Start by marking “A Marriage of the Heart” as Want to Read:
A Marriage of the Heart

A Marriage of the Heart

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Three Kelly Long Amish novellas—available for the first time in one collection.

Christmas Cradles—When Anna takes over for her aunt, the local midwife, Christmas night heats up with multiple deliveries, three strangers' quilts, and unexpected help from the handsome, brooding Asa Lapp.

A Marriage of the Heart—Since her mother’s death, Abigail Kauffman has lived alone with her
Published November 6th 2012 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Marriage of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Marriage of the Heart

Rhonda Gayle
I had read A Perfect Secret when it was released on its own and enjoyed it. I did not remember all of the details, though, and read it again. Each of the three novellas gave me such a good feeling. It made me think of my own first love, giving birth to my own daughters, and the wonderful experiences I had. Rose made me think of adventure and the discontent that the ordinary, safe, life can leave us with each day. You will love reading how Rose and Luke find a way to "spice up life".
Anna and Asa
Kay
3 Amish Novellas

A Perfect Secret
I thought this story seemed a bit unrealistic. But on the other hand, maybe that is because my brain is flashing, “Danger! Danger!” Rose is very trusting and naïve. Her behavior is not in the least prudent, but she is young and curious. Also, being Amish, she probably didn’t have any experience with the deceitful ways of the world, so she felt no fear of unnamed possibilities.

With all that being said, this is a sweet and innocent love story with quite a bit of hum
Brandi
A MARRIAGE OF THE HEART (A Collection of Amish Novellas) - Kelly Long
(*SPOILER ALERT!!!*)
A Perfect Secret
Oh my word, this novel is so cute! And soo romantic! (swoon)
Luke is a wonderful, mysterious, charming sweetheart! He's so romantic. And his Englisch side - or should I say, his true self - is so tantalizing, and mysterious, and amazing! Yikes, he gives me shivers!
Rose is so sweet, and passionate, and daring! Such an adventurer. I like her spunk too. Can't blame her for being confused about Lu
Kristin
A Marriage of the Heart is three Kelly Long Amish novellas—available for the first time in one collection. Since it is a 3-in-1 collection I will be reviewing each story individually within this review. Something I have never done previously! So, bear with me if it is rough around the edges!

A Perfect Secret:
Rose has accepted her best friend's marriage proposal but she secretly wishes for something more. While she loves him as a friend she desires to feel that spark of romance from him. That mome
Raya Whitehouse
A PERFECT SECRET
It a great story. There is some one steals from others in the Amish community. Though no one knows who or why at first, the reasoning is heart filling.

Luke and Rose are to be married, now that Rose accepted his proposal. They were best friends since they were kids. Rose finds out Luke is hiding something and you could never guess what until it is literally spelled out. They had a good ending. I loved the descriptions.

CHRISTMAS CRADLES
Awesome story about Anna, who is a mid-wife. S
Title: A MARRIAGE OF THE HEART
Author: Kelly Long
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
November 2012
ISBN: 978-1401687564
Genre: Amish

These three novellas by Kelly Long were all published before in three different collections with Thomas Nelson—An Amish Love, An Amish Wedding, and An Amish Christmas, expanded edition. I have read all these books previously and loved them, and it is nice to have all of Kelly Long’s novellas in one collection.

A Perfect Secret—Rose Bender has always known she’d marry her long time
Maureen Timerman
The first story...A Perfect Secret, is not really a perfect one. We meet Rose and her intended Luke Raber. This one is a very different, not what one expects! We are taken on late night adventures, and some not so nice accidents. Also some very caring [???] bouquets of flowers!
In Christmas Cradles we have a beautiful story of Romance and Forgivness. Asa and Anna..Anna being a midwife and ending up delivering three babies, while Asa is her buggy driver, and assistant.
Reliving mistakes made as a
Nicole Flothe
I recently finished reading A Marriage of the Heart. Of course, I fell in love with the name of the book! There were three stories included, all about Amish couples and their struggles in their lives. I really enjoy a good romance and found myself wanting to know how things were going to work out for them. It's fun when I find a great book that pulls me in and it feels like I'm in another world.

The first story, A Perfect Secret, is about two lifelong friends that we're happy with each other but
Amber Stokes
Three novellas by Kelly Long from separate collections (An Amish Wedding, An Amish Christmas, and An Amish Love) are brought together in one book - with an absolutely lovely cover, perfect for the upcoming winter season, might I add! For those who love Amish stories with an extra dose of romance, Long is the author to know.

