Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5)

Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night #5)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  705 ratings  ·  21 reviews
He found her in an abandoned building, half-starved, her face chalk white yet strikingly beautiful. Those violet eyes drew him closer, even though Jameson Bryant knew what she was. Even though she warned him away.

But it was too late. With one parting of her lips, the hungry creature of the night took him.

Nine months later, their tiny dark angel was born...in twilight.
Audio, Abridged
Published March 15th 2000 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Born In Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born In Twilight

Barks & Bites
A week before she is about to take her final vows and become a nun Angelica ventures out alone at night to help the homeless. On the way to the shelter she is attacked by a ruthless vampire and transformed into one of the undead.

Jameson Bryant's life has been haunted by the evil DPI (Department of Paranormal Investigations/vampire killers ~ if you were wondering) because he has a rare blood type that will allow a vampire to transform him into a creature of the night. He escapes their clutches bu...more
Jasmyn
Born in Twilight tells the story of Jameson. The little boy we first met in Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night #1), is all grown up and not sure if he wants to be turned or not. Angelica is a newly turned vampire on her own with no one to teach her. She takes Jameson without realizing what she is doing and leaves him for dead. Now, as you can tell from the blurb on the book - Angelica ends up pregnant with Jameson's child, but I don't want to give away too many of the specifics - let's just...more
TheMadHatter
Actual Rating 3.5

This is definitely my favorite book so far and my favorite male vampire character! I am so in love with Jameson and he is fictional...ah the shame of it all :-).

A very similar style to the other books (ie trashy romance with the male business exec replaced with a vampire). Quick and easy reads. Leaves you feeling happy. The thing I also liked about the book was the dedication:

"This book is dedicated to you. You who refuse to apologise for your choice of entertainment. You who wa...more
Adele
Jun 22, 2009 Adele rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire romance fans
Recommended to Adele by: my mum
i've read this book a few times. this was my very first paranormal romance book i've read. i actually bought stephanie meyer's twilight because i thought it was a sequel.... i was soo wrong!! lol.(don't regret it though)
i marked this five stars only due to the fact it is special to me,(being the first PR book)
now i just have to find the rest of the series(i had no idea it was a series!)
Saturnus
I denna bok i serien Vinslag i Natten får vi träffa Angelica, en nunna som blir omvandlad till en vampyr och på smällen av andra människan Jameson som blir till vampyr, sen tillfångatas hon av skurkarna, får bebis i labratoriet och Jameson upptäcker att det är hans bebis
Väldigt spänningsfyld och fullpropat med action och romans
Vicki
Culmination of the first four books(aside from anthologies) and the best of them. Read in order.
Lori
The Original Twilight series
Megan
The original release of this book. Book 5 in Wings of the Night vampire series. Republished in a duet "At Twilight"

"Born in Twilight" book 5 in the series. 3 stars. Not one of my favorites, but did include the characters from the first two books in the series. Focuses on Jameson Bryant (a Chosen- who gets changed at the very beginning of the novel) and Angelica (vampire). This book was originally published as a stand alone novel, but since it has been OOP for a long time, I'm very glad it was re...more
I think out all the books in series this is my favourite. Even after all the mistakes made by Jamison and Angelica. Even after all that Jamison can't help to fall for her and want to help her. After he fines out he's a father all character from before come to rescue with Jamison. Great action/suspense. Beautiful HEA.
Mackenzie
This book was good but the first three books in the series are the best so far
Erotic Horizon
Born In Twilight by Maggie Shayne (1997)
Natasha smith
absolutely loved. its a must read everyone
Brey
DPI is so cruel. Vampires are people too.
Peggy
My favorite in the series!! Amazing!!
Samantha
I loved the drama :D
Melissa
It was pretty good. I am not interested in reading any of the others, but I did enjoy reading this one. I cant remember a lot about it, so apparently it wasnt one of my favorites. I do remember not being able to put it down though.
Dawn
I love Maggie Shayne.. Her writing style is amazing.
Natasha
It had a good story line, but it was way too repetitive.
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Christal Dück
Christal Dück marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Amber Rodriguez
Amber Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Night After Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #5)
  • Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil Trilogy, #2)
  • Desire After Dark (Vampire Trilogy, #3)
  • The Awakening (Vampire, #5)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Harlequin Blaze, #390)
  • Tattooed (Kate Lange #3)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou...more
More about Maggie Shayne...
An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1) Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5) Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #1.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5) The Gingerbread Man Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)