Start by marking “Cowboy Crazy” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Crazy

Cowboy Crazy

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  223 ratings  ·  37 reviews
She kicked the country dust off her boots a long time ago…

Sarah Landon’s Ivy League scholarship transformed her from a wide-eyed country girl into a poised professional. Her job at the Carrigan Oil Company has given her the sophisticated life she longed for, but when she meets her boss’s black-sheep brother, she realizes her roots are showing.

But he’s ready to remind her s
Published June 5th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Crazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Crazy

SOS Aloha
I always wanted to be a cowboy, and Jedi Knights are basically cowboys in space, right? - Liam Neeson

Joanne Kennedy’s COWBOY CRAZY explores the timeless conflict of wanting to be something else. Readers will relate to Kennedy’s heroine, Sarah, as she seeks to escape her “country roots”. But fate intervenes and Sarah’s high powered job brings her back to the country to tangle with a cowboy named Lane. Lane has his own identity issues as a businessman who would rather play cowboy. Kennedy tackles
Cocktails and Books
I haven't read that many cowboy romance books, but I have to say I loved, loved, loved Lane Carrigan.

Having grown up with money and being shipped of to boarding school, Lane Carrigan longs for the type of life he had for two weeks each summer when he visited his grandfather's ranch in Two Shot, Wyoming. He's left the cooperate raiding to his younger brother and instead rides in the bull riding tour and he wants to leave little Two Shot just the way it is. Unfortunately, his little brother has o
Guilty Pleasures
Gennie's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Cowboy Crazy by Joanne Kennedy is a story set in the modern west about two opposites who aren’t quite so opposed as they would appear. Ms. Kennedy combines all the things that make a good western novel, hot cowboys, rodeo, horses, ranching, did I mention hot alpha cowboys and adds in just the right mix of sassy heroine and current politics to keep the story moving.

Susan
Good book. Sarah was very happy to leave her small town behind and reinvent herself. Now she's a public relations professional working for Carrigan Oil. Everything is great until her boss's older brother makes it known that he doesn't want them drilling on the family ranch and wrecking the small town he calls home. Now her boss wants her to go there and convince Lane and the townspeople that drilling will be a good thing. Her mission gets derailed when the attraction between the two of them take ...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Check out Lexi's 3-Wine Glass review of Cowboy Crazy at Reading Between the Wines!

"Cowboy Crazy is more than just a light romance, it is really a story about finding yourself and letting your mind heal." ~Lexi
Babs
Once again Joanne Kennedy pulls off another great romance western. She brings it all to the table with small towns, horses, ranches, rodeo's, cowboys, and a sassy yet charming heroine. Sarah left Two Shot when she graduated high school. She was ready to leave when he stepfather died. Roy died in a freak accident with her horse Flash and they sold him for a low price. She has blamed the buyer for all her families problems.

After graduating from college Sarah got a great job with Eric Carrigan. Eri
Blodeuedd Finland
A bit of cowboy loving, I should not say little. These two sure wanted each other at once and went for it. The trouble was the loving part, the passion was easy ;)

Sarah, I could understand her. Who wants to live in a dying town and with memories like that, so she left and created a new persona. Someone successful and from a good background, but she never lied. She is what Lane should be, but again also re-invented himself and threw away he privileged rich boy and tried his best to become a ranch
Coachlady1
The best thing about this book was the cover lol I felt that Kennedy could've cut at least 1/3 of it & still gotten the story across. Okay, so Sarah didn't want to be tied to her hometown. We get it. You don't have to keep telling us over & over & over & over. Yeesh. Also, we got that she had trust issues. Move on.
I honestly didn't really care for Sarah either. I actually thought she was a judgmental bitch, to tell the truth. A self-righteous, smug, condescending, pretentious wit
Alexia Chantel
Have you ever tried to be someone your not? Or pretended to be another person, keeping your true self hidden? There is danger there, because after a while your real self will kick down the door, grab a shot, and refuse to be locked up again.

Sarah goes through a traumatizing event, it scars her and she hasn’t recovered yet. Then in walks Lane, the confident cowboy who takes a second look at her and decides he wants her. Who is she to say no to that? Oh yeah, she works for his brother.

