Start by marking “The Cottage” as Want to Read:

Read by David Garrison
4 cassettes, 6 hours abridged
5 CDs, 6 hours abridged
8 cassettes, 12 hours unabridged

In her fifty-fourth bestselling novel, Danielle Steel weaves a compelling story of fame and friendship, charmed lives and private struggles...and of three very different men whose lives converge and collide at The Cottage.

On a sunny day in Hollywood, a gleaming Rolls-R
Audio Cassette, Abridged
Published February 26th 2002 by Random House Audio (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cottage

Jenny Laengle
Feb 28, 2015 Jenny Laengle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable, boring, keeps repeating herself over and over and over again, no surprises.
Incestuous
Deb Rankin-moore
Jan 12, 2016 Deb Rankin-moore rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Danielle Steel is worth $385 million. Good for her, I guess. She made this money writing toss aside novels, in my estimation.

My mom and sister devoured her books. I may have read my first and last. Her characters are out of my league, and so narcissistic and shallow, I can't foresee myself torturing myself with this drivel.

This is her 54th novel. Perhaps that is why she repeated words within the same paragraph. She repeated sentences - word for word - through the the book. Heck, she repeated ful
Victoria
Kind of silly
Michelle Robinson
Wow, this book was overwraught and impossible to believe. I understand that it is a work of fiction but this stretches credibility a bit too far. There is a happy ending but this is a bit too much. It strains even the most forgiving reader's ability to accept. For me it is just too too much a of a fairytale. You will find yourself asking really????? Too convenient too contrived for one to enjoy the ending or the read.
Sarah Waters
Was initially too embarrassed to publish that I have read this book on here then I though why not....everyone needs to read a predictable, trashy story occasionally. This book fits that description to a t.
Suzanne
Jul 04, 2014 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this a long time ago but do remember really enjoying it. Easy reading, but satisfying.
Mitsu Vaishnav
Mar 19, 2012 Mitsu Vaishnav rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Cottage !!!

Against a glittering backdrop of celebrity and glamour, DANIELLE STEEL digs deeper to tell a story of friendship and love, tragedy and second chances…of the choices and unexpected turns of fate that can shape characters and lives.

Danielle Steel has always been one of my favorite writers. The way she presents various relationships with a stroke of a pen is simply mind-boggling. I myself have lost count of the number of novels I have read which have been written by her. But all of t
May Hui
Feb 21, 2016 May Hui rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge Danielle Steel fan but clearly it's like she's writing this book like she is drunk. Repeating the same thing over and over again. I don't even like it when my friends repeat stuff, let along reading the same thing. Disappointed in this book. Maybe her editors are failing her. Shouldn't someone say something to her? Her earlier books might be better because she cared more? I hate when authors do this, care less because they are now just a money making machine.
Phil Williams
I read this book because my niece is a fan of Danielle Steel. I had expected that after writing ten thousand books, or however many she has written, that the words would flow over the pages as smoothly as a fine scented oil.
They don't.
The writing is as hard to wade through as a swimming pool filled with Jell-O. The characters are stiff and barely there. We know who they are, but not really what they feel, only the surface emotions. The point of view changes from one character to another, from pa
Carol
Jun 30, 2015 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK story but pretty predictable. But a good beach read fast and not deep. But there was a good moral - when you are honest, especially with yourself, things work out much better.
Dpic
May 18, 2014 Dpic rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Entertaining fluff. A bit 'rich'.
Mandy
Mar 09, 2014 Mandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical ds.
Kristen
Aug 23, 2014 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
In the Cottage, Danielle Steel told us another heart-warming romance about newfound friendship and second changes in the most unlikely places. Cooper Winslow, Hollywood's ageless wonder and rising star parked his car in front of home in Los Angeles, that was designed and modeled from one of Newport, Rhode Island's "cottages." As new acting roles head his way, he had to face a heart-breaking decision on his home he loved for 40 years: sell it or rent part of his home. That's when he met two new r ...more
Julie Barrett
Aug 22, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Cottage by Danielle Steel
Coop Winslow a film star is broke.
The cottage, BelAir, CA sits on 14 acres-like the ones in Newport, RI-they are mansions.
He takes in boarders to make ends meet. The book also follows Mark who all of a sudden is getting a divorce. His wife Janet who had been traveling to and from NY fell in love with her mothers doctor.
Margaret and Jimmy are social workers and he sets up children to go to foster homes, sometimes taking them in temporarily. She had died.
Abe, Coop's
Cindy
Mar 31, 2014 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It started out ok. Kind of wondered where it was going with getting into such hardships for Mark and Jimmy. Then there was Coop. I did not like him through most of the book. Not until he discussed his and Alex's relationship with her and he proved that he did have a heart and a conscience. Yea for Coop, finally. I really thought that this was going to be the only Steele book I have read that I wished I hadn't. But Coop pulled it out toward the end for me.
Diane Wachter
HB-B @ 2002, 5/02. One father devastated by the abandonment of his wife, another man devastated by the death of his wife, move into a movie star's "cottage" and begin life again. Okay...but same formula again.
sue dyson
Aug 15, 2015 sue dyson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

