Alienation

Alienation (C.H.A.O.S. #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  337 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Earth's last line of defense against the coming alien invasion is 16-year-old surfer Colt McAlister.

But before he can save the world, he has to survive the day.

All Colt wants to do is return to his old life . . . where aliens don't exist . . . where mankind hasn't been targeted for destruction . . . and where his parents are still alive. Unfortunately life doesn't work tha...more
Published November 6th 2012 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Alienation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alienation

Julien Carroll
Jan 07, 2014 Julien Carroll rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People of all ages
Recommended to Julien by: My English teacher
Celine
The next instalment in the C.H.A.O.S. series, Alienation is definitely action-packed. And with action-packed I mean PACKED. One moment we're flying around with jetpacks, trying to evade a tank-size wasp. Just moments later we're attacked by some scary shapeshifting assassin.

I had this whole nice long and thoughtful review planned out, but Goodreads decided this was a perfect moment to start some maintenance. So it was deleted. I will thus be making a nice pro-con list!

Pro:
- Tons and tons of acti...more
Mary Grace
Originally posted at The Solitary Bookworm

Alienation is book two in the CHAOS trilogy by Jon S. Lewis and it was as good as Invasion.

Funny thing, I’ve read Alienation before I read Invasion thinking it was book one. Lo and behold, I was wrong all along. Good thing though, Alienation can be read stand alone.

Picks up right after Invasion and continues the story as Sam, Oz and
Danielle enters as CHAOS agents. Invasion already gives us an idea that these three would be part of the prestigious agency...more
Tahlia Newland
This is the second in a series and I didn’t read the first one, however the story included enough reference to the first book that I got the necessary background.

The story.
The story is that of a sixteen year old boy and his two friends one a boy and the other a girl computer whiz. It’s set in our world after WW3. Alien races have been discovered, and the Thule, six armed shape shifters, have used up all the resources on their home planet and have targeted earth as their next home. They’re prepa...more
Julie Witt
I received an ecopy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

This book is the second installment in the C.H.A.O.S. series by Jon S. Lewis. C.H.A.O.S. stands for Central Headquarters Against the Occult and Supernatural.

From Goodreads: "After his parents were killed in a car accident, Colt McAllister was drawn into a world he thought only existed in comic books-one where mind control, jet packs, and flying motorcycles don't even scratch the surface."

Colt, Danielle and Oz are...more
Rachel's Book Reviews

Perfection in a book if I ever saw it.

This is sequel to 'Invasion.' When I saw Alienation on Netgalley, I almost died of happiness.

You know, I review more fantasy than any other catagory, but Sci-fi has always been my favorite. A lot of people wonder why, or worse, wonder what's the difference between the two. While this isn't the perfect example, the reason I love sci-fi so much is becuase it's POSSIBLE.

Fantasy is fantasy. I highly doubt any one will ev...more
Kayle
I loved the first book and looked forward to reading this one, hoping it would be just as good. I was not disappointed.

Colt, Danielle, and Oz have all been accepted into the CHAOS top secret academy to train to become agents. The problem is, someone seems to want Colt dead. Meanwhile, Colt discovers a secret about his past that will change everything he though he knew about his future. Now he's the only one that can save Earth from the Thule.

Colt has grown a lot since we first met the surfing co...more
Whitney
So, Alienation, the sequel to Invasion. I finished this book a lot quicker than its prequel, but not because I enjoyed it more. As seen by my ratings, Alienation has three stars just like Invasion. I'd say I enjoyed this book just as much, if not a little less, than Invasion.

Alienation is set a few months after the events that took place in Invasion. Humans are now aware of the existence of aliens, but the government is doing everything they can do to prevent mass panic. What the general popula...more
Louisa
Really great book, really enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read the next (and last, I think) book. Yep!
Megan  Nicole
This review first appeared on Books i View / I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

Alienation by Jon S. Lewis is an action-packed exciting installment of the C.H.A.O.S. series by Jon S. Lewis; which will be sure to please fans of the first book.

Alienation picks up right after Invasion as Colt, Oz and Danielle are about to become C.H.A.O.S. agents. The plot intensifies as someone is out to kill Colt and it could be anyone within the C.H.A.O.S agency.

I love the friendship between Co...more
star_fire13
This wasn't as good as the first one. I feel like there was a lot of good stuff at the beginning and in the last chapter, but that a good chunk of the middle was filler. Fuck, several chapters were just outlining what was going on on a virtual simulation!

