Start by marking “10 Temptations of Church: Why Churches Decline & What to Do about It” as Want to Read:
10 Temptations of Church: Why Churches Decline & What to Do about It

10 Temptations of Church: Why Churches Decline & What to Do about It

Published April 1st 2012 by Abingdon Press

To ask other readers questions about 10 Temptations of Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10 Temptations of Church

David Eversole
Jul 31, 2013 David Eversole rated it really liked it
I really appreciated this book. It would be hard to say that I enjoyed it because it was a frank and honest look at what is so often the challenge in our churches, namely us. The authors do a great job of naming and describing the common problems is churches that are declining, then, at the end, they link it all to one true common factor (which I won't give away). Besides naming the challenges they also suggest some practical steps to help overcome these challenges which makes the book practical ...more
Stephen
Sep 06, 2012 Stephen rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderfully informative, helpful, and concise book for all leaders in the local church (both clergy and laity alike). So many church leadership books leave me telling myself, "Well, that sounds nice, but it's not even remotely applicable to my congregation/situation." Not so with 10 Temptations. Regardless of where you are in ministry the discussion and advice contained in this book is entertaining, thought-provoking, and totally implementable. If you care about your church, read this ...more
Cath Martin
Mar 14, 2016 Cath Martin rated it really liked it
Good book with some thoughtful observations pertaining to faith communities. It had a balance between the challenges of the larger church and smaller church, which was helpful. It it not a "how do book," but one that invites you to look at some of the practices of your specific setting and see how they might be leading to decline.

Lauren Tomlinson
Oct 29, 2013 Lauren Tomlinson rated it liked it
Sometimes I think if you've read one book about churches you've read them all, and that is mostly true with this book as well. I did not have anything brought to my attention with this book that I have not heard before. The author has good suggestions for overcoming these challenges, but it wasn't new for me.
Elizabeth
Jan 28, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
One of the clearest, most easy-to-read church leadership books I've read, with sound theology and biblical backing for the easy-to-understand principles presented. Add real-life examples to that, and it's really a fabulous find. Looking forward to having my whole leadership team read this.
R Morgan-larson
R Morgan-larson rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Chad Smith
Chad Smith rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Kevin Glenn
Kevin Glenn rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Richard Heyduck
Richard Heyduck rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2013
Bo Gordy-stith
Bo Gordy-stith rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Norbert
Norbert rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Tom Gray
Tom Gray rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
J. Kingrea
J. Kingrea rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Major Rettig
Major Rettig rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Tobi
Tobi marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
Andy Anderson
Andy Anderson marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Simeon Harrar
Simeon Harrar is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2013
Preston
Preston marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Drew
Drew marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Pas
Pas marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Adam Tomlinson
Adam Tomlinson marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Susie Carter
Susie Carter marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Joe Foltz
Joe Foltz marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015