Start by marking “No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)” as Want to Read:
No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)

No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  34,479 ratings  ·  1,052 reviews
In this next installment in the Immortals After Dark Series, USA Today Bestselling author Kresley Cole delivers a scorching tale about a forbidding vampire who lives in the shadows and the beautiful assassin who hunts him there.

A vampire soldier weary of life...

Centuries ago, Sebastian Wroth was turned into a vampire—a nightmare in his mind—against his will. Burdened with
Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published October 31st 2006 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about No Rest for the Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Rest for the Wicked

Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostLover Revealed by J.R. Ward
The Best Adult Vampire Romance Books
38th out of 817 books — 2,693 voters
Lover Awakened by J.R. WardBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesLover Eternal by J.R. Ward
So you love a Bad Boy or Tortured Hero
43rd out of 2,009 books — 3,462 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Kennedy
I have a scientific curiosity about romance readers. I want to probe them like rats in a cage.

probe
Don't worry, I'll be gentle... if you want me to.

What do they like about these novels? What characteristics appeal to them? What is the common denominator in a successful romance novel? Can I boil it down and make a formula.

Quality of foreplay X chemistry / sexual tension over time (grading scale being >50 for way too early, =80 for perfection and around 100 for aggravating over-tension, otherwise kn
Blacky *Romance Addict*

This book has the most realistic insta-love in a PNR that I've ever read!

Seriously, I am surprised how the author did it and it made me bump it up a star. I just couldn't believe it!

I know comparing books isn't the thing, especially in reviews but I just have to explain why this shocked me so :D
I'm currently reading another paranormal series that has to do with vampires, and I just couldn't NOT compare these two, especially because this one has a vampire as male lead too.

Anyway, you know how it
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Huge 5 stars

I had a blast reading this story!I'm also sure it will come as no surprise to those who've followed my status updates that I freaking LOVED this book!

Right from the start, No Rest for the Wickedhad me captivated and giddy. I couldn't stop myself fromgiggling, laughing, clapping, and squealing with delight while I cheering the characters on in their quest to win the Talisman's Hie, the immortals' version of the TV show the Amazing Race. I also found myself eager for the love story to
Auntee
Sep 13, 2008 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any romance fan, but especially fans of J.R. Ward
Recommended to Auntee by: All my GR buddies--thank you!:)
What a fool I am! I've had this hot number sitting patiently in my TBR pile for months, just waiting for me to finally pick it up and read it! After reading the first two titles in the "Immortals After Dark" series, I was not in any real hurry to read further in the series. The first book was okay, and admittedly the second book was much better, but this one was just outstanding! I feel like I did when I finally got around to reading J.R. Ward's BDB. Now I can't wait to read more!

I'll admit I fe
Dina
I guess third time is the charm... At least, with the Immortals After Dark series. I wasn't impressed with The Warlord Wants Forever and A Hunger Like No Other, the first two entries in the series, but now I understand what all the fuss is about. To be honest, I wasn't "feeling the love" in the first half of this book, but things got much better in the second half.

Back in 1709, Sebastian Wroth was turned into a vampire by his brother Nikolai, the hero in The Warlord Wants Forever. That happened
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
2nd Read Completed Between 8/11-8/12/13

There is something about this series that feels like sinking into a comfortable, well-loved pair of shoes, or diving into your favorite comfort dish (think Mac N' Cheese). These books absorb me like few others. I was excited to reread it, and hopeful I would feel more connected and like Kaderin more this time around. It actually happened, so yay!

Before, I felt like she was just so mean to Sebastian and it bothered me. This time, I could put her into context
Sammy, Recovering Monster Sex Addict
4 "Headboard Banging Stars"

Sebastian Wroth,
he had me at gray eyes *sighs*

sebastian

Sebastian was once a fierce warrior. But as he lay dying from wounds, his brother turned him into a Vampire against his will. Sebastian hates himself and his brother for turning him into this monster. He lives as a vampire, yet his heart doesn't beat, he doesn't need to breath, and his useless cock doesn't even get hard. Sebastian never ventures into the outside world. He merely exists, forcing blood, purchased from a butc
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
re-read: April 2011

I have been rendered speechless. No Rest for the Wicked is so amazing, I don’t think any review I write can sum up its greatness. From the get-go, Cole sucks you right in! I couldn’t pace myself at all with this book. And although I tried to stop reading many times, I just couldn’t put the book down for more than twenty minutes.

