Start by marking “Truth (Chasing Yesterday, #3)” as Want to Read:
Truth (Chasing Yesterday, #3)

Truth (Chasing Yesterday #3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  930 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Some things are too painful to remember--and too deadly to forget.

Found: One girl, age 13. Unconscious. Unharmed. Unclaimed. Unidentified.

Lost: Everything.

J.D. can't run from her past any longer. She knows the truth now: that she's dangerous, a weapon. If she can't learn to control her powers, there's no telling what...or who...she'll destroy next. To finally unlock the se...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Amazing Books for Teenage Girls
46th out of 107 books — 91 voters
Confessions of a Sex Addict by Jinni JamesThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsPredator & Prey by Tom SechristVampire Academy by Richelle MeadThe Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany Tullis
Summer Must Reads
174th out of 364 books — 305 voters

More lists with this book...

Atira
Truth(chasing yesterday book 3 )
Author: Robin Wasserman
Review: atira Meyer

In Truth, J.D is back at the institute that created her. But j.D is not afraid nor will she try to escape, because the place is so convincing that they are her family, not her enemies.She meets girls just like her,with the same abilities.

J.D is sure that everything is okay again,but that music still plays in her head, colored lights still mezmorize her, and she still has dreams of things that never happened, (or did they?...more
Amanda Leon
Truth is the finale to the Chasing Yesterday trilogy by Robin Wasserman and definitely brought answers to its main character, J.D. with plenty of twists and turns along the way.

The biggest flaw for me with this series is the lack of connection that you feel with the characters. I felt nothing for J.D and the other characters and the only person who sparked some sort of emotion in me was Daniel, who annoyed me. He seemed too happy to rally against the rules and authority figures just for the sake...more
Denise
This is the third book in the Chasing Yesterday trilogy, and I can't see the point of reviewing each book separately, since they really can't stand on their own anyway. They might have been published as three separate books, but the first two read like partial novels; they don't really end. They just sort of...stop. You turn to the next page, to start the next chapter, and there isn't one. Nothing resolves. There's not even an attempt at closure. And the books are short enough that really, they...more
Arminzerella
Just a quick note here...I didn't actually write a review for this one (as far as I can tell/remember). The second and third books in this series so disappointed me that I didn't want to waste any more time thinking about them. I don't know the history of this story/series, so I can't say for sure, but it seems like the publishers/author took a story that could be told in a single volume and streeeeeetched it out to span three - none of them particularly satisfying as standalones. It's frustrati...more
bjneary
In the final book of Chasing Yesterday, J.D. is dead on a table and the book opens with "men" administering paddles to her chest after she has lain dead for three hundred and thirty seven seconds. She has also been receiving a serum, and now Dr. Sykes will try to make a full recovery for J.D. because he has a very big project for her---but she does not know this. J.D. is happy to be alive, clean, with a bed and clothes and the girls she is living with. They tell her she has always loved being he...more
Rai
The first half of the book felt like it was just stalling for time due to a plot shortage. J.D. would gain some ground but lose it just as fast, over and over again. After the first couple times, it didn't have any kind of suspense to it. However, the second half of the book, once things actually started happening, was quite good.
Maya
I really enjoyed reading this book because it took me back to the days when I watched the series Dark Angel. I feel that the show was kind of based along the lines of this book because there are a few similarities. J.D. (Jordan) is the protagonist in this book. She isn’t really like most girls her age. She has a past that she doesn’t remember; she has these special abilities, she feels like she is trapped. She knows there is something a mist going on in this facility but she can’t put her figure...more
Rosa
Have you ever been trapped in your onw mind and were not able to get out? I think this book is awesome because the main character feels like she is alone and that something is controlling her. This book kept me wanting to keep reading and see what happens next. It had suspense and I didnt know what to expect was going to happen. Also, there were others like her but not as strong. She was able to gain control of her own and find out what was really going on in the institute tht she was in. I reco...more
Rosa
Have you ever felt alone and didnt have anyone to trust? I think this book is great because the protagonist has confidence and bravery that help her in what she is going thruogh. Int this book the main character doesnt know anything about her past so she wonders around on her own. She had someone who help her but he betrayed her. She had something insede that made her powerful. Also, becuase it seemed like she is being controlled by something. i recommend this book to anyone who is interested in...more
Douglas Larson
The conclusion to the story of a young woman who can't remember who she is or anything about her past and how she comes to terms with her powers. I like how it ended, giving J.D. some closure but also leaving it open to a fourth installment. At the end when we learn the final details of who J.D. really is, its a bit of a surprise. It wasn't a complete total shock, but it gave an explanation I hadn't considered while reading this and the two previous books of the series.
Brianna
Really makes you think about whether ignorance is truly bliss....In some ways, J.D feels blissful when she believes and does everything she's told...but feels angry and horrified as she comes to learn the truth of everything. So, in that sense, it is bliss. But would you rather be blissfully ignorant, or angrily knowledgable? I choose the latter.
Kme
make sure youve read #'s 1&2

finally the answers are here!!!

