Start by marking “A Compromised Lady” as Want to Read:
A Compromised Lady

A Compromised Lady

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  482 ratings  ·  33 reviews
As a girl she had been bubbling over with mischief. As a woman she seemed half lost in shadow. But Richard Blakehurst couldn't miss the flash of connection between them when his hand touched hers. It was as if he had awakened something deep inside her.

Seeing Richard again brought back the taunting memory of their dance at her come-out ball. She "must" tame her wayward thou
Published September 1st 2007 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Compromised Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Compromised Lady

Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecThe Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine AllredLexi, Baby by Lynda LeeAnneThen Came You by Lisa Kleypas
Secret Baby Trope
55th out of 176 books — 172 voters
Envy by Anna GodbersenRumors by Anna GodbersenVixen by Jillian LarkinSplendor by Anna GodbersenThe Luxe by Anna Godbersen
Best Looking Historical Novels
55th out of 165 books — 83 voters

More lists with this book...

Jess the Romanceaholic
Bill
It is almost impossible to say much about the plot without spoiling the story. The 25 year old heroine was seriously compromised 8 years earlier and has resolved to never marry when her b_st_rd of a father calls her back to London to force her into a political marriage to a sadist. The hero, her chilhood friend, and her brother work to protect her. Lots of angst and conflict in this one.

I wanted to slap both the hero and the heroine because they took way too long to be open and honest with each
Esra
Aslında gayet güzel olabilecek bir kitap çevirmenin azizliğine uğramış maalesef... Daniel, Richard oldu... Richard vaftiz anne ve gazete oldu... Sonra Max de birileriyle karıştı ama şimdi hatırlayamayacağım... Ama en bombası şu cümle: "SAÇLARININ gri renginin yas tutmaktan olmadığını biliyordu. Demek ki GÖZLERİ her zaman bu renkti."
Ayrıca Thea inadıyla beni delirtti. Adam her şeye rağmen seviyorum evlenelim dedi bu bi çocuğum var diye evlenmem diye inat etti!
E. Chainey (Bookowski)
Çeviri ve redaksiyon çok berbat olduğundan kırdım puan. Yoksa kitap aslında iyiydi. Yalnız kitap ismi farklı bir şey olabilirdi. Thea ve Richard. Karakter olarak ikisini de beğendim. Fena bir kitap değildi. Tabi kitaptaki edit hatalarını göz ardı ederseniz:D
Contessina
Çok sıkıldım yahu !
Anita
Elizabeth Rolls is an accomplished writer, who conveys her character's emotions with depth and skill. The heroine, Dorothea [Thea] is forcibly returned from exile in the country to marry a man of her father's choice, having been badly treated by him and a man whom she once considered marrying, and although the circumstances of Thea's fall from virue are revealed, it is done very, very slowly.

Thea's treatment then, and in the present has, understandably made her both fearful and wary of men in ge
Isabella Kai
Thea is a complex character. She has too much baggage in tow but I guess those things make her Thea; it makes her more touchable, more real. And among all the heroines I’ve encountered I think I relate most to Thea Winslow. Any woman who went through the same ordeal as Thea should be congratulated for not going insane. I liked that she took hold of her life and despite any repercussion, she abides by her decision. And I loved how she chooses to do the right thing even if it meant giving up her o ...more
thuy
Thea has been hiding from society for the last 8 years after the death of her fiancee under suspicious circumstances. Her father forces her back though in an attempt to marry her off once and for all. Richard Blakenhurst remembers Thea from her coming out ball. The young, smiling girl from his youth does not resemble the withdrawn woman who comes back into town. With Richard's help, though, Thea slowly begins to come out of her shell again and realizes that she has feeling for Richard. But befor ...more
Reading Fanatic
Romancekolik
Malesef sıkılarak okuduğum bir kitap oldu. İlk başta çeviri azizliğine sonrada yazarın azizliğine uğradı caanım hikaye. Olay döngüsü heyecanlı, ilginçti. Ama gel görün ki bir kadın karakterimiz var ki sabit fikirli, nuh dedi seninle evlenirim demedi. Oğlanımızda bir rahata eremedi. Sonuna doğru karşılıklı bir saçmalama girişiminde bulundular ki Yok artık dedirtti yazar :) Özetle bana göre sınıfta kaldı bu kitap.
Sevimli Hırsız
Böyle bir çeviriden sonra kitabı fazla suçlamasamda sonlarında araba kazası geçirip de, kazanın ardında Richard kendisini kurtarıp yaralanmışken onu değilde sorunlarını düşünen bir kızın ana karakter olduğu kitaba bu puan bile fazla...
shewhorefusestonameherself
Fantastic story. Makes me strongly yearn for Thea's brother to get a book. He's such a great presence. Favorite line of his (and he had many good ones): 'Believe me, I had every intention of being the brother-in-law from hell!'