It is fun
Kat Latham
An emotional read about the dangers of hiding the person you really are

Sarah Landon escaped from tiny Two Shot, Wyoming, to go to an Ivy League school. But her sister's hard times have brought her back - well, to a small city an hour from Two Shot. Tragedy after tragedy haunted her teenage years, and she's traded in her spurs for heels and a suit.

Working in public relations at Carrigan Oil Company soon means that she has to relate to the public she was desperate to get away from. And it also me
Gennie Gee

I loved Lane Carrigan who is the bull-riding, bad boy hero of this story. Even though Lane was born with a silver spoon in his mouth
Pam
An engaging story about finding out who you are by looking at where you came from.

Sarah Landon hated where she came from and always thought that the grass would be greener on the other side. She left Two Shot, Wyoming to go to an Ivy League school and bury her past. She ends up working for Carrigan Oil Company in Wyoming, not far from her home town and even though she is close to home, she does not let anyone know she where she came from.

Sarah’s life growing up had several hardships. She lived
Paperback Dolls
Originally posted at PaperbackDolls.com.

I have to admit it took me a couple times to get into this book, but I blame since I’ve been on a Cat and Bones marathon and it was quite the switch from one genre to another. The final time I picked up this book I couldn’t remember why I had put it down in the first place. I thoroughly enjoyed Cowboy Crazy.

The characters for me were full of what real people are: love, laughter, and contradictions. I love complex characters but I’m also drawn to people who
Jacky Faber
I did not like this book. The protaginist was one screwed up person. I did not like her at all. One of the things I detest are phonies and Sarah is a first class phony. Raised poor in Two Shots, a small Wyoming town, she "escaped" by getting scholarships and attending Vassar and Harvard. She learns about good wine, art, etc. thinking this makes a high class person. I enjoy good wine, art, opera, the symphony, but I'm anything but high class. I enjoy them simply for what they are.

Another reason I
Heather Book Savvy Babe
I read and reviewed this book for Book Savvy Babe Blog

I enjoy reading cowboy romances, cowboys, especially the cowboys in Joanne Kennedy’s novels, have that rough and rugged, hard-working gentleman thing going on that make romance readers wish they could rope themselves a cowboy. In Cowboy Crazy, Joanne Kennedy writes a story about a girl who leaves the ranch, but she is still a cowgirl at heart.

Sarah Landon did not have the easiest life growing up in a small cow-town. She grew up loving horses
Lisa Jo

Joanne Kennedy strikes gold again with her latest release, COWBOY CRAZY. This novel is fun, sexy and wildly entertaining. Western romance fans should not pass this up!

Sarah Landon has spent her whole life trying to escape her past. Still running from the small town that broke her spirit when she was young, Sarah now plays the role of a successful, independent businesswoman. Working for Carrigan Corporation in Casper, Wyoming has been a dream come true until she becomes associated with an oil dri
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

When she left Two Shot, she had no intention of ever returning except to visit her sister and her niece. Now her job was taking her there and she’s been assigned to “work” the town and make them see just how drilling the land for oil would bring them benefits. It turns out to be much worse than she expected…

Ms. Kennedy picks a young woman with sad memories for her main character. She's not weak; she got a scholarship to Vassar and is
Patti Loves FAB Romance
3 1/2 stars...

Lane Carrigan might have been born rich, but he’s happiest when he’s bucking around on the back of a bull. As half owner of Carrigan Oil with his brother, Eric, Lane lets Eric handle the business end of things; he just wants to ride rodeos and run the family ranch. When a reporter catches him and asks about the company’s plan to drill on the ranch, he’s blindsided and upset. Lane wants to protect the town from “Big Oil” and maintain the small-town charm, even if it means going head
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Desere
Review Copy Provided by Netgalley

Hot and passionate cowboys and fun, but “I will not back down” kind of girls is what we have come to expect from Joanne Kennedy. And once again she has done just that. Only this time she has done it even better than before by taking two people and transferring the one from the rodeo king to lover and the other from boardroom rival to passionate friend.