So Lobo has been arrested. I wasn't expecting that to happen so fast. I still don't trust Oz. I'm excited for Pierce. He seems like the kind of privileged bully he could make things interesting for Colt. Also, I still want Danielle with Colt, no...more
 ☆∞Bellas☮ ♥Shelf∞☆

To say this is an Y.A. Novel is to mean it literally. While it was very well written & entertaining, it is undoubtedly going to appeal to young men between 10-18 (adults too) more than young ladies & women. That's just MY opinion however. Some young ladies & women may love it to pieces.
As we begin book 2 in this series, we have seen Colt go from typical teenage boy believing Aliens were comic book fodder, to being the key player in an intergalactic (soon to be) war.
Having lost his p...more
Wendy Hines
I have to admit I was a little confused in the beginning of Alienation. I did not read the first book in the series, Invasion, but Lewis did a good job of catching the reader up in the first few chapters. Colt and his best friends Danielle and Oz are working hard, waiting until they enter the C.H.A.O.S Academy - a military academy where they will be trained to defend Earth against alien shape shifters.

There's a deadly virus that has erupted, killing anyone in its path within 48 hours. A biologi...more
Cassie
Alienation is the second action packed book in the C.H.A.O.S series by Jon Lewis. I was first introduced to this book when I signed up for the book tour through Litfuse but after reading about it, I knew it was going to be a fun read. I was a little hesitant when I received the book because I had not yet read the first book in the series but it turns out I had no reason to worry. The author did a wonderful job of filling the reader in, and although I hope you read the series from the beginning,...more
Jaime (Twisting the Lens)
All of my reviews are originally published at:
___________________________________________________________

Colt McAllister is just a normal 16-year-old boy who loves to surf and play video games with his friends. He spends his days doing normal things in his normal home. Wait. No. Back up. That is not right at all. Colt McAllister is anything but normal, as he found out when aliens began to invade Earth and he was charged with saving the planet. That is when t...more
Ms. Yingling
Colt is back with his friends Oz and Danielle. They are concerned because the government is warning people away from a nuclear reactor meltdown, but the real problem is an alien virus from which no one recuperates. There are too many things going on to worry about that for too long. Oz's father, Lobo, has hired Krone, a Thule shape-shifting assasin, to kill senator Bishop, who is a friend of Colt's grandfather, The Phantom Flyer. Once Bishop is dead, Krone comes after Colt, although Colt doesn't...more
Cody
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway, but being the second in the series I had to go read the first one beforehand. After finishing the first book, I got a little depressed knowing that reading this book was in the foreseeable future.
I'll admit that the preface of the book, where the author got us caught up on what happened in the first book via a comic book based on the characters of this book was pretty clever. Also there was a line in one of the first chapters where it was stated that CHA...more
Janina
This is the second installment of the C.H.A.O.S series called Alienation by Jon S. Lewis. After everything with the invasion, Colt and his two best friends, are about to begin training at the Chaos Academy, The Central Headquarters Against the Occult and Supernatural academy. But as things soon get underway, Colt finds out that someone wants him dead, but who would want to kill him and who could get past safety and security of the within the Academy's wall.

I really enjoy the characters in this s...more
Victor Gentile
Jon S. Lewis in his new book “Alienation” Book Two in the C. H.A. O. S. series published by Thomas Nelson returns us to the future world preparing against an alien invasion.

From The Back Cover: Earth’s last line of defense against the coming alien invasion is 16-year-old surfer Colt McAlister.

But before he can save the world, he has to survive the day.

All Colt wants to do is return to his old life . . . where aliens don’t exist . . . where mankind hasn’t been targeted for destruction . . . and w...more
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
Review:

Alienation is the 2nd book in the C.H.A.O.S. trilogy and picks up shortly after Invasion left off. I'm just going to say it, I love this series!! It really just keeps getting better and better! I was so concerned Alienation would suffer middle book syndrome. So I was definitely pleasantly surprised that this was not the case.

One of my favorite things about Alienation was its perfect pacing. My focus remain glued to the page, my mind never having a chance to wander. I read Alienation in on...more
Alexis Neal
The adventures of orphaned surfer teen Colt McAlister continue as he and his two best friends--hacker prodigy Danielle and uber-buff warrior-to-be Oz--prepare for their training at the super secret C.H.A.O.S. academy. Which would be more than enough to keep these teenagers busy without the near-fatal 'accidents' that seem to dog Colt's steps everywhere he goes. Is someone out to kill him? Who? And why? Can Colt solve the mystery before it's too late?

