Start by marking “L'Oeil du Loup” as Want to Read:
L'Oeil du Loup

L'Oeil du Loup

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  784 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Reminiscent of THE LITTLE PRINCE, Daniel Pennac’s fable of a boy and a wolf who dare to meet each other’s gaze unfolds with humor, poignancy, and philosophical resonance.

They were born worlds apart, the wolf from the Far North and the boy from Yellow Africa. Now all that separates them is a cage at the zoo. The wolf has lost much on his journey, including an eye and his be
Mass Market Paperback
Published April 1st 2002 by Presse Pocket (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about L'Oeil du Loup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'Oeil du Loup

Becky
Eye of the Wolf is a short but beautiful story told from two perspectives. Blue Wolf has a sad tale to tell of how he came to be held in captivity in the zoo. The boy - whose name I shall not reveal because it is a part of his story - tells a remarkable tale of survival, hope and friendship. Both stories intertwine beautifully.

The wolf's narrative is incredibly descriptive and expertly communiates the world through an animal's perspective. Blue Wolf's memories of his family are endearing and ge
Aline
Bon, je vais tenter d'écrire quelque chose, malgré le fait que je n'ai plus touché au livre depuis au oins 10 ans.
Comme je ne me rappelle plus de l'histoire, à vrai dire j'ai oublié , je vais vous donné mes sentiments, qui est très personnel, et en même temps qui est mon sentiment lorsque j'ai lu ce livre, donc étant très jeune.

La première ois que j'ai eu ce livre entre mes mains, c'est durant l'année scolaire. J'ai lu ce livre dans le cadre d'une étude en littérature parmis beaucoup d'autres l
Linciel
It's the first book I fell in love with.
I was reading it at home, walking in the street and in the school playground.

The head teacher grabed be by my coat and ask me to not read and walk in the same time.
I almost cried.
Lyzz528
Feb 07, 2015 Lyzz528 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids who like reading, people who like stories of friendship and books featuring animals.
I love, love, love this book. And I am probably biased about it, because I read it as a child, but it was so wonderful... This is pretty much the reason why I began to like wolves. It is a touching story of friendship, and it made me happy and sad and I remember feeling like this book was talking to me, that it was explaining things to me. Most importantly, it realises kids are intelligent people.
I read it in French, so I can't comment on the translation.
If you have a kid who likes to read even
Thuỳ Vân
Fell in love with this story.
Caroline
I don't usually review books in this age range, but I still like how those writers describe very profound issues with the simplest words. I am sure you've already had a conversation with a child about important issues and have been wondering how that freckled kid could understand some things way better than you do and don't understand why you have to be so complicated about everything ?
Sometimes, you just learn listening to those kids and their vision of the world (and other times, after watchin
Clémence Beaucour
J'ai choisi ce livre pour plusieurs raisons:

l'auteur (Daniel Pennac, connu pour la litterature de jeunesse)
le roman (je le connaissais "de nom" seulement...)
Cabot-Caboche (un autre livre de cet auteur, que j'ai lu quand j'étais à l'école primaire)
le sujet amené par le titre: l'oeil du loup ==> cela parle d'animaux et j'adore les animaux...

A quoi ce livre m'a t'il fait penser au titre? à Jack London "l'appel de la forêt" et "le cercle des loups" de Nicholas Evans (http://www.amazon.fr/cercle-l
Corinna
il nipote dei miei vicini s'inventerebbe di tutto pur di non leggersi un libriccino di un centinaio di pagine.. Adesso ha scoperto una specie di scappatoia con gli audiolibri!! Io almeno non devo più dannarmi l'anima e legarlo ad una sedia con un libro in mano XD