The author totally rocked my world on this one, I mean reall
Jane
When I first started this book, I didn't think I as going to like it but it was an enjoyable read.
Sarah Landon has tried to hide her dirt poor, small town roots from Carrigan Oil and her boss Eric Carrigan. He thinks she is upper crust and Ivy League. He unknowingly sends her back to her hometown to get the townsfolks there to welcome oil drilling in and around the town on his brother's ranch. Sarah is also supposed to change Lane Carrigan's mind. Lane doesn't want his brother drilling on the ra
Anjelica
I loved Cowboy Crazy! It was a mix of sexy and sweet, but not too much sexy that it deviated from the plot. The story is about Lane Carrigan a rich boy turned bull rider and Sarah Landon a small-town girl turned poised professional. When Sarah first meets Lane (her boss's brother)she sees him as everything that she left, a cowboy, and she will do anything she can to ignore her strong feelings for him. But she can't. Whatever she does it seems like it brings her right back to Lane. Sarah and Lane ...more
Joanie
Great book. Interesting characters....Had read some reviews before I read it and wasn't sure if I would like the book because of the reviews. Alot of people did not like the main character Sarah because she left her small town and tried to make something of herself and distances herself from her small town. I think in life there are alot of people that do that..go off to college and get a corporate job and don't look back. Life is always greener on the other side or so we think.....but in the en ...more
NirahStar
Sep 03, 2014 NirahStar rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cowboy/country readers
Recommended to NirahStar by: Library browse
Shelves: 2014-read
Good book.
Teresa Lyons
I love this BOOK!!!!! I can not wait to read more from Joanne Kennedy!!!!
Ellen
Sarah suffers from inconsistent characterization, and the book suffers fro a form of lazy-writing. If I'm supposed to think a character (Lane) is all about competition you have to show me, if Gloria's meant to be a gold-digger why should I be happy about her drunkenly spilling Sarah's secrets and hooking up with her boss? No, really why?
Melinda
This is a first for me to actually like a book from beginning to the end. I fell in love with Joanne Kennedy and her imagination especially with a cowboy like this one. There is romance, passion, betrayal, heartache and most of all forgiveness. Joanne Kennedy definitely has a new reader in her side. Loved it.
Samm Serrinnitty
Really good read. It took me almost to the end of the book to really start liking the female lead. But that's just me.
ValerieC
I love this cover!

Like many other reviewers, I am not a great fan of Sarah Landon. I read quite a few books with characters like Sarah and I wonder how anyone could live for so many years with such delusional guilt and misplaced blame, and dislike of others, and actually function from day to day?
Kathy
Joanne Kennedy’s Cowboy Crazy is a delightful romance with an underlying storyline that gives the novel depth and substance. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://www.bookreviewsandmorebykathy....
Jenniffer
Fell in love with Lane.
  • Jesse  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #3)
  • Cowboy (The Harmony Series #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is a Cowboy (Valentine Valley, #.5)
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • The Unexpected (Macon Valley Ménage, #1)
  • Worth The Trouble (Texas Trouble, #9)
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Call Me Wild (Wild Thing #2)
  • The Officer Says "I Do" (Semper Fi, #1)
  • Roped
  • Misplaced Princess (Foreign Affairs, #1)
  • Relentless (Aspen, #1)
  • Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
  • The Cowboy and the Princess (Jubilee, Texas, #2)
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001
Laramie County

Books (Most Recent Publications First)

CowboyToughCoverSmall photo CowboyToughCoverSmall_zpsacac8d9d.jpg Cowboy Crazy Cover photo cowboycrazy-300_zps70ac7db3.jpeg Photobucket

Joanne Kennedy,Cowboy Fever,Western romance One Fine Cowboy Cowboy Trouble

Author Website: www.joannekennedybooks.com
Author Email:Joanne@JoanneKennedyBooks.com
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joanne-Kennedy-Books/114277591920110

Biographical and Professional Information

Joanne Kennedy's fascination with Wyoming’s unique blend of past and present leads her to write contemporary Western
More about Joanne Kennedy...
Cowboy Trouble Tall, Dark and Cowboy One Fine Cowboy Cowboy Fever Cowboy Tough