Start by marking “Celebrate Through Heartsongs” as Want to Read:

Published August 27th 2002 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Celebrate Through Heartsongs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celebrate Through Heartsongs

Ava Giarritano
Nov 30, 2014 Ava Giarritano rated it it was amazing
Mattie J.T Stepanek is an amazing poet and peacemaker. His poetry has inspired many people, including me. Mattie's poetry speaks deeply about celebrating and enjoying life.
Ashley
Oct 12, 2011 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Mattie J.T. Stepanek’s Celebrate through Heartsongs is a truly inspirational read. Mattie, a young boy who had a rare form of muscular dystrophy, and who lost 3 siblings in his lifetime, celebrates life in this collection of expressive and free form poems.

The book is separated into 5 different sections with a different theme for each: celebrate nature, celebrate thoughts and dreams, celebrate special days, celebrate life, and celebrate everyday heroes. Each section is filled with poems that cor
Devina
Apr 11, 2011 Devina rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
It amazed me that such a little child could write so beautifully.It's so amazing and yet so sad.His poems really touched me to the core of my soul.Mattie died a few years back.When I first read this book I wasn't aware of that fact.His poems made me cry and my tears fell like rain when I learnt of his death.
He knew that he was going to die sooner if not later and spoke of going to Heaven and that he'll be with his big brother Jamie once more.A very brave boy,Mattie was.May his beautiful soul re
Andrea
Mar 31, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, poetry

Mattie once again captures the human spirit. This little boy may not have lived for a long time but he did understand the meaning of being alive. My favourite poem in this collection is "I AM". It is a beautiful and moving tribute to life. May Mattie's words live forever in our hearts and minds.
Fran
Mar 03, 2010 Fran rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, poetry
I believe Mattie was an angel sent to earth to warm the hearts of all God's children. I'm so glad I was privileged to see him on television and hear him recite his own prose and poetry. His voice is still with me when I read his books, and it helps me know how he intended his work to be expressed. What a blessing!
Shannon
Mar 18, 2010 Shannon rated it it was amazing
What an inspiration to the world! Mattie was one incredibely special little boy!
Nicole
Jan 15, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
would have loved this little boy so wise beyond his years.
Destiny
Destiny rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2007
Danna
Danna rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2012
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2012
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2011
Sandy
Sandy rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2011
VIVIANA GONZALEZ
VIVIANA GONZALEZ rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2009
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2008
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2010
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2007
Christina Peer
Christina Peer rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2017
Anna Morgan
Anna Morgan rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2011
 Barb Bailey
Barb Bailey rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Jean
Jean rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2008
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2012
Savannah
Savannah rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2008
Juliet Larson
Juliet Larson rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Debbi  Tehrani
Debbi Tehrani rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Matthew Joseph Thaddeus Stepanek, known as Mattie Stepanek, was an American poet, who had six books of poetry and one book of essays all reach The New York Times bestsellers list. He became a peace advocate and motivational speaker, and lobbied on Capitol Hill on behalf of peace, people with disabilities, and children with life-threatening conditions.

Stepanek suffered from a rare form of muscular
More about Mattie J.T. Stepanek...