Start by marking “Revision of Justice (Benjamin Justice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Revision of Justice (Benjamin Justice, #2)

Revision of Justice (Benjamin Justice #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  16 reviews
In Hollywood, many people would kill for a movie deal, and in Revision of Justice--the scathing follow-up to John Morgan Wilson's Edgar Award-winning first novel--somebody does.

There's a Hollywood one never gets to see on Oscar night, the Hollywood of wannabes, has-beens, and never-weres.It's this hidden Hollywood that Benjamin Justice finds when he accompanies Alexandra T
Published November 10th 1997 by Doubleday (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Revision of Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revision of Justice

Ije the Devourer of Books
This was such an excellent story from a gritty and excellent series. I am really not sure how to review it.

I love mysteries and I love stories with gay characters in them. This has a gripping mystery that reveals the underbelly of Hollywood with its desperation of the many who seek fame and fortune, and its hypocrisy and false lives. Benjamin Justice is thrust into this shadow world as he seeks to discover who murdered an aspiring Hollywood scriptwriter.

As he does so Benjamin is forced to confro
Without Hollywood, Los Angeles has no point! (Chapter 12)

There is a murder in a Hollywood party that Benjamin Justice attends to, as companion to Los Angeles Sun reporter Alexandra Templeton. The victim is a young wannabe screenwriter -- who ends up having a lot of important people connected to him, who have reasons to want him dead.

It's been awhile since I read murder mystery that has more than 450+ pages (this one clocks at 471 pages on my Kindle). But it is oh, so satisfying. I always love mu
As posted in []:

This is the first Benjamin Justice book I've read. I have to say that I really liked it, next to Michael Nava's Henry Rios.

At a party filled with directors, actors, screenwriters and other wannabes, Raymond Farr, a.k.a Reza JaFari, an Iranian actor, is found murdered.

Disgraced gay reporter, Justice, has been offered an opportunity to assist Alexandra Templeton in an article regarding the situation. Strapped for cash, Justice has no choice but to participate
Catherine  Mustread
Ben Justice develops as a character and begins to come out of his self-imposed exile where he's been mired since the death of his partner from AIDS. Since book #1, Simple Justice, Alex(andra), his journalist friend, has gotten a promotion; and their police contact DeWinter, has become more human. Justice eases his way back into the world of journalism while investigating and interviewing leads in the death of a promising young gay screenwriter during a Hollywood hills party. The gay sex scenes a ...more
Benjamin Justice series second novel. Approximately a year after the events of Simple Justice, we find Benjamin Justice still the outsider, still struggling with his inner demons. Booze, guilt, self pity, a little depression. Alexandra Templeton, the rookie journalist, now a journalist with a name and some pull, is taping Justice for some help on an article she's writing for a LA magazine about Hollywood's business : the movie. More specifically the writing of movies. This second novel in the se ...more
Apr 27, 2008 _inbetween_ rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to _inbetween_ by: chatpa
Wilson tied me firmly to him with his second novel. The humanism makes it a good book, when the Hollywood setting, name dropping and newspaper-article-like chapter endings would have turned me off. Despite the wider LA setting I also find unattractive, and the illogical/crude relationship with a beautiful "cold" man, it is actually Justice's occasional violence, his drinking problem and AIDS deaths that made me like him and the books more, when just written down like this I would not even be int ...more
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first one, unfortunately. Seemed like the plot was a stretch of the imagination. The characters seemed more two dimensional, and the sex scenes seemed like they were just shoehorned in.
This was one of the weaker books in the Justice series. The whole Hollywood story line didn't hold my interest, but I did enjoy Justice's POV, as usual. His relationship (if you can call it that) with Teal was particularly amusing to read. Just the right amount of sleaze, lust, and contempt to raise my eyebrows.
I'm almost speechless. This is the first book by the author or series I've read. Another series and another author which I'm going to add to my list of "to-reads". What was surprising to me was the detail of sexual encounters he included. While I was shocked for, oh about three seconds, I'm glad to see such titles in the public library no matter what the content. Definitely NOT for the younger generation to read. Besides that, another wonderful author who puts the reader in the present and spins ...more
I read the first book of this author and really liked it and then promptly forgot all about him. While I was forgetting he was busy writing! Bless his heart. This is the second in the Benjamin Justice series. Justice is a defrocked de-Pulitzer'd journalist still trying to get his life back together. He stumbles into a party and then into a murder of a guy that no one had any use for at all. But which one of those 'no ones' killed him?
Excellent mystery and characterization.
Freyja Vanadis
Benjamin Justice is becoming an even bigger asshole and alcoholic than he was in the first book of the series. If Mr. Wilson wasn't such a good writer, I wouldn't read any more of the series. Someone definitely needs to give Justice the ass-kicking he so richly deserves. But otherwise, the book is great. If it wasn't for Justice, I'd give it 5 stars. How's that for ironic?
Very good gay mystery in which Ben gets pulled into researching a Hollywood story that turns out to be very convoluted, but gives him the chance to face some of his own demons... or flee again.
Lori S.
Benjamin Justice is a complicated and very flawed character, but he's also determined and relentless in his pursuits for information and the truth. The more I read, the more I like.
Marcy Vandenberge
I haven't read it yet. OOPs
Ikhneumon marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Benito Corral
Benito Corral marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Howtown
  • Death Claims (Dave Brandstetter, #2)
  • Third Man Out (Donald Strachey, #4)
  • The Butcher's Son (A Dick Hardesty Mystery, #1)
  • Second You Sin (Kevin Connor Mystery #2)
  • Flight of Aquavit (A Russell Quant Mystery, #2)
  • Closet (Todd Mills Mystery #1)
  • Missing Daughter, Shattered Family (David Lloyd Investigations #1)
John Morgan Wilson is the author of several novels in the Benjamin Justice series as well as two co-written books with band leader Peter Duchin. He's the winner of the Edgar Award and three-time winner of the Lambda Literary Award for the Benjamin Justice novels. He lives in West Hollywood, CA.

* Benjamin Justice
* Philip Damon Mystery
More about John Morgan Wilson...

Benjamin Justice (8 books)
  • Simple Justice (Benjamin Justice, #1)
  • Justice at Risk (Benjamin Justice, #3)
  • The Limits of Justice (Benjamin Justice, #4)
  • Blind Eye (Benjamin Justice, #5)
  • Moth and Flame (Benjamin Justice, #6)
  • Rhapsody in Blood (Benjamin Justice, #7)
  • Spider Season (Benjamin Justice, #8)
Simple Justice (Benjamin Justice, #1) Justice at Risk (Benjamin Justice, #3) Blind Eye (Benjamin Justice, #5) The Limits of Justice (Benjamin Justice, #4) Spider Season (Benjamin Justice, #8)