Start by marking “Home Is Where the Suitcases Are” as Want to Read:
Home Is Where the Suitcases Are

Home Is Where the Suitcases Are

"Life is lived in the little things." -Marilyn Beckwith

In the early 1970s, after a year of unemployment, Marilyn Beckwith was in desperate need for change in her life. With her characteristic joie de vivre, she started a new life on a new continent-and didn't look back. In 1971, she and her husband moved to Africa with their four children, armed with not much more than a p
Published December 29th 2011 by Abbott Press

To ask other readers questions about Home Is Where the Suitcases Are, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Is Where the Suitcases Are

Debra
Dec 06, 2012 Debra rated it really liked it
This book was written by my grandmother and published posthumously. I remember one summer she spent with us in rural Eastern Washington working on it. My grandfather gave me a copy after publication and I read it straight through. I learned so much about my grandmother that I never knew. While her story may not resonate with people today, her strength through adversity and humor through it all makes this book worth reading.
Christina
Aug 26, 2012 Christina rated it liked it
Marilyn and I sang in church choir together for many years before her death in 2011. This book allowed me to get to know her in ways I would not have otherwise.
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014