everything comes together in this book

JD finds her answers and even more

she doesnt become controlled once her best friend Daniel comes to LysenCorp and saves her from Sykes.

she saves herself and the other girls, with plenty of obstacles along the way.
Danielle
Good riddance to this series! I was five pages away from finishing it last night. The book got to be so tedious to read that I went to bed before finishing it just because I was BORED. Not good. I think my students might enjoy this series (fans of Shadow Children series, Zach's Lie books, and maybe the Uglies series), but I sure didn't.
Kristin
Feb 06, 2009 Kristin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: middle schools students
Wow...it took me forever to get this third book in the Chasing Yesterday series. For some reason, no bookstores, libraries, or even book orders had it in there. This is an intense ending book to a suspenseful trilogy that is both chilling and intriguing. I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it.
Sandra Stiles
J.D. is back at the center where the doctors have been working with her. They have her back on track, or so they think. A series of events, including Daniel's re-appearance have J.D. questioning the happenings at the center. She must find out what is going on and why before it is too late.
Roseanne
This is fabulous writing from a fabulous children's and young adult fiction writer! Who ever said that a story could not be told without romance is completely wrong. This is FANTASTIC, and without much mush (the mush it does have is friendship and mother related...)
Brittany
I personally truly enjoyed reading this series. It was amazing
Debbie
Chasing Yesterday, book three.

J.D. is running out of places to hide, so she goes to the one place where the mystery of her past might be solved--the institute. Is she strong enough to fight, or will she be controlled once again?
Caitlin
This book was sooooooo suspensful and creative with many details you must figure out. It made you try and solve the mysteries the author throws in before the character herself actually realizes what happened!!!
Kimberly
This series was really too slow for me but the ending was so unnexpected Im actually really impressed. I did not see that coming but i really would have liked her for to be with Daniel instead of them splitting up :(
Becca
This book was the best in the series because it was the one that took place inside the evil institute and had the big showdown. The ending, after the showdown, was pretty weak, and not very satisfactory, however.
Ashlee
Nov 22, 2008 Ashlee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Tweens/Teens/Adults
Julie
Aww, I like sappy endings. :3 the first half of the book stunk, but the second rocked. she still doesn't get the guy, but she sorta does. it should have been one book. oh well, not everyone is amazing.
Chelsea
Overall this was a great series, I liked the story and the idea. I wish there was more to it, like the end sort of tied it up, but then I was like but what happened? Good and quick read though.
Sq.Hill Library
Thank goodness I have finished the series! This was actually the best book in the series, not as predictable and more suspenseful. Again, a good recommendation for a 11-13 or 14 year old...
Fire_Dragon_
OMG! THIS BOOK IS AWESOME. I FINISHED IT IN A DAY! I WISH THERE WERE MORE BOOKS LIKE THIS IN THE WORLD.

P.S THIS BOOK IS RATED 100 STARS OUT OF 5, YUP IT'S THAT GOOOOOOD
Lydia
In the conclusion of this trilogy, JD finally will come to understand her power, her existence, her being and her friends.

Again, this is a quick read of a futuristic adventure.
Megan
Imani
I like the series,but the ending to the third book was kinda sappy,the author could have done better.Overall there was great suspense and smooth transactions in scenes.
Jayme
This is a really good series, the plot line is incredibly original. Everything is oversimplified though and I wish there had been more development throughout.
  • You Can Run (Robyn Hunter, #2)
  • reMIND: Volume 1
  • The Dying Breath (Forensic Mysteries, #4)
  • The Little Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1.5)
  • Sleeper Agenda (Sleeper Conspiracy, #2)
  • Cloning Miranda (Clone, #1)
  • Mind-Rain: Your Favorite Authors on Scott Westerfeld's Uglies Series
  • Things Hoped For (Things, #2)
  • Two Years, No Rain
  • The Fashion Disaster that Changed my Life
  • Accidentally Friends (Accidentally, #4; Candy Apple #20)
  • Playing With Fire (Little Secrets, #1)
  • Here Today
  • Meets the Eye (Body of Evidence, #4)
  • Tennyson
  • Turnabout
  • The One Left Behind
  • Ada: Legend of a Healer
21981
I'm the author of the Cold Awakening Trilogy (Skinned, Crashed, and Wired), Hacking Harvard, the Seven Deadly Sins series, and the forthcoming Book of Blood and Shadow. I'm also a crazed Stephen King fan and David Foster Wallace evangelist with an embarrassing list of Important Books I've Never Read But Can Bluff About Well Enough to Discuss at Cocktail Parties. I'm working on it.
More about Robin Wasserman...
Skinned (Cold Awakening, #1) Crashed (Cold Awakening, #2) The Book of Blood and Shadow Wired (Cold Awakening, #3) Awakening (Chasing Yesterday, #1)