Start by marking “Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)” as Want to Read:

Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #9)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  651 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The hugely popular early chapter book series re-emerges with a new look! Brand-new eye-catching cover art brings a modern feel to this classic monster series for young readers.

The Bailey School kids need to train for a boat race and Camp Lone Wolf is just the place to do it. Too bad rumor has it that the bankrupt camp may need to shut down soon. The visiting coach, Captain
Published June 1st 1994 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses

Fledgling by Mark A. CooperRevenge by Mark A. CooperAbsolutely Nothing by Mark A. CooperRoyal Decree by Mark A. CooperAliens Don't Carve Jack-O'-Lanterns by Debbie Dadey
Books on Sea Cadets, Scouts, Teen Boy Adventures
14th out of 130 books — 12 voters
Treasure Island by Robert Louis StevensonPeter Pan by J.M. BarrieBloody Jack by L.A. MeyerPirates! by Celia ReesThe Princess Bride by William Goldman
Pirates!
133rd out of 366 books — 501 voters

More lists with this book...

3rd Grade Centennial 2013/2014
The book I'm studying is BAILEY SCHOOL KIDS Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses.The characters are Liza, Melody, Howie, Eddie, and their friends.Liza, Melody, Howie, Eddie and their friends go to Camp Lone Wolf. They have annual rowboat races against the other school. This year they have a professional row boat instructor. They think he's a pirate. They find a treasure map and hope to find a treasure so that Camp Lone Wolf will not be replaced with a huge mall. Will they find the treasure to save ...more
Seth
Mister Jenkins is so Harry! There was gold flowers! They roaded a row boat.
Micaela Semien
This was a good book! I loved it just as much as the others.
PWRL
Jun 25, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
A
Kimberly
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Twyla
Catherine Woodman
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Kate Fluckiger
Oh my. Pre-reading this before reading with a reading group. We want something that is not challenging for them. Just a fun read. Also, everyone loves pirates right? It is a little painful because I have to read it and stop to take notes on characters, possible unknown (to the students) words, etc.
Kelsey Nauert
Good transitional book for students in about third grade. A pirate is looking for treasure, and the Bailey School Kids get involved. Students don't seem to read this series much anymore, so I don't think I would have it in my classroom.
Molly
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
tony
I learn that don't believe in what you hear but believe in what you see.
Kendra
Jan 04, 2013 Kendra marked it as to-read
Book Level: 3.9
Interest Level: Grades K-3
AR: Yes (4 points)
Genre:

Review:
Lauren
This series of book was just funny and entertaining as a kid!
Lillian
Aug 06, 2008 Lillian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mommy
i thought it was very exciting.
Missy
Tori says this one's a 5 :)
Charan Sandhu
I love these books!
Kayla
Kayla added it
Mar 04, 2015
Miri
Miri marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Dorothy
Dorothy marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • Gentle Annie
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • The Dragonling (The Dragonling, #1)
  • The Talent Show from the Black Lagoon
  • Horrible Harry and the Dragon War
  • Megan's Island
  • The Hurricane Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #54)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
  • The Littles Go To School
  • No Biz Like Show Biz (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #24)
  • Scream of the Evil Genie (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #13)
  • Viking Ships At Sunrise (Magic Tree House, #15)
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • The Secret Soldier: The Story of Deborah Sampson
  • Arthur Goes to Camp (Arthur Adventure Series)
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)
  • Skeletons Don't Play Tubas (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #11)
Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1) Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2) Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4) Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #12) Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)