Une lady à épouser (Les archanges du diable, #3)

Une lady à épouser (Devil Riders #3)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  765 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Rafe Ramsey est chargé par lady Cleeve de retrouver sa petite-fille Alicia. Cette dernière que tous croient morte pourrait se cacher au Caire sous l'identité d'un jeune vagabond, Ash.
Mass Market Paperback
Published July 11th 2012 by J'ai Lu (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Une lady à épouser, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Une lady à épouser

Rane
To avoid an unwanted marriage Rafe Ramsey travels to Cairo in search of a lost granddaughter of an old family friend and finds himself with more trouble then an unwanted marriage.
Ayisha has lived by her wits and disguised as a boy on the streets of Cairo for many years, until one day a unknown Englishman starts asking questions that starts to raise more then questions but secrets she long to forget. As she has to chose between her old life and a new life with Rafe.......

I liken this book to a...more
Verity
From Rafe’s mad, death-defying driving as they race to the wedding of Harry & Nell (H/H from “His Captive Lady”), Luke senses that his BFF, the usually cool, calm, collected Rafe, seems to be exorcising some inner demons. Rafe’s facing a bleak prospect of being the convenient instrument for Rafe’s bro, who hatched the cold-blooded marriage stipulations that Rafe will marry the chosen bride of good breeding & bloodlines, beget his family heir & then his child will be raised by Rafe’s...more
Heather
I was not expecting to enjoy their story as much as I did. There were a lot of plot twists that came at the end of the book, and I appreciated that all was not revealed right away. Rafe is escaping an uncaring family and goes to Egypt to help an old family friend find their long-lost granddaughter, Alicia. Ayisha is troubled, hiding in plain sight as a boy with Laila, the Egyptian lady who took her in from the streets. And she doesn't want her life to change, no matter that she can't live as who...more
BJ Rose
Rafe is furious! He survived 8 years of war, but is now besieged by his family, who have arranged a marriage of convenience for him. Since he’s the second son, he wasn’t expecting that, but he is the heir to his older brother, who is childless, and it’s now up to Rafe to ‘secure the succession’. He was willing to do that – until he discovered the devil’s agreement that was worked out as part of the proposal. Rafe’s solution?! Go to Egypt to find the long-lost granddaughter of a good friend of hi...more
willaful
3.5 stars. This was such a comfortable read. Likable characters, smooth writing, and the unchallenging world of the standard Regency historical -- albeit a little different, because most of the book is set in Egypt and then on shipboard, rather than in England. But still, the mood was that of a Regency historical, and it was darned pleasant, too.

The main characters are Ayisha, the orphaned daughter of an Englishman, and ex-soldier Rafe, who traveled to Egypt to find her... or so he thinks. Ayis...more
Zumbagirl
To Catch a Bride was a cute and exciting story that starts in Egypt, then on to a ship to sail off to England. Very little time was spent in England, which is great because I'm kind of sick of that setting. I can't say I loved this book, but I did enjoy it and read it fairly quickly. The secondary romance was actually a little better than the primary one, imo. My first Anne Gracie book was The Perfect Rake and I liked that one more - primarily because of the awesome hero.
Katie(babs)
Rafe Ramsey’s brother is the Earl of Axebridge, but because his older brother hasn’t produced any children after ten years of marriage, Rafe is feeling pressure to marry and secure his succession. Although all his friends have fallen in love and are happily married, he believes love is for fools and has no interest in marriage. With a betrothal on the horizon, Rafe has one last chance to enjoy his freedom as a bachelor.

Meanwhile, Lady Cleeve believes her missing granddaughter is alive after twel...more
Chumchum_88
This is one hell of an interesting story ^^.As always I loved the book, not surprising from Anne Gracie.

