Start by marking “The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)” as Want to Read:
The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)

The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)

The Highland air was heavy with revenge, and Mairi MacInnes wanted to breathe deeply of it. Until an arranged marriage with Robert MacBain, an enigmatic lowland lord, whisked her away to a life of adventure, passion—and unspoken love.

Generous of spirit. Mighty in battle. Indeed, though he lived in a world of silence, Robert MacBain had gifts any would envy. Yet the Baron
Paperback, Harlequin Historical #551, 304 pages
Published March 1st 2001 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about The Highland Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highland Wife

MelissaB
Dec 03, 2008 MelissaB rated it liked it
Recommended to MelissaB by: Danielle
I always have trouble getting into the Harlequin Historicals for some reason - they don't have enough of the detail that I like in a historical romance, so I am sorry to say this book wasn't a winner for me. I appreciated the way the deaf hero overcame his difficulty but I didn't like the way heroine didn't know about it at first then figured it out but didn't tell him - I wish it just would have been stated to the heroine at the beginning so it wasn't such a plot point. The heroine's impulsive ...more
Donna
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I really loved this book. I thought it was so neat to have a deaf hero, and to see how he has compensated and become a very strong, capable man during a time when people with disabilities were discounted and not even considered worthy of having their own properties and running their lives. I also enjoyed the relationship between Mairi and Robert. Lyn Stone knows how to write romantic and sensual, and interesting love stories. A must read.”
Chryssa

Oh boy....I hate it so much when I read books that I WANT to like but I just CANNOT! I 've tried so much to see the good points (a few!) instead of all the really-are-you-kidding-me ones...but in the end, the rolls of my eyes were so many that I felt I was cheating on all my 3 star rating books.

The Highland Wife aka the Highland Misunderstanding Everything on legs

Darlin'.... no! JUST NO! I like fiesty and sassy and big-mouthed heroines (hm...why I wonder..) but tried as I might Mairi didn't cut
Lisla Cavill
Jan 07, 2016 Lisla Cavill rated it really liked it
3.5 estrellas, redondeo a 4
Rob Macbain solo quería una esposa que pudiera darle herederos, pero “hacer” los herederos con Mairi MacInness no sería nada fácil... Rob se dirige tranquilamente a las Highlands a buscar a su prometida. Seguro de que en el arreglo del matrimonio ella había sido informada de todos los aspectos de su futuro marido. Mairi ha sido “sucintamente” informada de lo que iba a encontrar en su prometido. ¿Quién se creía que era ese hombre para no dignarse a dirigirle la palabra
Maria
Oct 11, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silent Vows & Discovery

Wow, I really enjoyed this great story of Mairi and Rob. If I could I would give this 6 Stars! Lyn Stone weaves a very fascinating and touching story. She also provides humor, which is great.

The Laird MacBain, Rob, goes to meet his betrothed, wed her and bring her to his new home. He finds she is truly a beauty and courageous. He hopes they will be happy. He also hopes she has been told about him. This was one of the stipulations, which he himself had imposed in order
Usagi Tsukino
Dec 08, 2014 Usagi Tsukino rated it liked it
Shelves: m-f, historical
Dear Trouville, sign language in not useless, I don't care in which era you have lived.
I didn't like Jehanne nor Thomas, not one bit. And Henri wasn't married yet (but wasn't his story before this book?! D: Whatever [Edit: Apparently not]). The last part was a bit so-so, hence the rating.
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it
Good plot about a deaf man in the year 1335 with exciting ending but it dragged in the middle with overlong delay of truth and characters mentally speculating making my rating 3.5* Marriage arranged between Mairi and Robert,who lived in a world of silence.
Amber
Jan 05, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
I really enjoyed this book about a man trying to keep his hearing loss a secret from his new wife. Entertaining and a great love story.
Frances
Oct 05, 2012 Frances rated it it was ok
Just a little hard to swallow. Finger spelling in the 14th century? But I just kept thinking of sign language even between tribes in North America and Africa, tried to buy it.
Isabelle
Isabelle rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Neka
Neka rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Aurélie
Aurélie rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2014
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2011
Claudia Rosa
May 06, 2012 Claudia Rosa rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!
One of the Best romances I've ever read!
Wonderful!
Pilar Martin
Pilar Martin rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Wayne Truesdale
Wayne Truesdale rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Lisa Calderon
Lisa Calderon rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Tommie
Tommie rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Terri Swier
Terri Swier rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2010
Darcie Mae
Darcie Mae rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2011
Brittany Prather
Brittany Prather rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2016
Brittney
Brittney rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Crystal Rees
Crystal Rees rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2015
L
L rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2015
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2012
A. Adams
A. Adams rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2016
Khothy
Khothy rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Louise Compton
Louise Compton rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Midnight Eyes
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Overlord's Bride (Warrior, #13)
  • Precious Things
  • Lion's Lady (Lions #4)
  • The Countess Bride
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
  • The Border Lord
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • The Highlander (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #3)
  • The Penniless Bride (Harlequin Historical #725)
  • Anne's Perfect Husband (Sinclair Bride, #2)
  • Beguiled
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • The Devil of Kilmartin (Kilmartin Glen, #1)
Lyn's foray into book-length fiction began in the early '90s, and she signed her first contract with Harlequin Historicals on Valentine's Day, 1996. "Flowers, candy, kisses, and a book sale, too! There will never be another day quite like that one!" she says.

"I always loved to write and even got excited about doing reports and term papers. I neglected other homework just to make that short story f
More about Lyn Stone...

Trouville (3 books)
  • The Knight's Bride (Trouville #1)
  • Bride of Trouville (Trouville #2)