Start by marking “No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)” as Want to Read:
No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)

No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  41,538 Ratings  ·  1,248 Reviews
In this next installment in the Immortals After Dark Series, USA Today Bestselling author Kresley Cole delivers a scorching tale about a forbidding vampire who lives in the shadows and the beautiful assassin who hunts him there.

A vampire soldier weary of life...

Centuries ago, Sebastian Wroth was turned into a vampire—a nightmare in his mind—against his will. Burdened with
Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published October 31st 2006 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about No Rest for the Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Rest for the Wicked

Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostLover Unbound by J.R. Ward
The Best Adult Vampire Romance Books
36th out of 1,061 books — 3,253 voters
Lover Awakened by J.R. WardBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesLover Eternal by J.R. Ward
So you love a Bad Boy or Tortured Hero
44th out of 2,485 books — 4,438 voters

More lists with this book...

Candace
Now that I've picked this series up again, I can't put it down! I'm loving this supernatural world that Kresley Cole created. Slowly but surely, I'm figuring out these mystical beings and beginning to connect the dots between their stories. The audiobook narration continues to be fantastic as well.

Like the second book in the series, 'No Rest For The Wicked' centers on the forbidden romance between a Valkyrie and a vampire. This time around, it is Kaderin the cold-hearted and Sebastian that end u
Kat Kennedy
I have a scientific curiosity about romance readers. I want to probe them like rats in a cage.

probe
Don't worry, I'll be gentle... if you want me to.

What do they like about these novels? What characteristics appeal to them? What is the common denominator in a successful romance novel? Can I boil it down and make a formula.

Quality of foreplay X chemistry / sexual tension over time (grading scale being >50 for way too early, =80 for perfection and around 100 for aggravating over-tension, otherwise kn
Blacky *Romance Addict*

This book has the most realistic insta-love in a PNR that I've ever read!

Seriously, I am surprised how the author did it and it made me bump it up a star. I just couldn't believe it!

I know comparing books isn't the thing, especially in reviews but I just have to explain why this shocked me so :D
I'm currently reading another paranormal series that has to do with vampires, and I just couldn't NOT compare these two, especially because this one has a vampire as male lead too.

Anyway, you know how it
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Spoilers

So Good..... All I can say about this series so far is WOW!!!!!!!!! I am so loving this series.

Kaderin the Cold Hearted is a Kickass Warrior Valkyrie who hates vampires because she had mercy on a vampire and he turned around and killer her two sisters. Her guilt and pain was so much that a goddess took away all of her emotions leaving her feeling nothing until she meets Sebastian Wroth ...

photo katja4_zps9397b08c.jpg

Sebastian was a Warrior like his other 3 brothers. He was turned into a vampire against his will by
Kristen
Huge 5 stars

I had a blast reading this story!I'm also sure it will come as no surprise to those who've followed my status updates that I freaking LOVED this book!

Right from the start, No Rest for the Wickedhad me captivated and giddy. I couldn't stop myself fromgiggling, laughing, clapping, and squealing with delight while I cheering the characters on in their quest to win the Talisman's Hie, the immortals' version of the TV show the Amazing Race. I also found myself eager for the love story to
Auntee
Sep 13, 2008 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any romance fan, but especially fans of J.R. Ward
Recommended to Auntee by: All my GR buddies--thank you!:)
What a fool I am! I've had this hot number sitting patiently in my TBR pile for months, just waiting for me to finally pick it up and read it! After reading the first two titles in the "Immortals After Dark" series, I was not in any real hurry to read further in the series. The first book was okay, and admittedly the second book was much better, but this one was just outstanding! I feel like I did when I finally got around to reading J.R. Ward's BDB. Now I can't wait to read more!

I'll admit I fe
Dina
I guess third time is the charm... At least, with the Immortals After Dark series. I wasn't impressed with The Warlord Wants Forever and A Hunger Like No Other, the first two entries in the series, but now I understand what all the fuss is about. To be honest, I wasn't "feeling the love" in the first half of this book, but things got much better in the second half.

Back in 1709, Sebastian Wroth was turned into a vampire by his brother Nikolai, the hero in The Warlord Wants Forever. That happened
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
2nd Read Completed Between 8/11-8/12/13

There is something about this series that feels like sinking into a comfortable, well-loved pair of shoes, or diving into your favorite comfort dish (think Mac N' Cheese). These books absorb me like few others. I was excited to reread it, and hopeful I would feel more connected and like Kaderin more this time around. It actually happened, so yay!

Before, I felt like she was just so mean to Sebastian and it bothered me. This time, I could put her into context
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Nov 13, 2015 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Anna (Bobs Her Hair)

Fetish Cafe will be back in future installments. In the meantime, you can can get acquainted with the series in Episode 1 and Episode 2

Talk about a fun series! I didn't have any fetish boxes checked this time, but it's okay. I loved the read in spite of it.

