Start by marking “Truth (Chasing Yesterday, #3)” as Want to Read:
Truth (Chasing Yesterday, #3)

Truth (Chasing Yesterday #3)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,112 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
Some things are too painful to remember--and too deadly to forget.

Found: One girl, age 13. Unconscious. Unharmed. Unclaimed. Unidentified.

Lost: Everything.

J.D. can't run from her past any longer. She knows the truth now: that she's dangerous, a weapon. If she can't learn to control her powers, there's no telling what...or who...she'll destroy next. To finally unlock the se
Published September 1st 2007 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth

Anna
Dec 19, 2015 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: december-2015
I secretly wish there was a sequel to this series, but oh well!

I'm glad I finally remembered the ending because it wasn't that bad. This was a very average series at best. There wasn't much unique about it but there wasn't anything terrible either! But let me just confess some problems I had with it because why not.

The writing was the drawback. There was no character design or description or even setting whatsoever. I had to rely on my own imagination (wait why is that bad? BECAUSE I SAID SO).
Yasmine
Mar 13, 2017 Yasmine rated it liked it
2.5
honestly I just think I'm a tad bit too old for this book bu that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. Also I took a peek at the last page and I thought they were gone kill of Daniel but that wasn't the case and I'm glad they didn't.

Also, also I finished this book a couple of days ago but I'm not sure which day. Thursday? Wednesday? not sure.
Allie Mueller
Sep 12, 2016 Allie Mueller added it
Shelves: 1-10
Type: Fiction, Chapter Book
Genre: Realistic fiction
Awards: None
Summary: This story picks up where the previous book left off. JD wakes up, revived and pumped full of "medicine" administered by Ansel Sykes. Dr. Sykes is warm and friendly toward JD, and she begins to accept the life that she has been led believe is hers. There are training sessions and secret lessons that JD doesn't get to attend, and her "friends" think that she is not advanced enough. JD starts to become suspicious of her school
Atira
Dec 13, 2008 Atira rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Truth(chasing yesterday book 3 )
Author: Robin Wasserman
Review: atira Meyer

In Truth, J.D is back at the institute that created her. But j.D is not afraid nor will she try to escape, because the place is so convincing that they are her family, not her enemies.She meets girls just like her,with the same abilities.

J.D is sure that everything is okay again,but that music still plays in her head, colored lights still mezmorize her, and she still has dreams of things that never happened, (or did they?
Amanda Leon
Truth is the finale to the Chasing Yesterday trilogy by Robin Wasserman and definitely brought answers to its main character, J.D. with plenty of twists and turns along the way.

