Start by marking “Loving Jack” as Want to Read:
Loving Jack

Loving Jack (Love by Design: Jack's Stories #1)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,098 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Somehow her own fictional brooding hero had turned up in person right under her own roof, and now all romance writer Jackie MacNamara had to do was convince stubborn Nathan Powell that happily-ever-after began at home — and in her arms.…
Audio CD
Published July 15th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Jack

Cruth
Jan 19, 2016 Cruth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, library
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1989
Length: 315 pages
Setting: Contemporary. Fort Lauderdale.
Sex:Infrequent. Not explicit.
Hero: Architect.
Heroine: Flighty but settling down to write romances.

Well, it was readable and it came to an end. There’s not much more to say about it than that.

It was written well enough. The characters were interesting enough. The plot (completely relationship driven with very little drama) was fine.

But the book, overall, was nothing remarkable.

The most interesting bit
Mafi
Nov 01, 2015 Mafi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Este primeiro livro da trilogia, apresenta-nos Jackie MacNamara, uma mulher adulta, que apesar da sua experiência em várias áreas, nunca conseguiu levar nenhum projecto até ao fim, acabando por nunca se ter sentido realizada. Sentindo que agora é de vez, aluga um apartamento por três meses, com o intuito de escrever o seu primeiro romance. Para sua surpresa, logo na primeira noite o dono desse apartamento Nathan, regressa de uma longa viagem de trabalho e claro que não sabia do aluguer de Jackie ...more
Carla *Jen7waters*
Este é um livrinho muito pequeno, daqueles que requerem quase zero de concentração e que se lê de uma assentada, bom para aquelas alturas em que não apetece pensar no que se está a ler e só se quer algo para distrair o cérebro e relaxar. Não digo isto em tom pejorativo porque eu gosto bastante da Nora Roberts, e os plots dela ainda que sempre virados para o romance, têm sempre uma dose de um drama qualquer capaz de comer a cabeça do leitor durante um bom bocado, o que não acontece com O Homem do ...more
Kari
Jul 29, 2015 Kari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2015
Missghana77
Jan 22, 2014 Missghana77 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An old book I cam across at the library. Very good love story from Nora Roberts. Going on to book 2.
Patrícia
O Norinha, foste um bocadinho fraquinha neste, mas melhores virão :)
Ana
Aug 09, 2015 Ana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since the first book I've read from Nora Roberts I've loved her writing so much. This book was not an exception. In this one I was surprised to find a woman so determined as Jackie, she was so cheerful and fearless. Absolutely liked her. About Nathan I just wanted to hug him and encouraging him to accept the fact of being in love with Jackie and embraced it. Oh, and I absolutely loved J.D. though he only appeared in 2 or 3 pages. I may have missed an epilogue but since this is a trilogy, I may f ...more
Biondy
Jan 15, 2013 Biondy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, harlequin
Title: Loving Jack (Mencintai Jack)
Author: Nora Roberts
Publisher: PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Pages: 306 pages
Published: March 2001

When Nathan Powell found a girl in his bathtub, he asked the woman to leave. However, Jackie MacNamara felt that she already rented the house and refused to go. As they made the deal to live together for 2 weeks, both found that they were in love to each other. But with so many differences betwen them, how will they make it together?

Review
Snore. Big snore. I expected s
Sandra
Quando Jackie MacNamara revela a sua intenção de encontrar uma casa sossegada para que possa escrever o seu livro, Fred, o seu primo e um vigarista de primeira qualidade, oferece-lhe a oportunidade de alugar uma casa absolutamente extraordinária. Jackie, um pouco desconfiada, aceita e passa os primeiros dias intercalando trabalho com descanso. Isto até chegar o dono da casa que indignado a quer dali para fora.

Nathan Powell é o dono da dita casa, que após chegar cansado de semanas de trabalho int
Julie Barrett
Jul 16, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving Jack by nora roberts
Jackie MacNamara has just given her swindling cousin Fred money for 3 months at this house. It's just spring and she's able to write on her new typewriter.
Problem is the owner Nathan Powell, architect, is back home from Germany and he's in his own house. The same one that Jackie is staying at.
She is quite educated by going to many college and universities over the years and dabbling in a bit of every occupation available.
She tries to persuade him to let her stay with h
Titinha Scaeiro
Não deu para mais... Descrevo este livro só numa frase... A protagonista irritou-te tanto, tanto, tanto, o quero, o faço, o eu e o mais eu, o não dar espaço, o impor-se, fez como não gostasse dela, senti vontade de entrar no livro e resgatar o pobre do homem, do Nathan... Zeus que péssima personagem feminina.

