache, something miraculous is about to happen. When a sudden illness sends Alice to hospi
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
This was a very easy book which didn't require any concentration, though unfortunately, also didn't contain much depth. I expected this to be a light read and the story line looked like something that I'd be interested in. I didn't have much expectations of this book and it wasn't something that struck me as being particularly good. It was an easy read, but definitely nothing spectacular.
Darling-ellaine Urieta
A very inspiring truth about a mom and a son. :) God has His own way of making people learn. And never doubt His will. Family is the most important thing in this world. No money can replace the joy that each member brings. Losing someone is very painful, but what important is realizing how to cherish each moment with them while their still here. :D
X-tina Campos
Feb 23, 2010 X-tina Campos is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is very interesting and touching. so far I am on chapter 5 and its about a family who lost thier son and is just falling apart. but the son returns as a 'ghost' (i prefer to say lost soul but ok) and has to tie some loose ends. The only person who can see him though is his mother.
Kasey
Jan 12, 2009 Kasey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I agree with another reviewer that Ms. Steel's work is not what is once was. There are notable errors and quite a bit of repetition. However, she still knows how to spin a good tale, and Johnny Angel makes an entertaining light read. I would recomend a book by Debbie Macomber instead.
D
Feb 26, 2014 D rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A "perfect" 17-year-old dies in a car crash then comes back to help his family and loved ones deal with his death and cope with other challenges. I didn't find this book compelling or even very interesting. The word boring comes to mind when I think of this book. It took me longer than it should have to read, because reading it was often such a chore. The characters are flat, the plot predictable and lack-luster and dialogue banal. I gave the book got two stars because to me the idea of a "dead" ...more
David Richardson
This is the first Steele book I have read and I was not too impressed. I'm gonna try again. Don't read thesummary on the cover or you will figure it out real quick. Just a little bit too predictable except for the last page. A short book that is a real quick read.
Ellie
May 13, 2012 Ellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story, helped me cope with my own grief a little bit. If i wasn't so numb i would have cried when he helped each family member. but this story isnt about the character or the plot, it is about relationships in general.
Danielle Steel Bo...: Johnny Angel 1 2 Nov 20, 2012 08:54PM
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • The Power of the Legendary Greek
  • Whitehorse
  • Love at First Sight
  • Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs
  • The Secret Spanish Love Child (Modern Romance)
  • What You Wish For
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • পারাপার (হিমু, #4)
  • Danielle Steel
  • Emerald Germs of Ireland
  • Summer's Child & Summer of Roses
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Psychic Detective Yakumo Vol. 6 (Suzuka Oda)
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...