Start by marking “Forget Me Not” as Want to Read:
Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  714 ratings  ·  36 reviews
The terrible tragedy Alana Reeves suffered on Wyoming's Broken Mountain has vanished from her memory. Now nothing remains of those six lost days that cost her everything she held dear. But a man has appeared from the shadows of Alana's past -- a rugged outdoorsman who once dwelt in a wounded heart he is now sworn to heal. Like an answered prayer, Rate Winter has come to le ...more
Paperback
Published April 13th 2010 by Avon (first published October 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Forget Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget Me Not

Alexis-Morgan Roark
Christina
I thought romance novels were written to sweep us girls off our feet and dream of the perfect man. Well apparently not. Not just this book, but others as well have many "heros" if you want to call them that, and they are complete asses! But in the end they realize they are in love so all is forgiven. I'd want to be swept off my feet if I was the heroine before mr. perfect ever touched me!
Steph
Broken Mountain, oh Broken Mountain, that Broken Mountain ...a little repetitive, and I was a little put off by his moustache, but mostly because that dated the book. :) Overall, though a was a nice, fluffy, quick read.
Shana
Alana has amnesia from a stressful night on the mountain where her husband died and she somehow survived. Through the love and support of family, she goes back to the mountain 4 weeks after her husband's death to help her brother with his new business. As a result of several things, she is able to get most of her memory back, and realize her true love, Rafael Winter was there for her all along!
Jessi
Must be an early book because it's one of those "Alpha male does what he thinks is best for the damaged little lady because she can't figure out how to fix herself." Blergh.
Alana Reeves suffered an injury on her family's ranch where her husband died, but she can't remember any of it. Her first emotional blow came when the only man she ever loved, the only one who could make her truly feel alive, died and she quickly married a man who was a complete jerkhole and would only help her out if she mar
Roseofpat
Alana Reeves has amnesia covering 6 days spent on Broken Mountain were her husband is killed in an accident. A Love from her past Rafe Winters comes back into her life and takes her back to Broken Mountain. An amazing written story line and great characters and under currents of nightmare, romance and suspense. If that was all to reading this book I would have given it 5 stars on that alone. But I couldn't stand how often the "6 days" and "I don't remember" were put in the story line, like the r ...more
Codi Gary
I loved Forget Me Not. Rafe is a hot hero, and I love the way he calls the heroine Alana, "Wilflower". The story centers on the death of Alana's husband while camping on Broken Mountain and the six days of memory Alana has lost regarding the trip. The little catches of remembrance through out the book make you want to keep going until you have every detail and Rafe, Alana's first love, is drool worthy. Ms. Lowell has a way of portraying first loves in her books as majorly sigh worthy and I would ...more
Rachel C.
Pretty moving story. Angsty.
Sue
This story, you knew almost before you got through the first 50 pages how this would end. Way, way to early, what saves it from a lower rating is the scenes between the leads is always touching. But the "bad" guy is pretty much identified way to early, I continued to read really because I wanted to see how it unraveled. Not a book I'd recommend to others if they enjoy suspense with their romance. The only thing that's left to find out after page 50 is how.
Amanda
I did not care for this book or should I say the way the author writes. Every single thing that happens in this book has three pages of description on how it happens. THe intense dramatic way the characters think and speak to each other is just plain unreal and corny. Real people do not speak this way and honestly it just made me want to vomit. I thought about not finishing it but felt I was invested at half way through and needed to see it to the end.
Laura Nadal
Mum
I had forgotten how much I enjoyed her older works. An exciting escape. A fast read! Believable - NO! For some reason, I ignored rather than cursed her literary license. I guess it was so unbelievable that I decided it was a fantasy, rather fiction, so people could be totally beyond their human foibles one moment, and totally immersed in them the next.
Ana Kenley
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I thought the plot was great, the characters were well written--the only downfall I felt was the numerous references to Alana's song/music being linked to Rafe--even though there were reasons for that, I thought it too often mentioned. Outside of that, I read it quickly and found it very entertaining.
Joanne
Alana Reeves has lost six days from her memory. During those days all she knows is that she was on Broken Mountain, her husband died there and she barely survived. Her lost love Rafe Winter steps in and helps Alana to heal. Will she remember and if she does can she face what had happened on the mountain.
C K
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that. Always in depth characters that anyone can identify with on some level.
Christine
This book was very slow. I liked the overall storyline and Alana and Rafe were a good match. I wish there was stronger and more feelings- maybe more details. This book could have been a GREAT book if just a little more went into it.
Jackie Adams
i couldnt get into this book at all... it annoyed the crap out of me that they did this big old scheme to try to get her to remember.. REALLY??? i like EL but couldnt get into this one AT ALL!!!
Dianna
Gave it 4 stars, but maybe should only be 3 1/2. Though I did like quite well. It's hard for me to rate books as I seem to like lots of them across a wide range of genres.
Mandy anderson
i skimmed most of this, I like elizabeth lowell, but the female character was lame and unbelievable and too much smut, so just skimmed... not recommended
DPetrichor
I loved the mystery element in the novel. And the best part was that it kept getting better paving the way to a satisfying and touching ending.
Bronwyn Rykiert
I thought this story went for too long and it seemed to be over dramatised by the author. It was not quite what I expected but it passed the time.
Loudice
Didn't like this one too...So overrated and different from Elizabeth Lowell's books that I've read before.
Phyllis
First time reading this author. I really enjoyed the book. Will read more by this author.
Skate Penny
The title? Perfect! The plot? How can I say "I didn't like it" in kinder words?
April
What happens on the mountain stays on the mountain........or not.
Jo
Oct 11, 2007 Jo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Alaskans
Shelves: fiction, romance, alaska
I read this a long time ago and still I remember it is extra special.
Adèle
Really like this book and I really got into the characters.
Kristin
Another great romance. I love Elizabeth Lowell.
KarenH
Sooo very boring....
  • The Ruby
  • Joy
  • Twist of Fate
  • Dying to Have Her (Soap Opera #2)
  • Eye of the Tiger (Silhouette Desire, #271)
  • Money, Honey
  • Last Bridge Home (Sedikhan, #11)
  • Infamous
  • Loving Evangeline (Duncan & Evangeline, #2)
  • Up Close and Personal
  • Secrets and Lies (Oklahoma All-Girl Brands, #3) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #1189)
  • Threads of Destiny (Clan Mackenzie, #1)
19051
Individually and with co-author/husband Evan, Ann Maxwell has written over 60 novels and one non-fiction book. There are 30 million copies of these books in print, as well as reprints in 30 foreign languages. The novels range from science fiction to historical fiction, from romance to mystery to suspense.

In 1982, Ann began publishing as Elizabeth Lowell. Under that name she has received numerous p
More about Elizabeth Lowell...
Untamed (Medieval, #1) Amber Beach (Donovan, #1) Die in Plain Sight (Rarities Unlimited, #3) Enchanted (Medieval, #3) Pearl Cove (Donovan, #3)