"A Perfect Secret," while certainly an intriguing story to begin with, is probably my least favorite of the three. It comes across as rather far-fetched with a strange premise
Anastacia
I got this book to read through the wonderful Book Sneeze program. I don't tend to read novellas (I like to sink my teeth into a book) but I do like reading Amish books & I've read & reviewed Long before.

This book is 3 separate stories in one: A Perfect Secret, A Marriage of the Heart & Christmas Cradles.

A Perfect Secret was a little weird to me - Amish man, running off in the middle of the woods, wearing & pretending to be English. I didn't particularly get into this one or eve
Brenda
"A Marriage of the Heart" consists of three short novellas written by one of my favorite Amish authors Kelly Long. Short and satisfying is how I would describe them.

"A Perfect Secret" Rose Bender was certain that she knew her fiance Luke Lantz, but when she discovers a secret that he has been keeping, it causes her to question what she really knows about him?

"A Marriage of the Heart" is the story of Abigail Kauffman and Joseph Lambert. When a lie forces these two to be married, they decide to
♥Robin ♥
This book is composed of three short novellas with "A Marriage of the Heart" being my favorite. Each story was good in it's own right which made the book twice as good as a whole. I must admit the situations that the characters found themselves in aren't what I usually find in the Amish fiction which makes them more interesting and exciting. I was easily drawn in to each story and sad when each one ended. The cookie recipes look wonderful and hopefully I will get to make them sometime. I have no ...more
Jen (waiting for the light to change)
The stories were predictable, but sweet. I listened to the audiobook and the narrators were HORRIBLE. They read too fast and rushed through obvious sentence breaks. They didn't even try to differentiate between the different characters. I'd probably read more of this author, but actually read the books instead of listen to them. ;)
Cheri
Dec 07, 2012 Cheri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: amish
LOVED IT!!! Three short stories by Kelly Long. A Perfect Secret/
Christmas Cradles/A Marriage of the Heart. Kelly Long is my favorite author who writes Amish books. I really enjoyed all of the stories, but my favorite was A Marriage of the Heart. I had a hard time putting this book down, I stayed up late reading this one.
Brenda
Cute stories of hope, forgiveness and faith. Each story felt too short for me however and each seemed to end before any resolution that made me feel I had reached the end of the character's journey or experience. I'm starting to feel that novellas may not give me the HEA wrap up I need as a reader.
Lori
I think Kelly Long is my favorite Amish Romance author. This book had three novellas in it. I was disappointed in the first story, the ending just seemed to drop and I was left hanging. But I liked the second story, and absolutely loved the third!
While I like all three stories in this book, I think A Marriage of the Heart is my favorite. I recommend this to anyone who likes Amish stories and witty humor. I will be reading more from Kelly Long.
Joan Lovemore-hope
I might to look for more of Kelly Long's Amish series. Most of the other Amish novels I have read prior to this were downright boring! The last of the three novellas was the best.
Megan
I loved how each of these 3 stories tied to each other. If you love Amish stories than this book is a must read!
Marg
Excellent stories
Jenny
Jenny is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Skip Grable
Skip Grable marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Natalia Mejia
Natalia Mejia marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Donna J
Donna J marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Heart Made New (The Bliss Creek Amish #2)
  • Faithful to Laura (Middlefield Family #2)
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • Miriam's Quilt (Forever After in Apple Lake #3)
  • Love Comes to Paradise (The New Beginnings, #2)
  • Christmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection: The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, The Dawn of Christmas
  • Katie Opens Her Heart (Emma Raber's Daughter, #1)
  • Brush of Angel's Wings (Heaven On Earth #2)
  • Hannah's Joy (Pleasant Valley, #6)
  • An Amish Kitchen
  • The Lesson (Stoney Ridge Seasons #3)
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • A Quilt for Jenna (Apple Creek Dreams, #1)
  • A Wedding for Julia (The Pebble Creek Amish #3)
  • Abby Finds Her Calling (Home at Cedar Creek, #1)
  • Promised To Another (Amish of Seymour County, #3)
  • The Tempted Soul (Amish Quilt, #3)
  • Pastures of Faith (Amish of Lancaster #3)
Sarah's Garden (Patch of Heaven, #1) Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2) Threads of Grace (Patch of Heaven #3) Arms Of Love (An Amish Beginnings Novel) The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain