Start by marking “Brave Story, Volume 1: A Retelling of a Classic” as Want to Read:
Brave Story, Volume 1: A Retelling of a Classic

Brave Story, Volume 1: A Retelling of a Classic (Brave Story #1)

In a land of magic and monsters, a 10-year-old boy must summon all his courage and embark on a journey with several comrades to meet the Goddess of Destiny and change a "mistaken fate." Young adult.
Published June 1st 2007 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Brave Story, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brave Story, Volume 1

Indy Wong
May 07, 2013 Indy Wong rated it it was amazing
To all manga readers, I have a question. Out of all those stupid chick flicks, japanese school girls, lovey dovey mangas; or the never ending prolonging of the "greats" e.g. naruto, one piece, bleach, ect... dont you sometimes, just sometimes want to read something truly epic! Truly Fantasy with a good well summed up and beautiful endding ( unlike a lot of current mangas, that seem to just leave the story plot hanging). Well this is it.

Im only going to the one review of the whole series, and the
Dilan Smith
Dec 29, 2013 Dilan Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I thought that this was a book started with a really slow beginning. I liked it and I was hooked, but you really have to keep reading to know more about "The Vision". Stories unfold and you will crave to learn more.
Sebyana
Oct 30, 2016 Sebyana rated it really liked it
This book is the first in a short series of manga. This story revolves around a boy called Wataru, whose only real skill is playing video games. But it soon changes when a strange transfer student comes to his school and drags him into a land of magic and monsters. I gave this book a 4 out of 5 star rating because the art style is realistic, and the characters come in many different shapes and sizes and none of them are extremely thin. Plus, the storyline is pretty deep and interesting. One thin ...more
Carmen
Sep 21, 2016 Carmen rated it really liked it
This Manga was absolutely enrapturing! I can't believe how well the battle scenes were drawn! Can't wait to find the next book to read and maybe become a traveler in my dreams! The Manga had many interesting plot twists and i love the magic. I hope this has been turned into an anime so not only can i see the battles in movement and not only beautifully drawn out! Have a good day!
Lara
Sep 03, 2011 Lara rated it liked it
Fun and interesting story, despite the sometimes not so great art. I only paid $1.00 for this, and it was definitely worth that, but I'm not sure I liked it enough to pay much more than that for further volumes. I'll just read the original book this series was based on at some point instead.
Ashley Kempkes
Aug 27, 2014 Ashley Kempkes rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga, library-read
Storyline is weird and the characters are very flat. The art isn't very good either.
Alex Darkwood
Alex Darkwood rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Miliana
Miliana rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2008
Serenchi
Serenchi rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2012
K. Wolf
K. Wolf rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2008
Gabriel
Gabriel rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2011
emily
emily rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2008
Stephen
Stephen rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2012
Egg Head
Egg Head rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2012
Tiger
Tiger rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2010
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Tessa Withorn
Tessa Withorn rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2011
Kaylynn
Kaylynn rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2010
Maxik
Maxik rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2010
Daena
Daena rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2010
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2011
Ariolander
Ariolander rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2009
Ryuichi
Ryuichi rated it really liked it
May 11, 2011
Ryan Logue
Ryan Logue rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Ignacio Garfias
Ignacio Garfias rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Maud
Maud rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Asukio
Asukio rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2012