Start by marking “The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)” as Want to Read:
The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)

The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Highland air was heavy with revenge, and Mairi MacInnes wanted to breathe deeply of it. Until an arranged marriage with Robert MacBain, an enigmatic lowland lord, whisked her away to a life of adventure, passion—and unspoken love.

Generous of spirit. Mighty in battle. Indeed, though he lived in a world of silence, Robert MacBain had gifts any would envy. Yet the Baron
Published March 3rd 2001 by Harlequin Books (first published March 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Highland Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highland Wife

MelissaB
Mar 27, 2009 MelissaB rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to MelissaB by: Danielle
I always have trouble getting into the Harlequin Historicals for some reason - they don't have enough of the detail that I like in a historical romance, so I am sorry to say this book wasn't a winner for me. I appreciated the way the deaf hero overcame his difficulty but I didn't like the way heroine didn't know about it at first then figured it out but didn't tell him - I wish it just would have been stated to the heroine at the beginning so it wasn't such a plot point. The heroine's impulsive ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I really loved this book. I thought it was so neat to have a deaf hero, and to see how he has compensated and become a very strong, capable man during a time when people with disabilities were discounted and not even considered worthy of having their own properties and running their lives. I also enjoyed the relationship between Mairi and Robert. Lyn Stone knows how to write romantic and sensual, and interesting love stories. A must read.”
Donna
Maria
Silent Vows & Discovery

Wow, I really enjoyed this great story of Mairi and Rob. If I could I would give this 6 Stars! Lyn Stone weaves a very fascinating and touching story. She also provides humor, which is great.

The Laird MacBain, Rob, goes to meet his betrothed, wed her and bring her to his new home. He finds she is truly a beauty and courageous. He hopes they will be happy. He also hopes she has been told about him. This was one of the stipulations, which he himself had imposed in order
garnetyuna
Dear Trouville, sign language in not useless, I don't care in which era you have lived.
I didn't like Jehanne nor Thomas, not one bit. And Henri wasn't married yet (but wasn't his story before this book?! D: Whatever [Edit: Apparently not]). The last part was a bit so-so, hence the rating.
Dawn ♥ romance
Good plot about a deaf man in the year 1335 with exciting ending but it dragged in the middle with overlong delay of truth and characters mentally speculating making my rating 3.5* Marriage arranged between Mairi and Robert,who lived in a world of silence.
Frances Fuller
Just a little hard to swallow. Finger spelling in the 14th century? But I just kept thinking of sign language even between tribes in North America and Africa, tried to buy it.
Amber
I really enjoyed this book about a man trying to keep his hearing loss a secret from his new wife. Entertaining and a great love story.
Claudia Rosa
Awesome!!!
One of the Best romances I've ever read!
Wonderful!
SheLove2Read
Didn't hold my interest. Skimmed it.
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Rimal
Rimal marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Brittney Mccann
Brittney Mccann marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Husna Koeucretd
Husna Koeucretd marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Lori Kurochkina
Lori Kurochkina marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Tabitha Vinson
Tabitha Vinson marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Leesha
Leesha marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Davina
Davina marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Staci
Staci added it
Feb 26, 2015
  • At the Highlander's Mercy (The MacLerie Clan #6)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Border Lord
  • The Penniless Bride (Harlequin Historical #725)
  • The Overlord's Bride (Warrior, #13)
  • Midnight Eyes
  • Beauty and the Baron
  • The Highlander (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #3)
  • Anne's Perfect Husband (Sinclair Bride, #2)
  • Precious Things
  • The Viscount and the Virgin (Regency Silk & Scandal, #5)
  • Beguiled
Lyn's foray into book-length fiction began in the early '90s, and she signed her first contract with Harlequin Historicals on Valentine's Day, 1996. "Flowers, candy, kisses, and a book sale, too! There will never be another day quite like that one!" she says.

"I always loved to write and even got excited about doing reports and term papers. I neglected other homework just to make that short story f
More about Lyn Stone...

Trouville (3 books)
  • The Knight's Bride (Trouville #1)
  • Bride of Trouville (Trouville #2)
The Captain and the Wallflower A Regency Christmas: Scarlet Ribbons\ Christmas Promise\ A Little Christmas (Harlequin Historical Series) Bride of Trouville (Trouville #2) The Viscount The Scot