Loving Jack

Loving Jack (Love by Design: Jack's Stories #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  845 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Somehow her own fictional brooding hero had turned up in person right under her own roof, and now all romance writer Jackie MacNamara had to do was convince stubborn Nathan Powell that happily-ever-after began at home � and in her arms.�
Audio CD
Published July 15th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Jack

Mafi
Este primeiro livro da trilogia, apresenta-nos Jackie MacNamara, uma mulher adulta, que apesar da sua experiência em várias áreas, nunca conseguiu levar nenhum projecto até ao fim, acabando por nunca se ter sentido realizada. Sentindo que agora é de vez, aluga um apartamento por três meses, com o intuito de escrever o seu primeiro romance. Para sua surpresa, logo na primeira noite o dono desse apartamento Nathan, regressa de uma longa viagem de trabalho e claro que não sabia do aluguer de Jackie...more
Carla *Jen7waters*
Este é um livrinho muito pequeno, daqueles que requerem quase zero de concentração e que se lê de uma assentada, bom para aquelas alturas em que não apetece pensar no que se está a ler e só se quer algo para distrair o cérebro e relaxar. Não digo isto em tom pejorativo porque eu gosto bastante da Nora Roberts, e os plots dela ainda que sempre virados para o romance, têm sempre uma dose de um drama qualquer capaz de comer a cabeça do leitor durante um bom bocado, o que não acontece com O Homem do...more
Missghana77
An old book I cam across at the library. Very good love story from Nora Roberts. Going on to book 2.
Duncan Mandel

A #1 New York Times Bestselling Author

Somehow her own fictional brooding hero had turned up in person right under her own roof, and now all romance writer Jackie MacNamara had to do was convince stubborn Nathan Powell that happily-ever-after began at home -- and in her arms.

About the Author

Nora Roberts is the number-one New York Times-bestselling author of more than 190 novels, including The Search, Black Hills, Tribute, High Noon, and many more. She is also the author of the bestselling fu

Biondy
Title: Loving Jack (Mencintai Jack)
Author: Nora Roberts
Publisher: PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Pages: 306 pages
Published: March 2001

When Nathan Powell found a girl in his bathtub, he asked the woman to leave. However, Jackie MacNamara felt that she already rented the house and refused to go. As they made the deal to live together for 2 weeks, both found that they were in love to each other. But with so many differences betwen them, how will they make it together?

Review
Snore. Big snore. I expected s...more
Sandra
Quando Jackie MacNamara revela a sua intenção de encontrar uma casa sossegada para que possa escrever o seu livro, Fred, o seu primo e um vigarista de primeira qualidade, oferece-lhe a oportunidade de alugar uma casa absolutamente extraordinária. Jackie, um pouco desconfiada, aceita e passa os primeiros dias intercalando trabalho com descanso. Isto até chegar o dono da casa que indignado a quer dali para fora.

Nathan Powell é o dono da dita casa, que após chegar cansado de semanas de trabalho int...more
Julie Barrett
Loving Jack by nora roberts
Jackie MacNamara has just given her swindling cousin Fred money for 3 months at this house. It's just spring and she's able to write on her new typewriter.
Problem is the owner Nathan Powell, architect, is back home from Germany and he's in his own house. The same one that Jackie is staying at.
She is quite educated by going to many college and universities over the years and dabbling in a bit of every occupation available.
She tries to persuade him to let her stay with h...more
Whitelady3
I never read anything by Nora Roberts and bought this book by instinct, when in fact I was looking for books by Anne Stuart. I honestly don't know what was waiting for when I picked up this book. This month has been difficult and wanted something light but engaging and thrilling, but this book wasn't so. The story is predictable and the relationship seemed somewhat forced. The characters didn't captivate me, especially Jackie who made me roll my eyes constantly. However it is an easy and quick r...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Jackie, adalah sosok wanita yg unik, dia tidak pernah bisa memutuskan dengan pasti apa yanng dia ingin lakukan dalam hidupnya, sehingga dia selalu mencoba mempelajari segala sesuatu yang dirasa itu menjadi bakatnya.
Saat dia menyewa sebuah rumah, dia tidak membayangkan bahwa dia akan berhadapan dengan pemilik rumah yang pulang dan berniat menempati rumah tersebut.
Karena Jackie merasa dia sudah membayar biaya sewa rumah tersebut, dia berhak menempatinya sesuai masa sewanya.
Nathan cukup terkejut me...more
Nicole
The character, Jack or Jackie is crazy. She's fun but knows what she wants. Her cousin, Frank subletted her a home for 2 months only to find out that it wasn't her cousins house at all but a friend of his. This friend, Nathan had just come home to find a woman he had never met before in his home. His first thought is to kick her out, but Jack has other ideas.