Mostly I loved Ayisha, she was a most beloved heroin, brave, bold, fierce, loyal, and totally in love, but mostly I felt sorry for her and proud of her how she stod up to evrything and accepted every bit of a problem. And Rafe was amazing too, but like some of the reviews I read he was a total thick-head when it came to talking with Ayisha, he always fund the wrong thing t say. At least he fi...more
Ilze
Mostly a pretty good read, with an amazing love scene after a pirate attack on the ship on which the H/h are travelling. This one is a lot better than Stolen Princess, maybe not quite as good as His Captive Lady, in this series so far. But sheesh, the gooey sentimentality really gets piled on in the final chapters of some of Gracie's books (see The Perfect Waltz and Gallant Waif, besides this one), leaving me with a rather sickly-sweet final impression, and really detracting from the pleasure I...more
Lisa
As a book reader, you need a romance every once in awhile to make your heart flutter just a little. I do tend to lean toward the romances where the two main characters are at odds with each other, it just makes the ending so much more delicious.

Oh I did like the book, and even though it was the third in a series of books, it stood alone quite well. The secondary characters were a delight, and I hope there is a story about the man in Egypt and the heroine's best friend.

That would be a book I wou...more
Greymalkin
Jacqueline
Jan 20, 2010 Jacqueline rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any regency fan
This was everything a regency romance should be. Very well done. The heroine is spirited and capable while also fresh and charming. The hero knows almost from the first that he wants her. He treats her very well and does everything he can to win her. The conflicts seem real and not just a contrivance to fulfill a plot. The author seems to have done her homework and the flavor of the times is very well done without being too rigid.
Katyana
This was a lot of fun! A very fast read, clever and funny, good story and wonderful characters. Yay! I think I need to check out more Anne Gracie!
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
Cute little story. I really liked the plot. I liked Ayshia but Rafe didn't draw me in as much as he could have.
Andrea
To Catch a Bride left me smiling and eager to pick up another Anne Gracie novel.

Rafe Ramsey, son of an earl, has some issues with the marriage his brother has arranged for him. So he volunteers to track down an elderly woman's missing granddaughter who, conveniently, is thought to be in Egypt, far from his family and bride-to-be.

Ayisha Cleeve's parents died of the plague when she was thirteen, leaving her to a hard life on the streets. Her father was an Englishman, but fears of being discovered...more
Andrea Hussey
Plot spoilers
On pg. 5 we get a rundown of his sexual past, and it’s “purely physical.” Boy, she wasted no time here, but at least she refrained from being too detailed.

“They say he’s an English milord,” Ali said.
Milord? Don’t u mean lord? Milord is wut u say when you’re addressing them directly.

In a crowd, people searching for you looked for your turban; change it and you were a different person.
Uh, yeah. Sum1 searching 4 u that hard wud only look 4 the same colored turban & wudnt bother 2 l...more
Lover of Romance
To Catch A Bride is the third addition in the Devil Riders Series. I have to say that every time I read from this author, I have enjoyed her immensely. There is something unique to the way she puts together a story. This story was a little bit different than the others I have read from her so far. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. When I read the blurb, it sounds interesting, but I had hoped I would be able to get into the story. When I started reading To Catch A Bride, it took a few...more
Fanny Roswita Ria
Baca series ini emang ga berurutan, berawal dari Nash Renfrew dan Maddy; Lalu ada Harry Morrant dan Nell; dilanjut dengan Gabe Renfrew dan Callie sekarang bukan adik-kakak Renfrew yaitu Rafe Ramsey bersama Aisyah Cleve.

Berawal dari pertemuan Rafe Ramsey dengan Lady Cleve alias nenek dari Aisyah di pesta pernikahan Harry-Nell, ditambah dengan kesalahpahaman antara George (kakak dari Rafe dan seorang earl) membuat Rafe bertekad mencari cucu Lady Cleve yg hilang di Kairo, Mesir. Walo dihadang oleh...more
Caroline
A most peculiar mish-mash of historical romance tropes.

It’s almost as if Ms Gracie had thrown a few dozen stock characters and stock narratives into a hat, pulled out six, then stuck them together without realising that they didn’t fit.

Write-by-numbers heir to a dukedom agrees to a marriage of convenience but finds an excuse to postpone it for a year while he runs around Egypt looking for the missing granddaughter of a dear old friend of his own granny. It takes him only two or three pages to fi...more
PoligirlReads
I gave it three, but it's really 3.5.