The biggest flaw for me with this series is the lack of connection that you feel with the characters. I felt nothing for J.D and the other characters and the only person who sparked some sort of emotion in me was Daniel, who annoyed me. He seemed too happy to rally against the rules and authority figures just for the sake
Denise
Dec 14, 2009 Denise rated it liked it
This is the third book in the Chasing Yesterday trilogy, and I can't see the point of reviewing each book separately, since they really can't stand on their own anyway. They might have been published as three separate books, but the first two read like partial novels; they don't really end. They just sort of...stop. You turn to the next page, to start the next chapter, and there isn't one. Nothing resolves. There's not even an attempt at closure. And the books are short enough that really, they ...more
bjneary
Feb 02, 2011 bjneary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, mystery, scifi-fantasy
In the final book of Chasing Yesterday, J.D. is dead on a table and the book opens with "men" administering paddles to her chest after she has lain dead for three hundred and thirty seven seconds. She has also been receiving a serum, and now Dr. Sykes will try to make a full recovery for J.D. because he has a very big project for her---but she does not know this. J.D. is happy to be alive, clean, with a bed and clothes and the girls she is living with. They tell her she has always loved being he ...more
Arminzerella
Just a quick note here...I didn't actually write a review for this one (as far as I can tell/remember). The second and third books in this series so disappointed me that I didn't want to waste any more time thinking about them. I don't know the history of this story/series, so I can't say for sure, but it seems like the publishers/author took a story that could be told in a single volume and streeeeeetched it out to span three - none of them particularly satisfying as standalones. It's frustrati ...more
Maya
Feb 07, 2009 Maya rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book because it took me back to the days when I watched the series Dark Angel. I feel that the show was kind of based along the lines of this book because there are a few similarities. J.D. (Jordan) is the protagonist in this book. She isn’t really like most girls her age. She has a past that she doesn’t remember; she has these special abilities, she feels like she is trapped. She knows there is something a mist going on in this facility but she can’t put her figure ...more
Shalyn
Aug 17, 2016 Shalyn rated it liked it
Finally, done with all 3 parts about J.D finding her past.I kinda didn't like this book because it git boring cause all the fun stuff happened during the 2 first books and the last was talking bout her going back to the doctor that betrayed and her that was controlling her mind and thinking that she had special powers with her (which she doesn't know how to use).Finally, she got her best friend back Daniel and yeah...just gotta read the book to find out bout the beginning.I small kine like it be ...more
Rosa
Jan 26, 2009 Rosa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever felt alone and didnt have anyone to trust? I think this book is great because the protagonist has confidence and bravery that help her in what she is going thruogh. Int this book the main character doesnt know anything about her past so she wonders around on her own. She had someone who help her but he betrayed her. She had something insede that made her powerful. Also, becuase it seemed like she is being controlled by something. i recommend this book to anyone who is interested in ...more
Rosa
Mar 06, 2009 Rosa rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been trapped in your onw mind and were not able to get out? I think this book is awesome because the main character feels like she is alone and that something is controlling her. This book kept me wanting to keep reading and see what happens next. It had suspense and I didnt know what to expect was going to happen. Also, there were others like her but not as strong. She was able to gain control of her own and find out what was really going on in the institute tht she was in. I reco ...more
Mrslabraden
May 20, 2016 Mrslabraden rated it really liked it
The final book in the trilogy was just as good as the first two. In Chasing Yesterday #3, Truth, JD is back at the institute under the control of Dr. Sykes, until Daniel returns, and JD begins to question all of what she thinks she knows to be true. This was a very intriguing trilogy. This series would be excellent for reluctant readers. I highly recommend it for those looking for a quick yet enjoyable read.
Douglas Larson
Feb 23, 2012 Douglas Larson rated it liked it
The conclusion to the story of a young woman who can't remember who she is or anything about her past and how she comes to terms with her powers. I like how it ended, giving J.D. some closure but also leaving it open to a fourth installment. At the end when we learn the final details of who J.D. really is, its a bit of a surprise. It wasn't a complete total shock, but it gave an explanation I hadn't considered while reading this and the two previous books of the series.
G H
Apr 15, 2015 G H rated it it was amazing
AWESOME ENDING!!! This is a really awesome last book! I really liked that she learned, or thought she learned, the truth about her parents. And then, BOOM. Actually, her enemy is her MOM!!!! I liked how we found out her real name and met her old friends. And I really liked how we found out what J.D. really is, what they were doing with her, and how she beat them and saved the day!! :P My only lament is: WHY DID DANIEL LEAVE!!!!????? THEY WERE PERFECT FOR EACHOTHER!!!! :(
Kme
Aug 03, 2008 Kme rated it really liked it
make sure youve read #'s 1&2

finally the answers are here!!!

everything comes together in this book

JD finds her answers and even more

she doesnt become controlled once her best friend Daniel comes to LysenCorp and saves her from Sykes.

