Start by marking “Afterimage (Richard Chrisite, #3)” as Want to Read:
Afterimage (Richard Chrisite, #3)

Afterimage (Richard Christie Mystery #3)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  17 reviews
In the humid dog days of a Pittsburgh summer weekend, Richard Christie, Head of Homicide, faces not one, but two mysterious murders. The victims---a polite woman and an angelic child---do not seem to be connected in any obvious way. Christie is short-handed, the clues don’t stack up, and he’s got a rookie detective, Colleen Greer, to look out for. These are his problems.

Co...more
Published December 10th 2007 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Afterimage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Afterimage

Kathy
Commander Christie and newbie Colleen Greer solve an intertwined homicide, seemingly unrelated.
I love how George makes her characters so likable and good at what they do. I did not want to put this book down. Now I have to go back and read the first of these books. #2 and #3 were very, very good.
Kelly
OK. Held my interest, but not a page-turner.
Ed
The first I have read of a series of police procedural murder mysteries set in Pittsburgh and centered around a squad of detectives led by the imperturbable and occasionally brilliant head of homicide, Richard Christie.

Pittsburgh doesn't have many murders--or at least Kathleen George is successful in convincing the reader that there aren't many. It isn't exactly Detroit or Chicago or even the somewhat fictionalized Baltimore so that the squad can devote itself to one case at a time--or two poss...more
Paul
This is now my third book by Kathy George, and like the first two, it's very good.
As others say, she has great touch with character, teasing sympathy for the reader for even some of the most heinous criminals, letting you glimpse their brokenness and humanity. Primarily, though, her stories are about the cops, and what I especially love is the ordinariness of them; how they come of as ordinary people with ordinary concerns, dealing with extraordinary actions. They are constantly figuring out wh...more
Stacy Robinson
This book was very good. The author puts the most unlikely suspect into the main plot of the story. A detective, a new rookie is taken under the wing of the commander. They are trying to solve two murders which are undoubtedly done by the same person and are related. The son of the chief of police is shocked by the death of his former wife. He is then shocked by the death of one of his young patients at the Family Counseling Center where he is a psychiatric.
The book is well written and very wel...more
Susan Elizabeth
Chapter Twelve has really captured my interest. I've almost forgotten that there is a dead wife because I'm so intrigued by the cop's social interaction with the possible-suspect husband.

Then I remember the other murder. The little girl. The story I was so caught up in yesterday. Yes, this is the same book, I have to remind myself. Yes, these two compelling stories will come together. So far, a wonderful balance between the two mysteries.
Annette Dashofy
If you know Pittsburgh, you will recognize every location. If you have never been to Pittsburgh, you will feel like you have after reading this book. Interesting characters, chilling situations, even in the heat of summer.
Victoria
I enjoy the characters, and especially love the incorporation of Pittsburgh into the story line. If you have lived in Pittsburgh, or wish you did, you too will enjoy the travels the detectives take through our city.
Rachelle Urist
Gripping. By the midway point, I could hardly put the book down. It's a mystery, and from a literary point of view, it ain't much. But as a detective story, with engaging characters galore, it's well worth a read.
Kristy
Kathleen George is very good. I liked this one a lot. Her characters are very true to life and the story-line was not way over-the-top. Looking forward to her Edgar-nominated THE ODDS.
Juanita
My library recommended this book for those who like Louis Penny's character driven mysteries. This was a good read but not as good as Penny's books.
Susan Katz
Yes, I definitely like Kathleen George. Her books are sensitively written, and her characters complex and convincing.
Janet
The third in a series regarding Pittsburgh Detective Richard Christie. Another good mystery and nice read.
Cranberry Public
Good suspense murder investigation story that takes place in Pittsburgh. A great page turner!!!
Renee
Figured it out too early . . . but well written with engaging characters .
This is the second book I have read by her, and I liked both a lot.
Eleni
Jul 20, 2009 Eleni added it
so far this book is really good and very suspenseful.
Cyndi Lesueur
Cyndi Lesueur marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Amy Ronayne
Amy Ronayne marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Sep 12, 2014
Diana L. Repack
Diana L. Repack marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kathleen Elizabeth George (born July 7, 1943) is an American professor and writer best known for her series of crime novels set in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

She was born in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and educated at the University of Pittsburgh: B.A. (summa cum laude), 1964, M.A. (theatre), 1966, Ph.D. (theatre), 1975, M.F.A. (creative writing), 1988. She teaches theatre arts at the University of Pitt...more
More about Kathleen George...
The Odds (Richard Christie, #4) Taken Pittsburgh Noir The Johnstown Girls Simple (Richard Christie, #6)