Como já disse noutro livro da autora, parece que ela em alguns livros comeu gelado pela testa... -_-
Carla
Nov 29, 2009 Carla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-own, portuguese, 2009
I never read anything by Nora Roberts and bought this book by instinct, when in fact I was looking for books by Anne Stuart. I honestly don't know what was waiting for when I picked up this book. This month has been difficult and wanted something light but engaging and thrilling, but this book wasn't so. The story is predictable and the relationship seemed somewhat forced. The characters didn't captivate me, especially Jackie who made me roll my eyes constantly. However it is an easy and quick r ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Jackie, adalah sosok wanita yg unik, dia tidak pernah bisa memutuskan dengan pasti apa yanng dia ingin lakukan dalam hidupnya, sehingga dia selalu mencoba mempelajari segala sesuatu yang dirasa itu menjadi bakatnya.
Saat dia menyewa sebuah rumah, dia tidak membayangkan bahwa dia akan berhadapan dengan pemilik rumah yang pulang dan berniat menempati rumah tersebut.
Karena Jackie merasa dia sudah membayar biaya sewa rumah tersebut, dia berhak menempatinya sesuai masa sewanya.
Nathan cukup terkejut me
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
Primer libro que leo de Nora Roberts y la experiencia ha merecido la pena. Me encanta lo alocada y libre que es Jack y como encaja perfectamente con el estirado de Nathan. Me gusta como crece todo entre ellos (aunque en el caso de Jack es demasiado rápido)
Hanz
Oct 22, 2014 Hanz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
such a sweet storyline except the beginning was a little unreal where she forces herself to stay but the transition of how characters start to fall for eachother is Adorable. sometimes love needs a little push or u might just miss out!
Nicole
Feb 21, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The character, Jack or Jackie is crazy. She's fun but knows what she wants. Her cousin, Frank subletted her a home for 2 months only to find out that it wasn't her cousins house at all but a friend of his. This friend, Nathan had just come home to find a woman he had never met before in his home. His first thought is to kick her out, but Jack has other ideas.

I found this story interesting. I thought Jack really was crazy. Poor Nathan had no chance.

I did find it fun to read this to be taken bac
Riona
This book is the first in the Loving Jack Series.

Jack is actually Jackie, she's trying her hand at being a novelist and has found the perfect location to write her first book. Little does she know, at first, that the vacant house she has decided to sublet is not actually vacant.

Nathan is glad to be home after his most recent job. Nathan, an architect loves his home, it is his safe haven and he expects it be empty. When he arrives home late he finds jack, lounging in his hot tub.

The sparks fly in
Michelle
Oct 16, 2015 Michelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, all-books
This was just awful. The heroine was an annoying, flaky, con artist who has less than nothing in common with the hero. Her cousin rips her off for thousands of dollars and her reaction is to this is not to graciously move out a house that doesn't belong to her or her cousin, but con/force by threat the owner into letting her stay. They spent almost no time together but all of sudden just because they live in the same house, they're in love. Completely ridiculous premise with an unlikable main ch ...more
Susan
Dec 08, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Early NR...interesting to compare then with now...lots of consistency...but she has gotten better...
Justine
Sep 07, 2014 Justine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-romance
Very unique characters with unique situations. This was my first Nora Roberts book, and lets just say that so far I'm a huge fan of hers. :)
Tracy Gilson
Nov 17, 2014 Tracy Gilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Jacks character is fabulous. I loved her carefree attitude.
Melissa
The character of Jackie makes this book. She's spunky without being overbearing.
Leyns
Dec 25, 2014 Leyns rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mills-n-boons
3.5 stars. Good mills n boon style story.
Nora
Jan 18, 2016 Nora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
contemporary
Megan
Jul 09, 2014 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this on audiobook. Very meh.
Maggie
Nov 01, 2010 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, library
I read this book in an anthology a few years ago and when I saw it on Audio I thought, why not? With most of my favorite authors I like to go back and read some of the earlier stuff and thats what this is. Its a cute story and I liked it but you would never know it was Nora Roberts if you only read her current books. The narration was good and it was fun to read on audio.
comfort
Oct 25, 2010 comfort rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
This didn't feel like a Nora Roberts book to me. It was too light-hearted. I just didn't think it was much of a story at all, just a little time-waster between books.

I usually like NR books and find the storylines and characters quite complex, but this read like a bit of fluff.

Times have changed within this genre- that is for sure.
Ana
Jan 02, 2011 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love Nora Roberts! We always can read a happy ending!
All right this book is only about a couple, and it's simple and light, it's a differente book from the others of Nora... but it's a funny and relaxing reading... Read Nora Roberts is like talk with an old friend... it's always a good talk.
L.C. Lavado
A história é muito gira!
Usualmente gosto dos livros da Nora Roberts mas este, talvez por ser mais pequeno e por isso a história mais focada nos dois personagens principais, gostei especialmente.
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • The Matchmaker (Once Upon A Time, #6)
  • The Drifter
  • Undone
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • Destined to Last (Providence, #4)
  • Christmas Cowboy - Natal Sang Koboi
  • The Sicilian Surrender = Terpikat Sang Pria Sisilia (O'Connells, #2)
  • Call It Destiny
  • Tempted
  • Coercion to Love
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Perkawinan (The Wedding)
  • Too Wicked To Kiss (Wicked Sinful #1)
  • Moonrise
  • To Tempt a Saint (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • Lady Margery's Intrigue (Regency Royal, #4)
  • Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Love by Design: Jack's Stories (4 books)
  • Lawless (Loving Jack, #3)
  • Best Laid Plans (Loving Jack, #2)
  • Palavras da alma (Loving Jack, #1 #2 #3)

“read?” “Nothing I like better” 0 likes