I enjoyed this book until the last few chapters. They seemed somewhat rushed and not believable. No one ends an intense relationship so quickly and then marries someone he just met.
Marnie
Mar 26, 2015 Marnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, drama
Nice to read a drama/romance novel that is about the guy and his woes for a change. Of course, with Danielle Steele books, the main character always comes out a winner in the end. Good book.
Hobby
Actual rate : 3.5 of 5

more about this book, just check my complete review at here :
( http://lemarihobbybuku.blogspot.co.id... )
Susan
Jun 18, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and the way the characters lives intertwine and how they each develop. It is relatively clean as well. Talk about it a bit but not details.
Char
Aug 24, 2014 Char rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: danielle-steele
Coop is truly a teddy bear as you make your way thru The Cottage. This story of lives entertained and new friendships is a recommended book
Ashley Daviau
Aug 02, 2015 Ashley Daviau rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasant, easy reading! Enjoyed the mix of characters and watching them grow. Quite happy with how everything ended up working out!
Sharon D. Sutton
Jun 10, 2015 Sharon D. Sutton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful read!

She did it again. This one caught me with teary eyes at one point.
Another tale of the rich and famous.
Rachel
Apr 18, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of Danielle Steel finest work. This story will make you cry and keep you on the edge. A must read!!!!!
Anna
Jun 15, 2016 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a nice pastime read. I was not impressed in the beginning. It's not a typical love novel. However, it kind of grew on me as the story progressed.
kimberly taylor
May 03, 2016 kimberly taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book starts out good. It also defines that you can teach an old dog new tricks. And has a great ending that all things happen just like they are supposed to
Jan
A light, quick read about an aging movie star and the two men to whom he leases part of his estate.
S Miller
Used - Good (Some spine creases; Light signs of use)
Carol Hassett
men cry a lot, everyone is rich and beautiful, typical DS
Sandra Trostle
Ok - bought at a flea market for $1. Glad I didn't pay more!
Danielle Steel Bo...: The Cottage 1 4 Nov 20, 2012 08:53PM
  • Teaching the Pig to Dance: A Memoir of Growing Up and Second Chances
  • Where Have All the Bullets Gone?  (War Memoirs, #5)
  • Jeff Corwin: a Wild Life: The Authorized Biography
  • Tears of a Clown: Glenn Beck and the Tea Bagging of America
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • Chords of Strength: A Memoir of Soul, Song and the Power of Perseverance
  • Obama Zombies: How the Liberal Machine Brainwashed My Generation
  • Danielle Steel
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • The Sinatra Files: The Secret FBI Dossier
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Bearded Tit
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...

“her, and it seemed wiser not to see each” 0 likes