Richard is, I suppose, a 'Beta hero'. Kinder and gentler than his twin brother (an Alpha, but also a decent person), he is exactly what Thea needs in her life as her father begins to force her to consider marriage after she's fended the idea off for years.

Precious, sweet,
Elizabeth Bennet
I was going to rate it 3 stars because the author was just cruel with her angst. LOL The ending cooled me off and I rate it 3.5 - 4 because it had a sweet ending.
Kirsti
I adored this book, and I'm loving the entire regency series. Admittedly, I turned my nose up to Mills and Boon/Harlequin in the past, believing them cheap entertainment, but I have found a niche with the Regency ones. I can't say I'm going to rush out and buy the general ones, or the doctor ones, or any other series but this one, but they are good. It focuses not just on the romance but the characters themselves, their families and their friends. This one had a particularly sad tale, but I won' ...more
Yolanda
i waited a long time to read this and was totally disappointed. i reread the first one so the characters would be fresh in my mind. im sorry i wasted my amazon credit on this book. it was nothing like the first one taht most people gave bad review and gave this one great reviews. so now i will only read the last book if its free. i wouldnt even recommend because its just boring. the first book was more interesing and a few sex scenes, this had a lot of sexual tension which bired me to death.
Deborah Sullivan
As you can tell if you see I read it in one day, I loved this book. It is the book I've wanted to write. Fortunately someone who can write fiction took it on. A romance about people with real problems in a time when they would have seemed insurmountable. Lovely relationship between the hero and heroine and excellent friends in the bargain.
Sheila
This is Richard's story, who we first met in 'His Lady Mistress'. I enjoyed this book, it is another that i will reread. If you read and enjoyed 'His Lady Mistress', then this is a must read. I would also recommend it to anyone that enjoys the historical romances.
Stephanie Williams
OMG, there are no words for how i felt when i started to read this book... and then when you find out.... I hate her dad and that mans family.... I luved the ending..... Just luved it
Sarai
Yeah for some reason this book did nothing for me and I think it might have made more sense if I had read her previous books. IDK I just didn't get it.
Robin
It was a cheap book on Kindle and I needed something to occupy my time. It wasn't a great book but it was a good romance that I did enjoy.
Tasneem
Typical of the genre. Not that inspiring but not bad either. I liked her spirit though I must admit the hero was dashing and swoon-worthy.
Coral
This one is not for me.... Story got bogged down, not enough action/dialogue, still it gave me a break from the paranormal.
Anne
This book is SO good. This is one of the best historical romances I have ever read!!! I highly recommend it. Fantastic!
Jacqueline
I'm just about 88% sure that I've read this before but I can't think when that might've happened...
Juliem
One good conversation early on and this book would have been over.
Holly
Ha. This was fun. Thanks for lending it to me, Ems.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
Not exactly what i expected. But not bad.
Cary
Can't even remember what this is about so...
Linda
It was a good book. Enjoyable fast read.
  • The Surgeon's Lady (Channel Fleet, #2)
  • His Cavalry Lady (Harlequin Historical, #936)
  • The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides, #1)
  • Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6)
  • The Shy Duchess
  • His Captive Lady (Devil Riders, #2)
  • The Rogue's Disgraced Lady
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • The Viscount's Kiss (Kiss Me, #4)
  • The Disgraceful Mr. Ravenhurst
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • The Wicked Earl  (Harlequin Historical Series, #843)
  • A Most Unconventional Match (Wellingfords, #3)
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • Married: The Virgin Widow
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • The Bride Raffle
We live in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia, in a beautiful lush valley full of apple, pear and cherry orchards. We moved here a couple of years back, escaping from the city and it’s just gorgeous. The property is small, only five acres, but we have room for two small noisy boys, three dogs, two cats and several woolly things masquerading a environmentally friendly lawnmowers. Before that we ...more
More about Elizabeth Rolls...
His Lady Mistress Lord Braybrook's Penniless Bride The Dutiful Rake The Unexpected Bride The Chivalrous Rake