Start by marking “Heart of a Texan (Night Riders, #7)” as Want to Read:
Heart of a Texan (Night Riders, #7)

Heart of a Texan (Night Riders #7)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  118 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
In The Wrong Place...

Roberta didn't mean to hurt anyone. But the night the masked bandits raided her ranch, it was hard to tell friend from foe. She didn't know Nate Dolan was only trying to help when she shot him in the chest. And when he offers to help her catch the culprits, she only feels guiltier. The absolute least she can do is nurse the rugged cowboy back to health
Published November 6th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of a Texan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of a Texan

Tiffany
Oct 21, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Leigh Greenwood’s “Heart of a Texan” is about one young woman’s courageous fight to stand her ground in a man dominated world. Even though several offers of marriage would take her away from the back-breaking work of her farm, she plows ahead, unafraid of the obstacles hurtled at her from all sides. Standing her ground may mean standing up to friends and not letting idle gossip deter her. From the beginnings of death and tragedy, she finds forgiveness and love. This was a good read from the begi ...more
Sep 19, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I was truly bored with this book after the third chapter. Nate and Roberta kept having the same conversations over and over - almost verbatim, actually - and I didn't care one diddly about any of the characters. Even the bad guy was boring and practically non-existent. At least in Her Sky Cowboy, a steampunk romance I read last year that was pretty terrible in this department in particular, had a shadowy villain who was entertaining (although not really in a good way). I may skip the other books ...more
Linda Banche
Nov 11, 2012 Linda Banche rated it it was amazing
Leigh Greenwood gives us another of his rip-roaring, fast-paced, high adventure Western romances in HEART OF A TEXAN, the latest and last of his NIGHT RIDERS series.

The night when bandits attack her farm and kill her father, Roberta shoots one of the men. Trouble is, Nate isn’t a raider. A guilty Roberta reluctantly nurses Nate, one of the despised ranchers whom she’s convinced are responsible, back to health. As they talk, she comes to realize he may be different from his comrades.

Nate rode ove
Jan 27, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is not a review of a particular book per se but my thoughts on King Leigh.

If Willie Nelson, the enduring & amazing country writer/singer didn't perform in his chosen field, I could easily see him giving this author stiff competion. Willie writes & sings about cowboys & other drifters, Texas is generally a theme in his 3 minutes or less stories & cause/effects of life are laid out. Leigh Greenwood does the very same work but in the mass market romance sub-genre of Americana.
Lisa Jo
Oct 19, 2013 Lisa Jo rated it really liked it
HEART OF A TEXAN by Leigh Greenwood is another stellar addition to the Night Riders series. Ms Greenwood takes a rough rancher and a rebellious young woman on a fascinating journey about love and revenge.

Nate Dolan was always one to lend a helping hand, so when he comes home to see his neighbor's ranch on fire, he rushes over to help. He's shocked to see the Tryon ranch under attack and its owner viciously murdered. Next thing he knows, he is shot by the rancher's daughter, Roberta Tryon. Since
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Out of nowhere, riders stormed onto the ranch and began running off stock and setting the barn aflame. Roberta’s father goes out to stop them and they taunt him and deliberately shoot him to death. She runs out to help when they ride away, but there’s no hope. When she hears a rider returning, she shoots him. Unfortunately he was not one of the raiders, he was her neighbor…

Nate has to stay at Roberta’s because of his injury and blood
Arshia
Sep 19, 2012 Arshia rated it it was ok
Russell
Oct 26, 2012 Russell rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads-win
I won this book on First Reads at Goodreads website and it's the first one i've read by Greenwood. He has done a great job of writing from a woman's viewpoint. I think he understands women better than Nate Dolan in the book. There was some dilly-dallying around about her not loving him and him not loving her, but they finally came to thier senses and found thier own idententies. Most of it was pretty predictable. There was a little violence thrown in which helped bring them together and over all ...more
Michael
Oct 19, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This was a book I could not stop reading or put down as I neared the end of the story. A romantic western mystery is how I would characterize the book. Highly recommend this book I won as "first reads' winner.
I do believe women would enjoy this story more than men, but all in all I fully enjoyed the mystery and adventure as the story flowed easily and kept my interest throughout the book. So happy to have won this book that introduced me to an author I probably would of never heard of and will
Theresa
Oct 27, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing
This romance is set in Texas after the Civil War. Roberta lives on a farm
with her father when he's murdered by riders on the night she mistakenly shots Nate Dolan as one of the riders. Liked the pace of the story and
the mystery of who was behind the murder. Nate's a believable hero trying to deal with things from his past and Roberta a spunky lady trying to figure out who killed her father.
ReadingWench
Oct 05, 2012 ReadingWench rated it really liked it
Leigh Greenwood has done it again. How a man can write a romance so well is beyond me. His characters, setting and plot all had me engaged.

It was great to see the Night Riders again in HEART OF A TEXAN. There are a few predictable things that happen, but then there are the surprises. At one point I couldn't read anymore. I thought, woah, what? Did that just happen?

A great read.
Sep 14, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read. Unlike many romances Roberta is a very strong woman and not to be over run even though she is in a land of men in Texas. Well written..felt very attached to Nate and Roberta both.
I have read other books by Leigh Greenwood and have enjoyed them as well. She does not disappoint.
I received this book from Goodreads.com.
Janice
Apr 06, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing
Heart of a Texan is MY kind of book!! I LOVE the story and the characters. There is nothing better than a good, Texan gentleman and Nate was certainly that!! Great, good, clean romance and a great story. Thank you Leigh Greenwood for the awesome book!! Thank you Goodreads for another fantastic giveaway!
Angief
Sep 18, 2012 Angief rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I really like both Nate and Roberta's characters. This book has just the right mount of romance and romantic tension. I have not read any other books by Greenwood but I hope to read more from this series.

i received a free copy of this book through GoodReads FirstReads.
Colena
Jan 22, 2013 Colena rated it really liked it
Thanks to Goodreads for this book.

From the first few pages of this book I was instantly hooked.
I really enjoyed reading this one, this will be one I would recommend to my friends and anyone else who enjoys a good romance book. :)

Christy
Jan 22, 2013 Christy rated it liked it
I didn't expect the way Laverie died in the this book. Great series.
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Alayne W. Livingston
Alayne W. Livingston rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Rena
Rena marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
judith berry
judith berry rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Lori Fox
Lori Fox rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Donna Harris
Donna Harris marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Patty Petrovich
Patty Petrovich marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Randie Cilk
Randie Cilk rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Jennifer Leighton
Jennifer Leighton marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Elayne Cox
Elayne Cox rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
  • Rafe's Redemption
  • Mystic Montana Sky (The Montana Sky Series Book 6)
  • Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1)
  • Wyoming Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • The Bad Man's Bride (Marrying Miss Bright, #1)
  • Romancing Olive
  • Passage West
  • The Gunslinger's Untamed Bride (Bride, #2)
  • Desperate Hearts
  • Holt's Gamble (Wild Western Hearts Series #1)
  • Matthew (Circle Eight, #1)
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • Texas Mail Order Bride (Bachelors of Battle Creek, #1)
  • Brides of Prairie Gold (Dangerous Men, #2)
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • Chasing the Sun (Blood Rose, #3)
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • Gideon (The Surprise Brides #3)

Night Riders (7 books)
  • Texas Homecoming (Night Riders, #1)
  • Texas Bride (Night Riders, #2)
  • Born to Love (Night Riders, #3)
  • Someone Like You (Night Riders, #4)
  • When Love Comes (Night Riders, #5)
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)