she saves herself and the other girls, with plenty of obstacles along the way.
Brianna
Jun 13, 2013 Brianna rated it really liked it
Really makes you think about whether ignorance is truly bliss....In some ways, J.D feels blissful when she believes and does everything she's told...but feels angry and horrified as she comes to learn the truth of everything. So, in that sense, it is bliss. But would you rather be blissfully ignorant, or angrily knowledgable? I choose the latter.
Rai
Jun 19, 2014 Rai rated it liked it
The first half of the book felt like it was just stalling for time due to a plot shortage. J.D. would gain some ground but lose it just as fast, over and over again. After the first couple times, it didn't have any kind of suspense to it. However, the second half of the book, once things actually started happening, was quite good.
Kristin
Mar 02, 2008 Kristin rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: middle schools students
Wow...it took me forever to get this third book in the Chasing Yesterday series. For some reason, no bookstores, libraries, or even book orders had it in there. This is an intense ending book to a suspenseful trilogy that is both chilling and intriguing. I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it.
Danielle
Dec 30, 2009 Danielle rated it liked it
Good riddance to this series! I was five pages away from finishing it last night. The book got to be so tedious to read that I went to bed before finishing it just because I was BORED. Not good. I think my students might enjoy this series (fans of Shadow Children series, Zach's Lie books, and maybe the Uglies series), but I sure didn't.
Isabella
Jan 10, 2017 Isabella rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-series
I thought this book was a page turner. I never wanted to put it down. I thought the author really channeled the reader's feelings. The author really brought the main character to life and I felt like I was in the book with the character. I loved the entire series and can't wait to read more from Robin Wasserman.
Ashlee
Nov 21, 2008 Ashlee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Tweens/Teens/Adults
Julie
Jan 28, 2010 Julie rated it liked it
Aww, I like sappy endings. :3 the first half of the book stunk, but the second rocked. she still doesn't get the guy, but she sorta does. it should have been one book. oh well, not everyone is amazing.
Debbie
Chasing Yesterday, book three.

J.D. is running out of places to hide, so she goes to the one place where the mystery of her past might be solved--the institute. Is she strong enough to fight, or will she be controlled once again?
Kimberly
Sep 11, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
This series was really too slow for me but the ending was so unnexpected Im actually really impressed. I did not see that coming but i really would have liked her for to be with Daniel instead of them splitting up :(
Becca
Aug 04, 2011 Becca rated it it was ok
This book was the best in the series because it was the one that took place inside the evil institute and had the big showdown. The ending, after the showdown, was pretty weak, and not very satisfactory, however.
Roseanne
Aug 27, 2010 Roseanne rated it it was amazing
This is fabulous writing from a fabulous children's and young adult fiction writer! Who ever said that a story could not be told without romance is completely wrong. This is FANTASTIC, and without much mush (the mush it does have is friendship and mother related...)
Caitlin
Apr 27, 2009 Caitlin rated it really liked it
This book was sooooooo suspensful and creative with many details you must figure out. It made you try and solve the mysteries the author throws in before the character herself actually realizes what happened!!!
Sandra Stiles
Jun 11, 2009 Sandra Stiles rated it it was amazing
J.D. is back at the center where the doctors have been working with her. They have her back on track, or so they think. A series of events, including Daniel's re-appearance have J.D. questioning the happenings at the center. She must find out what is going on and why before it is too late.
Riley
Jun 03, 2011 Riley rated it it was amazing
This was a thrilling end to a wonderful yet tragic series. It was incredible how Robin Wasserman put everything. I would recommend this to everyone!!!!!!
  • Mind-Rain: Your Favorite Authors on Scott Westerfeld's Uglies Series
  • Disappearance (Premonitions, #2)
  • Pisces Rising (Elizabeth Chase, #4)
  • First Daughter (Royals of Dharia #3)
  • Cloning Miranda (Clone, #1)
  • The One Left Behind
  • Shadow of Doubt (Robyn Hunter, #5)
  • reMIND: Volume 1
  • Soulless
  • Dead Man Falls (The Jolene Jackson Mystery Series, #2)
  • Invisible Sun (Hell's Cross, #2)
  • Turnabout
  • ProtoStar (The Star-Crossed Saga)
  • Things Hoped For (Things, #2)
  • The Fashion Disaster that Changed my Life
  • The Universes Inside the Lighthouse
  • Twisted Reflections (Adventures of Alexis Davenport #2)
21981
Robin Wasserman is the author of the novel GIRLS ON FIRE. Her writing has appeared in The New York Times, Tin House, The Los Angeles Review of Books, and several short story anthologies. A recent MacDowell Colony fellow, she is also the New York Times bestselling author of more than ten novels for young adults and teaches in the low-residency MFA program at Southern New Hampshire University.
More about Robin Wasserman...

Chasing Yesterday (3 books)
  • Awakening (Chasing Yesterday, #1)
  • Betrayal (Chasing Yesterday, #2)