Celebrate Through Heartsongs

Celebrate Through Heartsongs

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Mattie J.T. Stepanek is an award-winning poet whose struggle with a rare form of muscular dystrophy has touched the lives of people nationwide. Celebrate Through Heartsongs, his fourth inspiring collection of poetry, features works written between the ages of three and eleven, and continues to spread Mattie's message of universal hope, peace, courage, and love. Fully illus...more
Published August 27th 2002 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Celebrate Through Heartsongs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celebrate Through Heartsongs

Ashley
Mattie J.T. Stepanek’s Celebrate through Heartsongs is a truly inspirational read. Mattie, a young boy who had a rare form of muscular dystrophy, and who lost 3 siblings in his lifetime, celebrates life in this collection of expressive and free form poems.

The book is separated into 5 different sections with a different theme for each: celebrate nature, celebrate thoughts and dreams, celebrate special days, celebrate life, and celebrate everyday heroes. Each section is filled with poems that cor...more
Devina
It amazed me that such a little child could write so beautifully.It's so amazing and yet so sad.His poems really touched me to the core of my soul.Mattie died a few years back.When I first read this book I wasn't aware of that fact.His poems made me cry and my tears fell like rain when I learnt of his death.
He knew that he was going to die sooner if not later and spoke of going to Heaven and that he'll be with his big brother Jamie once more.A very brave boy,Mattie was.May his beautiful soul re...more
Fran
I believe Mattie was an angel sent to earth to warm the hearts of all God's children. I'm so glad I was privileged to see him on television and hear him recite his own prose and poetry. His voice is still with me when I read his books, and it helps me know how he intended his work to be expressed. What a blessing!
Andrea

Mattie once again captures the human spirit. This little boy may not have lived for a long time but he did understand the meaning of being alive. My favourite poem in this collection is "I AM". It is a beautiful and moving tribute to life. May Mattie's words live forever in our hearts and minds.
Shannon
What an inspiration to the world! Mattie was one incredibely special little boy!
Nicole
would have loved this little boy so wise beyond his years.
Sugnee Vyver
Sugnee Vyver marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jul 01, 2014
Romeo Brevin
Romeo Brevin marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Phumeza
Phumeza marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Dominic Santina
Dominic Santina marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Ari Leach
Ari Leach marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Matthew Joseph Thaddeus Stepanek, known as Mattie Stepanek, was an American poet, who had six books of poetry and one book of essays all reach The New York Times bestsellers list. He became a peace advocate and motivational speaker, and lobbied on Capitol Hill on behalf of peace, people with disabilities, and children with life-threatening conditions.

Stepanek suffered from a rare form of muscular...more
More about Mattie J.T. Stepanek...
Journey Through Heartsongs Heartsongs Reflections of a Peacemaker: A Portrait in Poetry Hope Through Heartsongs Loving Through Heartsongs