Pennac è uno di quegli autori che ho sempre voluto affrontare e questa storia mi ha dato un motivo in più.. Anche se è un libro per ragazzi, l'ho apprezzato davvero tanto.
Una bella storia, anzi due belle storie quelle del lupo e del Gra
Mirrordance
Un bel libro per ragazzi, adatto anche per i più piccoli. Una bella storia, non banale che lascia qualcosa. Un lupo ed un ragazzo si trovano faccia a faccia dai due lati di una gabbia in uno zoo. Si fissano negli occhi giorno dopo giorno fino a che ciascuno osserva nell'unico occhio aperto dell'altro la sua storia. Bellissima la narrazione di Claudio Bisio. Le sue letture sono sempre gradevolissime.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Author Daniel Pennac takes us into the thoughts of an orphan boy, a wolf, a camel, a gorilla, a cheetah, and a hyena in a story that somehow brings them all together in a way that shows how all creatures are ultimately the same. A beautiful story and a novel story. A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.
Gabs
Loved it as a kid. Read it several times, actually. I didn't even think of it as being a kid's book. I have little memory of the story, mainly from the kid's side, but I remember the book talking about some profound issues. Really good, considering re-reading it sometime.
Morganatique
Je l'avais lu quand j'étais toute petite, mais il fallait que je le relise avec mes yeux d'adultes et c'était encore mieux.
Une jolie leçon de vie pour les enfants, sur notre passé, la relation homme/nature. Il faut le lire!!!
Cassie
Africa is a young storyteller. His presence encourages others (often animals) to communicate their stories as well. A gentle fable perfect for a rainy afternoon or to accompany the setting sun.
Lisa
Brilliant book, so heart-warming, with a beautiful ending, a little ambiguous I think, i'm not sure, I will ponder on this book for some time, but I honestly loved it, and it's a story that will stay with you forever :)
Hau Le
Rarely could you find a book that keeps your eyes for an hour straight. This book is one of the fews. Very good story-telling, that's all it needs
Pear
Ceci est le premier livre que j'ai lû et qui a profondément marqué mon âme, l'histoire est simple, mais absolument captivante. magnifique.
Thy Ngân
đứa trẻ nào cũng được ba mẹ tối tối kể cho những câu chuyện như thế này trước khi đi ngủ, thì thế giới chắc sẽ đẹp dữ dằn.
Luca Mollo
Letto da bambino alle elementari, me ne ero innamorato. Davvero bello e consigliato per tutti i bambini!
Marieb
FR: Un bon livre d'aventure pour enfant. Une amitié improbable qui change des vie.
Sylvia Snow
La mia professoressa delle medie mi aveva obbligato a leggere questo libro e, ora, circa sette anni dopo, mi sono decisa a leggerlo. Meglio tardi che mai, lol.
Per quanto questo libro sia consigliato a un pubblico "giovane" devo dire che verso la fine mi sono pure commossa. 4,5 stelle.
Doha Ollaik
Très belle histoire de mon enfance!
Je l'ai trouvée par hasard depuis quelque jours
Baldurian
Pennac nel racconto, se possibile, rende ancor più che nel romanzo. Cosa non scontata e assolutamente apprezzabile. In fondo una fiaba permette di comunicare con il lettore ad un livello più primitivo, senza che scattino quei costrutti mentali tipici della lettura impegnata; in poche pagine all'apparenza semplici non si ha la possibilità di truffare il lettore, di abbagliarlo con lustrini e distogliere l'attenzione dal cuore del libro. In sintesi una breve storia dolceamara che vale più di molti ...more
Samantha
Really, really liked this book.

French are so deep. It's quite similar to The Little Prince.
Fiona O'connell
Gentle book which follows the lives of both the wolf and a young boy who comes to the Zoo to watch him. Great storytelling.
Temperamente
Sono gli occhi a parlare in questo romanzo: occhi che, in silenzio, raccontano storie.

Lupo Azzurro, imprigionato in uno zoo, guarda il mondo con un occhio solo. Si dice che abbia perso l’altro il giorno della sua cattura, ma in realtà ha deciso che non vale più la pena aprirlo.

Continua a leggere: http://www.temperamente.it/ragazzi/l%...
Alan
Sto leggendo in italiano, tradotto di Donatella Ziliotti (Salani, 1993). Mia Milanese nipote ha preso in vacanze qua (USA), ma l'ho rubato per tre giorni. Bella istoria della famiglia lupina (?) e familglia adottiva di bambino chiamato "Africa," beduino. Il finale è più simile a un libro per bambini, che naturalmente è.
Arcadia
read the last half without constant dictionary-usage. cute book.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This story by a noted French author, about how an Alaskan wolf and an African boy came to meet in a zoo, was interesting in its depiction of the life of an Alaskan wolf. However, I didn't get the ending. An odd book.
Lily Wonderlands
Relecture de cette histoire pleine de tendresse qui nous fait voyager entre l'Alaska et l'Afrique. Daniel Pennac parvient facilement à rassembler petits et grands dans cette histoire somme toute universelle !
  • A Hundred Million Francs (Le Cycle de Louvigny, #1)
  • How the Whale Became and Other Stories
  • Minnow on the Say
  • Oh, boy !
  • The Naming of Tishkin Silk
  • Brendon Chase
  • The Swish of the Curtain
  • Mein Urgroßvater und ich (SZ Junge Bibliothek, #7)
  • The Cat: Or, How I Lost Eternity
  • Vuk
  • Marcelino Pan Y Vino
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green
  • A Kid for Two Farthings
  • Keväällä isä sai siivet (Austraasia, #1)
  • Conrad: The Factory-Made Boy
  • Children on the Oregon Trail
  • The Ship That Flew
  • La regina dei caraibi
Daniel Pennac (real name Daniel Pennacchioni) is a French writer. He received the Prix Renaudot in 2007 for his essay Chagrin d'école.

After studying in Nice he became a teacher. He began to write for children and then wrote his book series "La Saga Malaussène", that tells the story of Benjamin Malaussène, a scapegoat, and his family in Belleville, Paris.

His writing style can be humorous and imagin
More about Daniel Pennac...
Au bonheur des ogres La fata carabina (Malaussène, #2) La Petite Marchande de prose (Malaussène, #3) Comme un roman Monsieur Malaussene (Malaussène, #4)

“И тогда мальчик делает странную вещь. Которая успокаивает волка, внушает ему доверие. Мальчик закрывает один глаз.
И вот они смотрят друг на друга, глаз в глаз, в безлюдном и притихшем зоопарке, и все время, какое есть, принадлежит им.”
1 likes