Start by marking “Wicca: The Old Religion In the New Millennium” as Want to Read:
Wicca: The Old Religion In the New Millennium

Wicca: The Old Religion In the New Millennium

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  309 ratings  ·  18 reviews
At last, a really thorough and authoritative exposition of present day coven witchcraft...--Quest
Published July 28th 1997 by Thorsons (first published June 23rd 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Wicca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicca

Strangerealms
If I were to make a top 5 of my pagan collection, this one would be number one. Let's just say I was happy to get it since this book is now out-of-print and I wish it would have been among my first ones to read on the subject. It has probably something to do with the author being a psychologist and a big fan of Carl Jung whom she quotes a lot in the book. I find psychology quite fascinating and I like Jung so I got very much the book and where she was heading with it. Some find it too wordy and ...more
Jon
This is the first book I ever read specifically about a form of witchcraft, rather than having a small amount on that subject along with other matters, and it was a long time and a large amount of bookshelf space before I read a better.
The best thing about this book is that it is biased to a particular perspective and doesn't pretend otherwise. Ironically, the result is a much less biased book than many others on the topic: Crowley is writing as someone who is a High Priestess and also a Jungian
Alexis
A good little book to have especially for those new to the ways Wicca- it is not thick and people have given it a bad rap due to what it is lacking... but people! This is the book you give to a friend who is interested in Wicca, this is the book that easily opens the doorway to more exploration and understanding of Wicca and Witchcraft- take the information as it is and expand upon it.

If you are new to the Craft you can easily pick this book up and start your practice with the exercises presente
Natajia
Interesting enough; a lot of little tidbits and pointers. Certainly a fun read, although i would have liked to read more about the history of Wicca. But still worth it.
Gryffin Veritas
One of the best books out there on serious Wicca. Not a how-to book, but one that goes into meaning of British Traditional Wicca with wonderful analyses of what one goes through psychologically when advancing through the degrees. One word of advice: If you are planning on being initiated into a Gardnerian or Alexandrian coven, don't read the parts about the higher degrees until you've gone through them. Not that there are secrets given, but it's best you don't have pre-conceived notions of the i ...more
Aitziber Conesa
Me costó encontrar la edición de los primeros 90 en castellano, pero una vez hecho resulta un libro esclarecedor en muchos aspectos sobre los rituales y significados en la Wicca. Como tantos otros libros es la visión de la autora, cuya formación como psicólogo se nota bastante a lo largo de toda la esplicación.
Es recomendable especialmente por que en él encontraras explicaciones explicitas de cosas que solo se encuentran implicitas en otros textos, y que tal vez solo hayas llegado a sospechar.
Bu
Kutjupa Karyn
So far I've found it very interesting in tying together a lot if historical information I've gleaned from different sources over the years. I wouldn't call it un-put-down able, I can go for weeks without picking it up and when I do only read one page, but it is however rather interesting and insightful. A good reference for beginners, or those who want to know more about the craft.
Mad B
Disfrute mucho leer este libro. Lo recomiendo ampliamente para las personas interesadas en autores(as) de la Tercera Generación de Iniciados(as) en Wicca Tradicional.
Allison
Mar 18, 2008 Allison rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people looking for advanced wicca skills
I've had this book for quite a while and recently picked it up again. I wanted to "get back to basics" as far as wicca was concerned and boy, did this book surprise me! I didn't remember it being so practical, psychological and balanced in its views of whether magick is "real" or not. It all depends on where your own mindset is - this can greatly influence what you bring away from the book. A very important read!
Ylang Ylang
A very frustrating book. Filled with things a reader wants to hear, but really teaches very little more than a volume a 1/10th of the size. I have tried reading it many times and failed to really get stuck in. I might try again one day, but I prefer books packed with good information and facts, and this book seems to be lacking that.
Jaina Bee
I usually steer away from Wicca because it's too formal and dogmatic for my ecclectic and eccentric preferences, but this book is quite accessible and helpful.
Jules
I read this many years ago, & found it to be an enjoyable read. Easy to read, & I've kept hold of it in case I choose to read it again in the future.
Illuminatidred
one of the best 'wicca' books ive read. more than just the usual 'here are some watered down rituals' offerings.
Clatters
Good basic understanding of Wicca, the origins and a a good foundation of the old religion.
Garrett
A friend gave this book and another to learn more about Wicca. This one was ok.
Devilyn (Emily)
I read this as research, but it was a good insight into the religion
Joel Brotzman
Not a practicioner's guide.
Mandy McRae
Apr 07, 2007 Mandy McRae added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ???
This was an ok book.
Vanna Verdugo
Vanna Verdugo marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Dacilen
Dacilen marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Sreemati Mukherjee
Sreemati Mukherjee marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Abby Grace
Abby Grace marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
  • Wicca: The Complete Craft
  • Coven Craft: Witchcraft for Three or More
  • Wicca For Life: The Way of the Craft -- From Birth to Summerland
  • Evolutionary Witchcraft
  • Wicca: A Year and a Day: 366 Days of Spiritual Practice in the Craft of the Wise
  • The Way of Four: Create Elemental Balance in Your Life
  • Hedge Witch: A Guide to Solitary Witchcraft
  • The Real Witches' Handbook: A Complete Introduction to the Craft for Both Young and Old
  • The Wicca Garden: A Modern Witch's Book of Magickal and Enchanted Herbs and Plants
  • The Triumph of the Moon: A History of Modern Pagan Witchcraft
  • Green Witchcraft III: The Manual
Principles of Wicca (Thorsons Principles Series) The Magickal Life: A Wiccan Priestess Shares Her Secrets Way of Wicca A Woman's Guide to the Earth Traditions Phoenix from the Flame: Pagan Spirituality in the Western World