I found this story interesting. I thought Jack really was crazy. Poor Nathan had no chance.

I did find it fun to read this to be taken bac...more
Riona
This book is the first in the Loving Jack Series.

Jack is actually Jackie, she's trying her hand at being a novelist and has found the perfect location to write her first book. Little does she know, at first, that the vacant house she has decided to sublet is not actually vacant.

Nathan is glad to be home after his most recent job. Nathan, an architect loves his home, it is his safe haven and he expects it be empty. When he arrives home late he finds jack, lounging in his hot tub.

The sparks fly in...more
Melissa
The character of Jackie makes this book. She's spunky without being overbearing.
Megan
I listened to this on audiobook. Very meh.
Maggie
I read this book in an anthology a few years ago and when I saw it on Audio I thought, why not? With most of my favorite authors I like to go back and read some of the earlier stuff and thats what this is. Its a cute story and I liked it but you would never know it was Nora Roberts if you only read her current books. The narration was good and it was fun to read on audio.
comfort
This didn't feel like a Nora Roberts book to me. It was too light-hearted. I just didn't think it was much of a story at all, just a little time-waster between books.

I usually like NR books and find the storylines and characters quite complex, but this read like a bit of fluff.

Times have changed within this genre- that is for sure.
Ana
I really love Nora Roberts! We always can read a happy ending!
All right this book is only about a couple, and it's simple and light, it's a differente book from the others of Nora... but it's a funny and relaxing reading... Read Nora Roberts is like talk with an old friend... it's always a good talk.
L.C. Lavado
A história é muito gira!
Usualmente gosto dos livros da Nora Roberts mas este, talvez por ser mais pequeno e por isso a história mais focada nos dois personagens principais, gostei especialmente.
Patrícia
O Norinha, foste um bocadinho fraquinha neste, mas melhores virão :)
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She's writing novel
Thinks she rents house--he comes home
Can't quite kick her out

Flip flop points of view
Not really much of a plot
But I still loved Jack
Diane
It was strange to see the character smoking, but then remembered this was written in the 80's. Ala in all a good book made better by the person's reading on the audio version
Mya
This book started out good but at 2/3 of the book the repetitive inner monologue made it slow going. I also lost a bit of respect for the heroine when she threw her tantrum.
M Helsell
Light summer reading. Good character development. Second book in the series--Best Laid Plans is more typical of a romance novel.
Jill
Really good, Jackie is a great female character, really fun! Nathan, well can`t get enough of a dark haired hunk!
Alice
Another of Roberts' romances. Very entertaining and more realistic than some of her other romances.
Lavanya
Totally loved this book .. Jack is so chirpy and is so full of life and love .. Adore this romance
Peyton
Title says it all. I LOVED the heroine's personality. Absolutely adorable.
Yoshe
but I have the Indonesian ones - Harlequin version (Language of Flowers)
Debbie
two people end up sharing a house and falling in love
Crystal
loved it! Just sad that it ended in a cliff hanger!
Jeanne
A clever, quick read. Typical Nora Roberts.
  • Husband by the Hour (Silhouette Special Edition, #1099)
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • The Drifter
  • Undone
  • Craving Beauty (Silhouette Desire, #1667)
  • Tempted
  • The Disobedient Mistress (Sister Brides, #2)
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • Last Bridge Home (Sedikhan, #11)
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Bedding His Virgin Mistress
  • Above and Beyond
  • Man of Ice
  • White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Dead Even (Dead #3)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...