Start by marking “The Jingle Bell Bum” as Want to Read:
The Jingle Bell Bum

The Jingle Bell Bum

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Joseph was a shabby imitation of Santa Clause with his Salvation Army kettle in front of a K-mart, but what no one could have guessed was that Joseph was a miracle waiting to happen. This inspiring Christmas story tells the true tale of how a group of teenage carolers changed the life of a down-and-out bum. A moving and unforgettable read!
Published October 9th 2012 by Cedar Fort

To ask other readers questions about The Jingle Bell Bum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jingle Bell Bum

Lucy McConnell
Okay, this one struck a cord with me. I have a soft spot for those who stand on street corners with cardboard signs. I know their lives are a lot tougher than mine. It doesn't matter to me if the reason they are alone and homeless is because of choices they made, or because of an illness they suffer through, or because they served our country and were damaged physically and/or psychologically by the things they experienced, or just because. I look at them and see a child of God who is hurting an ...more
Sara Fitzgerald
The Jingle Bell Bum is a story of a woman caught up in her own version of the Christmas holiday. The youth in her church are asked to sell chocolate to fund their camping trip. She too must sell candy. Next to their table is a man working for the Salvation Army, ringing his bell. Through many cold nights, something magical happens to them and the man. No one will ever be the same.
The Jingle Bell Bum is an insightful story with great details. It is a great story to read with the youth of the chur
My heart needed this story today...for I too have been caught up in the marathon we call "getting ready for Christmas."

What a sweet story of a woman who puts aside her own list of "to-do things" to help her teenagers in their fund-raiser...
She is uplifted in their excitement and holiday carol singing.
But the one present she wasn't prepared for was in the form of the Salvation Army bell ringer.
Over the course of the next few days hearts are warmed, food is shared, thoughts are given and all are
An inspiring story, perfect not just for the holiday season, but for all seasons. At only fifteen pages, this book may be small, but a lot of love is packed into those fifteen pages. This book truly showcases the spirit of Christmas and how one act of kindness can lead to much more.

I received a copy of this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
A very quick, sweet, and true Christmas story. A youth group befriends a down and out Salvation Army bell ringer. Their paths crossed as the teenagers sold candy for a few weeks at Christmas time in front of a K-Mart as part of a fund-raiser. A very feel good story. Loved it!
A short but good book.
Deborah Shaw
Deborah Shaw marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Jen marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Clara marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Sanchi marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Michelle Fosnaugh
Michelle Fosnaugh marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Terri Hannah
Terri Hannah marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Janele marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Nada marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Heather marked it as to-read
  • An Unexpected Angel
  • The Gift
  • Make Your Own Luck
  • Saving Savanna
  • The Romance of the Unicorn
  • Vitalis
  • An Unattended Death
  • Welcome to Adelheid (Adelheid #1-3)
  • The Story of Christmas
  • The Ups and Downs of Being Dead
  • Cranberry Christmas
  • Grace Works
  • Christmas Cookies 'Round the World
  • Christmas Alphabet
  • The Sinners
  • The Carpenter's Gift: A Christmas Tale about the Rockefeller Center Tree
  • Reason and Romance (Austen Series, #2)
  • The Christmas Train: A True Story