Start by marking “The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)

The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin #4)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  245 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Meeting the in-laws was the least of her problems....There's nothing like being the guest of honor at an engagement party to remind a person she has commitment issues, but Rachel Benjamin has finally put her neuroses behind her. A weekend with her fiance, Peter, and his parents will put her skills to the test, but she's confident they'll never guess how new she is to norma ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunt

Devon
While I have always remained partial to Sturman's first book in the Rachel Benjamin series, 'THE PACT' I have to regretfully admit that I now have a new favorite in this engaging series...'THE HUNT'! Not only was this installment filled with unexpected twists and turns (not only in the whodunit but also in Rachel and Peter's relationship) but it was also laugh out loud funny!

In the 'THE HUNT' Rachel finds herself, not so successfully in her opinion, trying to fit in with her super normal in-laws
Liz
The fourth in a "chick lit" mystery series, this isn't the best entry, but still amusing. This one finds Rachel on the west coast in San Francisco for an engagement party being thrown by the parents of her husband-to-be, Peter. She's determined to be normal for her future in-laws, but when her friend Hilary disappears after the party, leaving a freshly dumped boyfriend and a text message, "SOS," that idea goes out the window.

The next couple of days are spent trying to find out exactly where Hila
Jenny
Jun 11, 2008 Jenny added it
As i was reading this book, the only things that were going through my mind was the amazement of true friendship. It was touching that someone would go to the extent of risking their own life, to find and help a friend. This day and ange, all people hear and talk about is this person back stabbing another or one person betraying another, it's hard to find a true friend these days. Especially someeone who is willing to stick with you through your thick and thin.

Anita and i have been friends sinc
Jessica
I enjoyed this book for the fun characters and the strange story lines and plot twists. It was a gun mystery, an engaging read.
But I have to say that there were times where I was somewhat distracted by the rapid fire back-n-forth dialogue between the main character and her friend Louisa. I would get a little lost sometimes on who was saying what, and have to back-track to determine who had started it off in order to know who said what. Perhaps if would be better if some small snipets of action,
Nikkie
I got this book yesterday, and I loved it. Watching Rachel, her fiance, and their friends try to peice together clues to find someone was great. Jennifer Sturman hasn't lost her touch where writing these characters or her stories are concerned. I waited for a year for this book to come out, and it was worth the wait.

I wish it had been longer though. I noticed out of all of Ms. Sturman's books, this was the shortest and the thinnest.
Robin
Feb 12, 2011 Robin added it
I didn't realize this was #4 in a series (I will now have to go back and read the previous ones!). I LOVED LOVED LOVED the characters in this book. I love the way is was written. It was funny, it was a thriller/suspenseful, and you think you know who is doing what, but you don't!
Charity
Another Rachel Benjamin mystery. The plot centered around a security software's IPO and it read a little like the movie, Anti-trust. However, it was an overall good, fast-paced read and on par with the other Rachel Benjamin books.
Melissa
Chick-lit mystery - my favorite. What's even better about the series by this author is that she doesn't create obnoxious in-laws or go over the top with the name-brand, pop culture references.
Robin
Starting to get a bit repetitive but what series doesn't? I read this in one day and I think that proves this series is still entertaining, easy to read and hard to put down.
Julia
Entertaining chick-lit mystery. Part of a series, but there is enough info about Rachel Benjamin and her long time friends/former college roommates for the story to stand alone.
Lenore
I love this girls writing. She's a bit on the sarcastic side and the characters are super.:) It was a good, fun, entertaining read. Jennifer is very creative.:)
Heather
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous books in the series. The plot seemed a little predictable. There were some entertaining moments though.
Natalie
Another fun and easy read,I love this crazy group of gals, but missed two in this book. Plus it was nice to read about a city I love.
Kristin
A fun read. I like Sturman's style. I think it's very entertaining and I relate to her Diet Coke addiction. :)
Whitney
Love these Rachel Benjamin mystery chick lit. Not much depth there, but a good, fun read, nonetheless.
Anotheramanda
Aug 12, 2008 Anotheramanda rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Travelers
Ok for an airport purchase. Probably will never reread. Donated to the library in town.
Kim
I continue to enjoy the Rachel Benjamin stories. I couldn't put this one down!
alicatstrut
Predictable plot and weak character development. It's a good plane book.
Jason
Fantastic, everything you could want in a chick lit mystery and more.
Amber
A great mystery that keeps you guessing throughout the book.
Melliane
c'était mignon et marrant j'ai bien aimé
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Dec 03, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
  • Reconstructing Brigid
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)
  • Notes From The Backseat
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 2 (Pure Sin, #1.2)
  • Miss Bubbles Steals the Show
  • The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Romeo Spikes
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • Reality Ends Here
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Starting from Square Two
  • The Soul Collector
  • Babyland
  • Me vs. Me
Jennifer Sturman is the author of several mystery novels, including The Pact and The Jinx. After graduating from Harvard College, Jennifer earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She now lives in New York City, a few blocks from Delia’s aunt Charley (And Then Everything Unraveled). She has no free time, but if she did she would probably spend it watching teen movie classics from the '80s.
More about Jennifer Sturman...
The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1) And Then Everything Unraveled The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2) The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3) And Then I Found Out the Truth