Start by marking “Bride & Groom (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #16)” as Want to Read:
Bride & Groom (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #16)

Bride & Groom (A Dog Lover's Mystery #16)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The future looks promising for Holly Winter. Her regular column in Dog's Life magazine is going strong. Her successful new dog-treat cookbook - 101 Ways to Cook Liver - has canine-lovers (and her own Alaskan malamutes) panting in anticipation. And she's about to marry Steve Delaney, her handsome veterinarian (and a Best of Breed himself). More the pity that murder is spoil ...more
Published February 3rd 2004 by Berkley Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about Bride & Groom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride & Groom

(Mystery, dogs, romance 2004) Another on-going series. I really have to stop reading things out of order because there's always that feeling of not quite knowing what's going on, and a lot of plot space is used up going over past points. Holly and Steve, both very involved with dogs (she's an author of dog-related articles and now a book, he's a vet) are about to get married. Women with connections to the dog world are being murdered. Possible suspects abound, as do quirky characters. A pleasant ...more
Mar 28, 2008 Cindy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dog lovers and mystery lovers - a cozy
Shelves: mysteries, series
I just read this one today and I enjoyed it. The mystery element sort of takes back seat as Holly plans out her long awaited wedding to Steve. The dogs were fun in this book without taking over (yes, I know they are a major part of this series, but I think that's overdone sometimes). I wasn't really taken completely by surprise by the identity of the murderer, but I enjoyed the book anyway.
I found this one kind of wishy-washy...

I was pleased when a friend informed me of Conant's dog/detective series. Growing up with a grandmother who devoured every "The Cat Who..." story, which never interested me, I have long wanted dog-themed books of same.

The author does not disappoint. The books are witty, informational, and quick-reads, without being too predictable.
Kae Cheatham
A Mystery? I didn't think so. More it was an overwritten, trying-to-be-funny story that focused more on dogs than the mystery. I skipped paragraphs and pages, and didn't lose a thing, except the paragraphs that went on forever and were poorly written.
Another in the fun, light hearted dog mystery series featuring Holly Winter and her dymanic dog duo. These books are total fluff, but for a fun read to take your mind of stress, I recommend this series. Simple. Fun. Cozy mystery. Need I say more?
Brenda (b)
I thought the blurb was a tad misleading. I enjoyed the story and was glad to read about Holly, Steve and their canine companions again. The theme of marriage and fidelity runs strongly throughout the story.
A sleuth who loves dogs is perfect for me. The mystery was somewhat unpredictable and the descriptions of the heroine's life with her dogs were very enjoyable and familiar.
Amusing; one of a series about dog writer Holly Winter: this time she's getting married to long-time beau Steve Delaney, a marriage that combines their menageries.
Jackie Harrison-jewell
Another solid book by one of my favorite mystery writers. Her character development is nicely paced and the mysteries continue to be fresh.
This was a cute book...I liked the characters and the mystery was logical with clues. Well written, easy read!
Susan Tietjen
Loved it. Quirky and silly and good laugh, but also a good mystery and great to see Holly and her beau together.
It has been a while since I read a Susan Conant dog mystery. I forgot what a wonder sense of humor she has!
Robin Bucaria
Light mystery about someone who keeps murdering women associated with dogs and dog lovers.
So excited for the wedding. It was fun, but the alter story was sad. An intriguing ending.
Meh. Not very dramatic in terms of suspense it was pretty predictable.
Nothing earth-shattering, but a solid, entertaining cozy.
Jodielynn marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Pam Luteran-Isbell
Pam Luteran-Isbell marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Lora Jones
Lora Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Amy ~Lover of Books~
Amy ~Lover of Books~ marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Barbara Davis
Barbara Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Marloes marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Julie added it
Jun 26, 2015
  • Putting On The Dog (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #2)
  • Jingle Bell Bark (Melanie Travis, #11)
  • Rottweiler Rescue (Diane Brennan Mystery #1)
  • A Hell of a Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #3)
  • The More the Terrier (Pet Rescue Mystery #2)
  • Death in Bloodhound Red (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #1)
  • Smoky Mountain Tracks (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #1)
  • Drool Baby (Dog Park Mystery, #2)
  • Catnapped (An Animal Instinct Mystery #1)

Mother of author Jessica Park aka Jessica Conant-Park

The photo is of Jessica Conant-Park and Susan Conant, daughter and mother.
More about Susan Conant...

A Dog Lover's Mystery (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • A New Leash on Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Dead and Doggone (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • A Bite of Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Paws Before Dying (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • Bloodlines (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #5)
  • Gone to the Dogs (A Dog Lover's Mystery #6)
  • Ruffly Speaking (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #7)
  • Black Ribbon (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #8)
  • Stud Rites
  • Animal Appetite (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #10)
A New Leash on Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #1) Dead and Doggone (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #2) A Bite of Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #3) Gone to the Dogs (A Dog Lover's Mystery #6) Bloodlines (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #5)