First off, I just want to gush about how much I enjoyed the hero and heroine of this book. Sebastian Wroth was a human, who was unwilling turned into
Laura the Highland Hussy
Revised Review:
This is the third book in the series, and it follows A Hunger Like No Other very closely. The Talisman's Hie begins (sort of an immortal Amazing Race), and we see all of the scavenger hunt-like obstacles, we also see the set-up for the next book in the series Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night.
The Valkyrie Kaderin meets a vampire named Sebastian Wroth, brother of Nikolai Wroth from The Warlord Wants Forever. Sebastian recognizes in her his Bride...the one he is destined to be with
Jessica Hatfield
So Good..... All I can say about this series so far is WOW!!!!!!!!! I am so loving this series.
Kaderin the Cold Hearted is a Kickass Warrior Valkyrie who hates vampires because she had mercy on a vampire and he turned around and killer her two sisters. Her guilt and pain was so much that a goddess took away all of her emotions leaving her feeling nothing until she meets Sebastian Wroth ...
 photo katja4_zps9397b08c.jpg
Sebastian was a Warrior like his other 3 brothers. He was turned into a vampire against his will by his two
Kathleen
Story Rating 5 stars
Character Rating 5 stars
Romance Rating 4 stars
Imagination 5 stars
Heat Level 3.5 stars
Overall Rating 5 stars
Favorite Character, Sebastian

I have a feeling that I'll be repeating this in every review I write on this series. I have to say again, Kresley Cole has written yet another FANTASTIC story filled with some of the best Imagination I've read to date. The characters are spectacular and along with the story just suck you in. I really enjoyed the aspects of this story with The
Mel
Apr 19, 2010 Mel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
If you like romance, sizzling moments and lots of humor, you're good with the Immortal After Dark series.
In this third installment we see what happens when reluctant vampire Sebastian Wroth discovers that Valkyrie vampire-assassin Kaderin the Cold Hearted is his fated Bride.

This story was exciting, fun and sexy.
Sebastian was a total sweetheart. Meeting Kaderin makes his miserable vampire existence finally meaningful and he goes out of his way to win her over. And she is one tough cookie...
Wha
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Ahhh Sebastian! *swoons* He is the perfect man. Old-time gentleman, shy, knows what he wants and fights for it, just... perfect! I wish I had my own Sebastian!

OK, so now that I got that out of the way... Kaderin is a valkyrie and she's been "cursed" with not being able to feel for a thousand years, since the death of her sisters, who were killed by a vampire. She is tough (as all valkyrie are), loves and lives for killing vampires and for the Hie (like the Amazing Race). That whole concept was n
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 "I Love A Gentleman" Stars

“The mind was capable of unimaginable feats if one were strong enough to believe
them possible.”

Kaderin has been "blessed" to feel nothing after the sorrow that crippled her when she unintentionally caused the death of her two sisters. She has become the perfect killing machine, unemotional, cold, precise. All this changes the moment she sets eyes on Sebastian Wroth, a vampire of all beings.

Sebastian Wroth is ready to die. He never wanted to become a vampire and the
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Now this is what I’m talkin’ about! Yes! Finally Kresley Cole decided to take this series one step further. After reading the previous two I was worried I’ll end up being blah towards this series, since I felt it was repetitive, but after this I think this will have a place among my favorites. The book had everything it needed: mind-blowing action, an amazing story, touching moments and hot love scenes. I’m really impressed.

Now, what I loved about the story was the dynamics of it. Yes, I prefer
DarienMoya
^^THE WICKED NEVER REST SO THEY HAVE ALL THE FUN!^^

No Rest For The Wicked is like an action movie to the face, it’s a series of booms, pows and mind numbing lust. Talk about a wicked read, Miss Cole writes without leaving anything to the imagination. This book begins with pure unaltered lust and hooks you like a fishing trip. So so so good!!! This is the second book in the immortals after dark series, a series that will blow your mind and make you lose your pants. Now that’s a series worth read
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review

Cover: Tells a story.
Rating NC-17 for the sexiness of it all.
Overall: It was good.
Characters: Good.
Plot: We learned a lot and saw potential storylines to come.
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? Yes.
Recommend Yes.
Book Boyfriend: Sebastian

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This series opened up for me in this installment. We got a lot more information and history to explain things and things yet to come. Although the “attraction” for lack of a better word is quick and intense, it’
Robin (Bridge Four)
The Amazing Race with Fae, Valkyrie, Witches, Sirens, Lykae and Vampires……Game On.

In a seething voice, he said, “Bride, you have a bit of shark on your chin.” She wiped it off with the back of her arm, her mien defiant. “You bit them?” “They bit me first! And I didn’t have much of a choice.”

How could you not enjoy this book in the series, there is the mystical equivalent of the Amazing Race, a Hot Hero bound by honor, a heroine on a noble quest to save her sisters and a Goddess that seems to b
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Well, hello, new obsession.

Yes, yes, I can't believe how long it took me to get here but here I am ladies. After much bullying talking from friends, here I am, obsessed with yet another series *sigh* I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a review to write when my mind is CRAZY with wanting to start the next one right away, I can't think straight!

