Start by marking “Growing and changing: a handbook for preteens” as Want to Read:
Growing and changing: a handbook for preteens

Growing and changing: a handbook for preteens

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Pressing questions and informed answers that make puberty a lot easier to live through--from the ALA Award-winning authors of The Teenage Body Book. Illustrated.
Paperback
Published January 13th 1987 by Perigee Trade

To ask other readers questions about Growing and changing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Growing and changing

Airynn
I think that this book completely messed up my image of the male body. The images were sketches showing the stages of body hair growth and other things "growing" My sister Anna thought she struck gold when she found it so that she could finally compare her own body to another to see if she was normal. I loved the stories like... I found a hair - down there. Is that normal? I found white stuff on my underwear should I tell my mom? I think Our mom should have gotten charged with something for ...more
Anna
Feb 06, 2011 Anna rated it it was amazing
Instead of talking to us directly about the birds and the bees, my mom bought this book for me and my four sisters (ranging in ages from 8-16 at that time). Lets just say that we thoroughly enjoyed it! We would read from it aloud for entertainment, and show it off to all of our friends. Most of the pages are heavily creased now, but I know it is probably still lurking under one of my sisters' beds for future reference.
Abby