I don't even mind that there's about a billion types of immortals in these books like I usually would (kitchen sink writing generally bugs me because it muddies the rules of a world/universe). This might have something to do with each race ha
Sammy Loves Books
4 "Headboard Banging Stars"

Sebastian Wroth,
he had me at gray eyes *sighs*

sebastian

Sebastian was once a fierce warrior. But as he lay dying from wounds, his brother turned him into a Vampire against his will. Sebastian hates himself and his brother for turning him into this monster. He lives as a vampire, yet his heart doesn't beat, he doesn't need to breath, and his useless cock doesn't even get hard. Sebastian never ventures into the outside world. He merely exists, forcing blood, purchased from a but
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
re-read: April 2011

I have been rendered speechless. No Rest for the Wicked is so amazing, I don’t think any review I write can sum up its greatness. From the get-go, Cole sucks you right in! I couldn’t pace myself at all with this book. And although I tried to stop reading many times, I just couldn’t put the book down for more than twenty minutes.

First off, I just want to gush about how much I enjoyed the hero and heroine of this book. Sebastian Wroth was a human, who was unwilling turned into
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Apr 13, 2015 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carmel (Rabid Reads) by: Melanie
Shelves: audio, audio-2014
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

I’d originally intended to listen to one IMMORTALS AFTER DARK audiobook a month until I got caught-up on the series. Well, that plan flew the coop the moment Robert Petkoff began cooing in my ear. This installment was a step below its predecessor because other than Bowen, who was a secondary character, it came up short on werewolves, and was more story-centric than sextastic. At any rate, I found Kresley Cole’s version of the Amazing Race (Hie) to be quite ingenious; I t
Laura the Highland Hussy
Dec 13, 2010 Laura the Highland Hussy rated it it was amazing
Revised Review:
This is the third book in the series, and it follows A Hunger Like No Other very closely. The Talisman's Hie begins (sort of an immortal Amazing Race), and we see all of the scavenger hunt-like obstacles, we also see the set-up for the next book in the series Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night.
The Valkyrie Kaderin meets a vampire named Sebastian Wroth, brother of Nikolai Wroth from The Warlord Wants Forever. Sebastian recognizes in her his Bride...the one he is destined to be with
Bubu
Apr 08, 2016 Bubu rated it did not like it
Shelves: awful
There are not words enough to describe how much I disliked the heroine, Kaderin. At about 60% I considered going through the reviews I'd written and in which I had bashed the heroines to insert the following:

She's stupid, but not as stupid as Kaderin.
She's annoying, but not as annoying as Kaderin.
I disliked her, but not as much as Kaderin.
etc...

She redefined The Unlikable Heroine for me. To call her TSTL would still give her wriggle room for positive attributes but she won't get that from me. No
Kathleen
Imagination 5 stars
Heat Level 3.5 stars
Overall Rating 5 stars
Favorite Character, Sebastian

I have a feeling that I'll be repeating this in every review I write on this series. I have to say again, Kresley Cole has written yet another FANTASTIC story filled with some of the best Imagination I've read to date. The characters are spectacular and along with the story just suck you in. I really enjoyed the aspects of this story with The
Mel
Apr 19, 2010 Mel rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
If you like romance, sizzling moments and lots of humor, you're good with the Immortal After Dark series.
In this third installment we see what happens when reluctant vampire Sebastian Wroth discovers that Valkyrie vampire-assassin Kaderin the Cold Hearted is his fated Bride.

This story was exciting, fun and sexy.
Sebastian was a total sweetheart. Meeting Kaderin makes his miserable vampire existence finally meaningful and he goes out of his way to win her over. And she is one tough cookie...
Wha
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Ahhh Sebastian! *swoons* He is the perfect man. Old-time gentleman, shy, knows what he wants and fights for it, just... perfect! I wish I had my own Sebastian!

OK, so now that I got that out of the way... Kaderin is a valkyrie and she's been "cursed" with not being able to feel for a thousand years, since the death of her sisters, who were killed by a vampire. She is tough (as all valkyrie are), loves and lives for killing vampires and for the Hie (like the Amazing Race). That whole concept was n
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 "I Love A Gentleman" Stars

“The mind was capable of unimaginable feats if one were strong enough to believe
them possible.”

Kaderin has been "blessed" to feel nothing after the sorrow that crippled her when she unintentionally caused the death of her two sisters. She has become the perfect killing machine, unemotional, cold, precise. All this changes the moment she sets eyes on Sebastian Wroth, a vampire of all beings.

Sebastian Wroth is ready to die. He never wanted to become a vampire and the
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Now this is what I’m talkin’ about! Yes! Finally Kresley Cole decided to take this series one step further. After reading the previous two I was worried I’ll end up being blah towards this series, since I felt it was repetitive, but after this I think this will have a place among my favorites. The book had everything it needed: mind-blowing action, an amazing story, touching moments and hot love scenes. I’m really impressed.

Now, what I loved about the story was the dynamics of it. Yes, I prefer
Kathleen
Nov 22, 2013 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Entertaining and fairly engrossing. I liked Sebastian and Kaderin, aka Bastian and Katja. The alpha-beta scholar-warrior vampire meets his coldhearted vampire-killer bride, a buxom Valkyrie blond who has been "blessed" for a millennium to feel nothing at all. No fear, no joy, no lust or love. However, she kick-starts his heart, so we know there's something inside. They both carry a load of grief for the past, but much of that gets resolved in this book.