Ok, let me see..

This one was about Kaderin the Cold Hearted and part-time vampire warrior, full-time sexy Sebastian Wroth. Thaaaaat's right.

I l
Quinn
Having failed to see the attraction of this series after the first two books (The Warlord Wants Forever and A Hunger Like No Other), I guess it’s third time lucky, because I liked this one much better. Lucky, because this was my last chance for this series. If it hadn’t delivered something different, that would have been the end for me.

Unlike the first two books, No Rest for the Wicked delivered a likeable hero who didn’t treat the heroine abominably or act like a Neanderthal. Sure, there was st
Kathleen
Entertaining and fairly engrossing. I liked Sebastian and Kaderin, aka Bastian and Katja. The alpha-beta scholar-warrior vampire meets his coldhearted vampire-killer bride, a buxom Valkyrie blond who has been "blessed" for a millennium to feel nothing at all. No fear, no joy, no lust or love. However, she kick-starts his heart, so we know there's something inside. They both carry a load of grief for the past, but much of that gets resolved in this book.

Setting and set-up: An epic 30-day race ar
Angela
Book 1: The Warlord Wants Forever
Book 2: A Hunger Like No Other

Here's the book that hooked me on this series. It had depth that the novella, The Warlord Wants Forever necessarily lacked and the characters are FANTASTIC - without any of the 'coming into her own' of the heroine like in A Hunger Like No Other. It also included everything I love about the world, and as an added bonus: the Talisman's Hie - an Amazing Race type event, on supernatural steroids.

Kaderin hasn't felt a thing, not the sorro
Eastofoz
Christel
Mar 28, 2009 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance readers
Recommended to Christel by: Everybody in the list group
Shelves: kresley-cole
Erin Turner
This is my favourite so far.

I love Sebastian. He was a sweet alpha warrior with a heart of gold.

Kaderin was totally badass and I loved the relationship they formed.

The Hie was interesting and I loved that Bastian was always there to help and save her.

As usual the Valkyrie's made me laugh. A lot! Those ladies are the BEST!

Can't wait for the next!
Yodamom
It started out exciting with a cold emotionless immortal female entering a race around the world to collect various items before the rest of the teams. Very Amazing Race like, except for the maiming, mangling and eventual killing part. She has not felt anything, no emotions since she was cursed ages ago. Then this vampire her sworn enemy walks into her life and dang it, she has a feeling. Sebastian, the vampire, has been cold the few decades himself. He hates being what he is, does not want to l ...more
Zeek
After reading Kresley Cole's entire Immortals After Dark series back to back, I was pleasantly surprised to find that when I think back to No Rest for the Wicked (Second in a series of Seven (thus far!)) what stands out the most in my mind is the hero, Sebastian. A tortured soul who wants only to end his long, lonely existence, Sebastian is one of those extraordinary characters in romanceland that just melts your heart.

One of the Vampire race in Cole's world, Sebastian became a creature of the n
Exina
"If you love something, you protect it ruthlessly. No matter what occurs."

This series is getting better and better. The 3rd book in the 'Immortals After Dark' series by Kresley Cole is full of extreme ideas, a fast-paced plot, exquisite characters and brilliant humor.

The events revolve around the Talisman’s Hie, a contest for immortals, where the ultimate price is unimaginably precious, and the setting is more than adventurous. This savage, bloody competition gives another peek into the fabul
Holly
Kresley Cole is unquestionably the Queen of Hot & Steamy. This book, the 2nd full length novel in the Immortals After Dark series, was even better than the 1st...which is saying something, since that happens to be one of my favorite Para Romance novels i've ever read.

Sabastian is without question one of my favorite leading men. The perfect mixture of sweet shyness, and protective Alpha Male. And Kaderin is also a wonderful leading lady.

Tons of action, a great storyline, INCENDIARY love scene
Iliada
You know what a yo-yo is, right? This small, round object attached to a string and moving up and down? Well, this book here made me experience what I call the yo-yo psychology. I'm the yo-yo, obviously. So I experienced a wide spectrum of emotions. Frustration, joy, boredom, love, and every other feeling that a person can experience while reading a book, really. While I quite enjoyed the beginning, the book dragged a bit around the middle in my always humble opinion. Nevertheless, I adored the l ...more
  • Playing Easy to Get
  • Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)

“I had just heard tales that the Valkyrie were large warriors, akin to Amazons.”

“If you’re the sole survivor of an army attacked by us, are you going to say we had our asses handed to us by petite, nubile females, or by she-monsters who can bench Buicks?”
227 likes
“They desecrate Riora’s sacred temple! She will be enraged.”
“Oh, gods, look at the marble. We are all beyond doomed.”
“Somebody put a plant in front of it!”
129 likes