Start by marking “You Read to Me & I'll Read to You: Stories to Share from the 20th Century” as Want to Read:
You Read to Me & I'll Read to You: Stories to Share from the 20th Century

You Read to Me & I'll Read to You: Stories to Share from the 20th Century

An anthology with sure-fire appeal for children who are starting to read on their own but still enjoy being read to. This brilliant collection by the editor of The 20th Century Children’s Book Treasury contains 26 selections for parents and children to read aloud. Including works by such illustrious authors and artists as Maurice Sendak, James Marshall, Judy Blume, Ursula ...more
Published September 11th 2001 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about You Read to Me & I'll Read to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Read to Me & I'll Read to You

Ruth Ann
Jun 29, 2010 Ruth Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
This is a collection of quality children's literature by a variety of authors from the 1950's to the 1990's. It is intended to be a read-aloud book, so there aren't pictures on every page. Sometimes a whole picture book is included and sometimes just a chapter or two of a longer book is included. There is a wide variety of topics, styles, and lengths, but you are sure to recognize the authors (Sendak, Seuss, Steig, Sachar, and Tomi Unger (Flat Stanley).
Jeanette
Mar 29, 2012 Jeanette rated it did not like it
I do not like book collections like this one. Many of the illustrations have been cut out and while it says the stories are unabridged I think that is stretching it a bit. The selections that were included may have been unabridged but I don't think only reading a few select passages from a book equals reading the whole book. Just get the actual, whole and complete book and leave this one behind.
Aaron
Mar 01, 2008 Aaron added it
Shelves: read-by-parents
Mom's note: This is a great collection of stories. We've read most of them. Some Aaron loves and some he's not interested in yet. He goes through phases where he wants different ones to be read over and over.
Kate
Jun 21, 2016 Kate rated it it was amazing
This is full of top-notch selections of 20th century literature. Great for reading aloud to kids who have a longer attention span and can handle listening to a story without as many pictures. Some familiar tales and some not-as-much, but we love almost all of the stories. Great bang for your buck!
Jen
Oct 24, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb
Instead of checking out a bunch of big picture books from the library, just get this one! It has many stories unabridged that every child should read.
Linda
Aug 16, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
Wonderful time spent with my grandson reading together. I hope everyone has the experience reading together with children. It is truly a joy to read these silly poems.
Despina
Nov 03, 2013 Despina rated it really liked it
Loved this collection of stories for E w/just a few of exceptions which we just skipped. Great overall.
Mrs Bond
Mar 12, 2009 Mrs Bond rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebook
Nice collection of picturebooks in one volume. Because of the size, not as comfortable to read as the individual books (most illustrations are smaller than the original).
Lilly
Lilly rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Sharron
Sharron rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
Jason Beyer
Jason Beyer rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Kdeanne
Kdeanne rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2012
Veronica Pomata
Veronica Pomata rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2013
Judit Sogan
Judit Sogan rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Amanda_DJ n' Zac
Amanda_DJ n' Zac rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2011
Gerry
Gerry rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Nina
Nina rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Julia rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Nidhi
Aug 08, 2013 Nidhi rated it really liked it
Nice stories in this collection and very neat.
Somer
Somer rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2007
Ebert1790
Ebert1790 rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Annette
Annette rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Kelli Santistevan
Kelli Santistevan rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2008
Καλλ
Καλλ rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2014