Start by marking “No Longer Strangers” as Want to Read:
No Longer Strangers

No Longer Strangers (Huntington Family #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  833 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Sometimes letting go is the only way to really hold on tight p/p
When zoologist Mitch Huntington agreed to be named in his best friends' will as guardian to their daughter, Emily Jane, he was sure it meant nothing more than pony rides, presents on birthdays, and an occasional day at the circus. Instead he finds himself up to his elbows in diapers and soggy oatmeal. While Mi...more
Published August 18th 2005 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about No Longer Strangers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Longer Strangers

Emily
Apr 09, 2008 Emily added it
I give this LESS than zero stars. It was fabricated and obvious. I kept thinking "Oh...I bet there is a twist at the end, otherwise this will be the dumbest book I have ever read." No twist. Dumb book.

So, I’ll provide some example, not quotes, but just general ideas. (Remember Mitch was the main guy, Cory was the main girl.)

1) Mitch sure wanted to marry a girl who loved animals. (Next paragraph) Cory sure loved animals and was not married.

2) Cory hated the Mormon church. But she sure felt a str...more
Kristine
Rachel's books are what I refer to as, "bubble bath" books. Sometimes you just need a light, fun read with a little bit of thought. All of her's are perfect for that. They have some current social challenges in each one to ponder, too.
Susan
Great LDS fiction book. Love Rachel's books. This made me want to go vacation in the Amazon; maybe I will just buy something on Amazon and call it good. :)
Susan
When Mitch's best friend and his wife are killed in a boating accident, he becomes guardian of their 13-month old daughter, Emily Jane. At first, having a baby in the house is overwhelming for this bachelor, but he soon learns to love Emily Jane very much. Then Emily Jane's Aunt Cory shows up demanding he turn the baby over to her, since she is a relative. However, she is not LDS (and says she's an atheist), and his friends specifically stated in their will that Emily Jane is to be raised in the...more
Although I've read a lot of LDS Fiction, I hardly read any Rachel Ann Nunes. Now, because of clearance sales and gifts, I found myself with quite a few of her books.

There are four books in this series (The Huntington series), and I apparently went backwards. The first of Nunes' books that I read was actually The Independence Club, which I loved and highly recommend. After reading it, I noticed that the characters came from one of her other books, By Morning Light (book 4 in the series!) I enjoye...more
Grace Tolman
I enjoyed this book. Clean and had a very interesting story line. I wonder though if I would have enjoyed it as much if I wasn't LDS (Latter Day Saint). There's so many "Mormon" lingo in it that I don't think a non member would get.
Lindsay
Ugh, this book was bad. I made it through three others by this author, but this one was too much. I couldn't finish. It was the story of a woman with absolutely no morals or convictions who converts to Mormonism through a custody battle.

One would think that before writing a book about a vegetarian Atheist with a Baptist background, one would do research about that perspective. But no. When she writes about the LDS church from an outsider's point of view, it is plainly obvious that Nunes didn't b...more
Julie
This is a well written story about contemporary issues and the main Character Mitch is quirky and real and what he does has touches your heart.
Katie Watkins
Mitch loves animals and is finally a zoologist. One day, he suddenly inherits a friend's young daughter. Cory is a budding photographer, trying to get signed on be National Geographic. When she hears of her estranged sister's death, and of a male friend (Mitch) having custody of the baby, she immediately goes to battle to try and win custody for herself.

Cute story, but for me, the hate/fighting relationship started to get a little old. They hated each other so much and then very suddenly, it al...more
Krista
The 2nd book in the Huntington Family series. I have mixed feelings about this one. We met Mitch in #1, and he seemed a lot more fun loving and open then he was in this book. I didn't even recognize him as the same character until one of his animals made an appearance at a church function. That being said, I liked the story. I think this whole family is going to be made up of other people's kids! It was a nice perspective on single fatherhood in the gospel, and on conversion and faith. The best...more
Millie
Fun, easy going. I get so annoyed at some of the girls in these books... clueless! ;) But that's life.
Brenda
Another sweet story by Rachel Nunes. As with her other books I have read, this is a story of hope, faith and love. Her characters are real and warm and endure their struggles with a good heart. I love having characters from previous books throughout the story. Even knowing full well how the story would end, I didn't want to stop reading even for a moment!
Swhe641200
Mitch Huntington is given guardianship of her best friends dau Emily Jane when both parent are killed in boating accident. Cory Steel her estaranged Aunt. Amada siter finds out she is filming photo of wild life. she comes to the States to try to get her niece away from those mormons.
Abby
Super duper predictable book. I found it super unimaginative, and I always knew EXACTLY what was about to happen. Seriously, if she can make money publishing this book, I should go into writing. I am already a thousand times more talented than this author. Who is her publisher? Call me!
Michele
I started reading this a bedtime, I wasn't feeling well, and wound up staying up till 6am to finish it. It was a wonderful book. I fell in love with the sweet little orphaned Emily Jane. It was a typical "happily ever after" book, but so enjoyable.
Stephanie
I am conflicted about this book. I love the way that Rachel Ann Nunes writes, she weaves great connection with the characters and explains feelings vividly, but the story was very predictable.
Adree
This book is really good. It has a lot of humor in it and has a really good story. Love reading all of Rachel Ann Nunes's books. I have loved all of her books that I have read.
Lyndsey

Ugh! I am trying to read quick and easy books to meet my goal but man! This was a painful way to try and accomplish that. Just glad it's over
Rayni
Even though this is the 2nd book in the series, it certainly can stand alone. I was hovering between 4 stars & 5 & wavered on 5. The ending was satisfying.
Mandy
Another good one, another great twist. I enjoy feeling the spirit while reading... and I definately do reading Rachel's books.
Jenn
I really like Rachel Nunes and think she is a great author. This book was interesting and made you think about things a lot.
Leo
I reccomend this to everyone!!! I couldn't put it down I loved it so much i used to for a book report and got extra credit!!
Katie Lynn
I have to think I just wasn't the target audience for this book. It just seemed juvenile and predictable to me.
Staci
Predictable. I figured out the ending by the 2nd chapter. I finished only because I am sucker for conversion stories.
Cori Llewelyn
It was good, however had a lot of "cheesy" moments. I do enjoy this author, a little like Anita Stansfield.
Tricia
I really like Rachel Ann Nunes' style of writing. The book was fairly predictable but I really enjoyed it.
Alexis
This is another one of the amazing Rachel Ann Nunes books. I love them to death!
Liz
Mm, probably more of a 3 1/2 star. Great read, just not enough excitement for me.
Kaylee Boydstun
When I started this book I was thinking whats with her and custody battles?
Heidee
I thought this one was sooooo cute! I loved the little girl in it!
  • A Time to Dance (Keane-Morrison Family Saga, #2)
  • Run Away Home (Home Trilogy, #1)
  • An Enduring Love
21980
Rachel Ann Nunes (pronounced noon-esh) learned to read when she was four and by seventh grade knew she was going to be an author. Now as a stay-at-home mother of seven, it isn't easy to find time to write, but she will trade washing dishes or weeding the garden for an hour at the computer any day! Her only rule about writing is to never eat chocolate at the computer. "Since I love chocolate and wr...more
More about Rachel Ann Nunes...
Ariana: The Making of a Queen (Ariana, #1) Daughter of a King Ariana: A Gift Most Precious (Ariana, #2) Ariana: A New Beginning (Ariana, #3) Winter Fire