Setting and set-up: An epic 30-day race ar
DarienMoya
^^THE WICKED NEVER REST SO THEY HAVE ALL THE FUN!^^

No Rest For The Wicked is like an action movie to the face, it’s a series of booms, pows and mind numbing lust. Talk about a wicked read, Miss Cole writes without leaving anything to the imagination. This book begins with pure unaltered lust and hooks you like a fishing trip. So so so good!!! This is the second book in the immortals after dark series, a series that will blow your mind and make you lose your pants. Now that’s a series worth read
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review

Cover: Tells a story.
Rating NC-17 for the sexiness of it all.
Overall: It was good.
Characters: Good.
Plot: We learned a lot and saw potential storylines to come.
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? Yes.
Recommend Yes.
Book Boyfriend: Sebastian

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This series opened up for me in this installment. We got a lot more information and history to explain things and things yet to come. Although the “attraction” for lack of a better word is quick and intense, it’
Denisa
Yay!

I really like this series. And what surprised me most in this book is that the story doesn't turn cliche. After the first two books, I expected the plot to remain mostly the same, just the characters a bit changed. But it didn't!
Glad I tried this series!
Robin (Bridge Four)
The Amazing Race with Fae, Valkyrie, Witches, Sirens, Lykae and Vampires……Game On.

In a seething voice, he said, “Bride, you have a bit of shark on your chin.” She wiped it off with the back of her arm, her mien defiant. “You bit them?” “They bit me first! And I didn’t have much of a choice.”

How could you not enjoy this book in the series, there is the mystical equivalent of the Amazing Race, a Hot Hero bound by honor, a heroine on a noble quest to save her sisters and a Goddess that seems to
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Well, hello, new obsession.

Yes, yes, I can't believe how long it took me to get here but here I am ladies. After much bullying talking from friends, here I am, obsessed with yet another series *sigh* I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a review to write when my mind is CRAZY with wanting to start the next one right away, I can't think straight!

Ok, let me see..

This one was about Kaderin the Cold Hearted and part-time vampire warrior, full-time sexy Sebastian Wroth. Thaaaaat's right.

I l
Quinn
Aug 29, 2015 Quinn rated it really liked it
Having failed to see the attraction of this series after the first two books (The Warlord Wants Forever and A Hunger Like No Other), I guess it’s third time lucky, because I liked this one much better. Lucky, because this was my last chance for this series. If it hadn’t delivered something different, that would have been the end for me.

Unlike the first two books, No Rest for the Wicked delivered a likeable hero who didn’t treat the heroine abominably or act like a Neanderthal. Sure, there was st
Viedefun
May 09, 2016 Viedefun rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'ai passé un agréable moment en compagnie de Sebastian le vampire et Kaderin la Valkyrie. Nous pouvons constater que l'auteure américaine, Kresley Cole, étoffe au fur et à mesure son univers qui est unique en son genre et très varié, même si les créatures fantastiques mises en lumière nous semblent pourtant familières ! Le couple phare du prochain tome apparaît régulièrement dans ce 2ème tome ce qui donne évidemment très envie de lire la suite ! Finalement, la seule chose que je regrette, c'est ...more
AJ
Mar 09, 2015 AJ rated it really liked it
4 stars

Sebastian Wroth (brother of Nikolai from book 1) is a 300 year old vampire. Turned against his will while dying on a battlefield, he hates what he has become and lives a life of isolation. Kaderin the Cold Hearted is a Valkyrie. Following the death of her sisters, Kaderin pleaded for relief from her pain, and was ‘blessed’ by being stripped of the ability to feel any and all emotion. For 1,000 years she has lived life as a cold, controlled and ruthless killer.

At their very first meeting
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
OK, I'll admit it. I really like this series and cannot for the life of me explain why I dragged my feet so very, very long. And for all those 'scavenger hunt' or challenge type readers - this has a myriad of supernatural critters that you don't always find. Goddesses, Valkyrie, Vampires, Lycans (essentially werewolf-like), Nymphs, Demons, Elves, Witches, Fae... you get the idea, right?

I like how strong and proud the Valkyries are and how outdated and out-of-touch some of the older characters ar
Erika

This book was a huge disappointment for me.

It started out so promising, and I really was enjoying this book for the first 3rd of it. But then, I slowly started to become sick of Kaderin's vicious, selfish ways. Yes, I know she had her "blessing" but since the whole point of the book was that she was starting to feel again, I would have liked to see her acting in ways that would show some positive character traits. That just never happened. NEVER really happened, until very close to th
  • Playing Easy to Get
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark #12)

“I had just heard tales that the Valkyrie were large warriors, akin to Amazons.”

“If you’re the sole survivor of an army attacked by us, are you going to say we had our asses handed to us by petite, nubile females, or by she-monsters who can bench Buicks?”
248 likes
“They desecrate Riora’s sacred temple! She will be enraged.”
“Oh, gods, look at the marble. We are all beyond doomed.”
“Somebody put a plant in front of it!”
141 likes