I haven't liked Anne Gracie's books since The Perfect Rake, so I went into this (library) book with low expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Had a really nice blend of humor and heart. Too often her books go straight into an unbearable pathos, so it was a nice change to see. There were some groaners: Was there too much cat? Yes, but then, I'm not a cat person. The whole pirate part was just plain goofy, and not in a ha-ha way, but in a "Good grief, what...more
Shirley Evans
I found this book fun to read although I am definitely not a romance fan. I read it on my kindle while having an intravenous infusion and it was good reading for that situation but I didn't find it much of an intellectual challenge - all a bit silly really. I have another one for tomorrow's session.
Phyllis Laatsch
Something about the plot doesn't quite hold together right for me. When they get to England, Ayisha is suddenly twice as wracked with guilt and suddenly becomes tstl. I love the characters, though, and the Egyptian setting.
Vina
uppsss kok gak nyaman dengan cerita ini ya
berasa tokoh cewek nya msh dibawah umur deh
atau karena berulang-ulang ada kata2 anak2
jadi berasa aneh
Dixie
Thoroughly enjoyed. Loving this series. Each story is different and doesn't feel recycled. Not too eager to read Nash's story but can't wait for Luke's.
Nadine Jones
Sadly, this book kind of sucks, but I kept reading, because it's reasonably painless, and I kept hoping it'll get better. It didn't get better. This will probably be the last (and one and only) Anne Gracie book I read. A shame, it's got lots of elements I usually love: Egyptian setting, girl dressed as boy, intrigue ... but the writing is so ... I don't know, is "trite" a word one can use to describe a writing style?

I finally just gave up. Rafe is just so controlling, Ayisha is constantly force...more
Yulia Anggraini
Baguuus baguuss... :*
awalx pesimis bakal suka...hehe

dikira mesirx itu d negeri antah berantah,paling males klo settingx dt4 g jelas, ternyata settingx d kota kairo...
c alicia x jd "pemuda" yg wara wiri d pasar mesir...

Hub alicia,laila sang ibu angkat n ali bikin terhayu...

Suka jg dengan kisah cintax laila...hehe...

Geli am tingkahx c rafe yg membuang semua barang2 yg dy pake selama sakit k lubang palka d kapal... :p

horor jg zaman dlu klo kena wabah saat d atas kapal,spenumpang harus dturunkan den...more
Renee
Ok book. Good story line. Liked the quarantine on the ship and them being stuck together. Sex *
Betsy
Characters: Lost heiress with secret in Cairo, disillusioned younger son
World Building: Cairo, baking
Plot: Finding heiress, travel, pirates
Sex: Medium
Read another: probably
steph
I read this back in April (of last year), forgot I read it, picked it up again tonight, starting reading and it was like a lightbulb went off. "Oh, I've read this before." It tells you how memorable this series is to me (god, did I just right that?). That said, I do like this one (from what I remember). The story behind Ayisha and her background is really interesting and I love her relationship with all the secondary characters. I've noticed in my reading of Anne Gracie that she really fleshes o...more
Bean
Great story with likable characters.
  • A Perfect Scandal (Scandal, #2)
  • Marrying The Royal Marine (Channel Fleet, #3)
  • Scandal of the Season (The Spinster Club, #4)
  • Her Only Desire (Spice Trilogy #1)
  • An Unexpected Gentleman
  • Tempted At Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • The Art of Duke Hunting (Royal Entourage, #2)
  • And Then Comes Marriage (Worthington, #2)
  • The Beautiful Stranger (Rogues of Regent Street, #3)
  • Lady Beware (Company of Rogues, #14)
  • Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)
  • Never a Gentleman (The Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • The Naked King (Naked Nobility, #7)
  • The Laird Who Loved Me (MacLean Curse, #5)
  • With Seduction in Mind (Girl Bachelors, #4)
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Too Wicked to Wed (Lords of Midnight, #1)
  • Lord Carew's Bride (Stapleton-Downes, #4)
I've always loved stories. Family legend has it that I used to spend hours playing in the sand pit, with a dog on either side of me and Rocka the horse leaning over me, his head just touching my shoulder, while I told them stories. I have to say, dogs and horses are great audiences, apart from their tendency to drool occasionally. But people are even nicer.

In case you imagine we were a filthy rich...more
More about Anne Gracie...
The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1) The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2) The Perfect Stranger (The Merridew Sisters, #3) The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4) Bride by Mistake (Devil Riders, #5)