In this sequel, Lewis wisely returns to the mo...more
Cristy
I have to say I was impressed with J.S. Lewis’s second installment in the The C.H.A.O.S. Trilogy. In my opinion ALIENATION is a pretty strong read, continuing the story of Colt McAlister with his pals Oz and Danielle as they start their training as cadets at the CHAOS Academy. Although Colt is still a reluctant participant; after all that’s happened, he doesn’t feel at this point that really has much choice in the matter.

In ALIENATION we really get a better look into the characters themselves....more
Brenten Gilbert
In 2010-2011, aliens seemed to be making a huge impression on the pop culture psyche. In the movies, the studios released Skyline, Cowboys and Aliens, Transformers, I Am Number Four, Battle: Los Angeles, and even Mars Needs Moms. On television, shows like Flashforward, The Event, and Falling Skies constantly reminded us that an alien invasion was all but imminent. Given this media attention, the ground was certainly fertile for an Christian alien book series. And that's exactly what we've got he...more
Lis Carey
This is the second volume in a fun little series about teenagers who are The Only Hope for Earth's resistance to alien invasion. No, that doesn't make much sense, but, really, it doesn't have to. Lewis gives us an engaging group of teenage friends, a secret government agency that's supposed to be the main line of defense but may be compromised, secret heroes and villains, and a fast pace with neat stuff happening on nearly every page.

The intended audience is young adult readers, but if you can l...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
I received a free copy of Alienation (The title was what caught my attention) from Amazon Vine. This is book two in the trilogy. I have not read book one but I did not have any trouble keeping up. There was a lot of back-story dropped in small snippets throughout the book and it was enough to keep me from feeling lost. In addition, issue 12 of The Phantom Flyer, The Menace of the Thule comic book is at the beginning of the book. That let me know who was who before I ever started to read the book...more
Kaylea
For Colt McAlister, life changed dramatically when his parents were killed in a car accident - which wasn't quite the accident people initially thought.

Through a series of events, Colt learns of a world that he never imagined - filled with jet packs, flying motorcycles and a grandfather who was the "Flying Phantom" during World War II.

Colt wants to be normal, but normal is no longer an option.

Instead he finds himself in the midst of a epic battle to save his life - and attend school at a top sec...more
Melissa
Alienation A C.h.a.o.s. Novel Book 2 is about a teenage boy named Colt McAlister and his friends Oz and Danielle. This book follows the teens as they get ready to start military training to fight aliens. They run in to some trouble along the way.

Someone in C.h.a.o.s. want's Colt dead and Colt thinks that Oz may be involved in the plot. This book tests the friends relationship. Because Colt thinks Oz is involved, he tried avoiding him or leaving information out.

New characters and monsters are i...more
Lucinda
Book two in the C.H.A.O.S trilogy (Alienation) exceeds all expectations, with its intense plot full of twists and turns and much suspense that leaves you breathless. Cyber attacks, alien invasions and flying spaceships this science-fiction extravaganza will delight fans both young and old who enjoy this genre, and are looking to read something original and new. Each chapter ends on a dramatic cliffhanger that makes you want to read on hence this book is so engrossing from beginning to end, maint...more
Alienation (C.H.A.O.S. Series #2)

by. Jon S. Lewis

4 Star Rating

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9781595547545
Publisher: Nelson, Thomas, Inc.
Publication date: 1/3/2012
Pages: 288
Sales rank: 86,672
Age range: 11 – 15 Years
Series: C.H.A.O.S. Series , #2
Product dimensions: 5.50 (w) x 8.50 (h) x 1.00 (d)

Summary: We catch up with Colt, Danielle, and Oz as they are getting ready to go to the CHAOS military academy. The boys are practicing obstacle courses with their jet packs when an alien wasp comes out o...more
Andrew
Alienation has a lot of action packed events with weird aliens hunting down the humans. I could connect with the main character Colt. He was relatable because he experienced traumatic situations in his life. He witnessed his own parent's death and he overcame that event with determination. He faced the giant aliens with tremendous courage and speed. The aliens were trying to kill him and he continued to fight for the world safety. He had to learn to stand up for what he believed was right. I wou...more
  • Elder (Firstborn Trilogy, #3)
  • If We Survive
  • Passenger (The Marbury Lens, #2)
  • Crimson Rising (Skyship Academy #2)
  • Alibi Junior High
  • The Taker
  • Eye of the Sword (The Angelaeon Circle, #2)
  • Dear Julia
  • His Island Bride (The Bride #4)
  • Crater (Helium-3, #1)
  • Inside the Walls of Troy: A Novel of the Women Who Lived the Trojan War
  • Sneak (Swipe, #2)
  • The Orphan King (Merlin's Immortals, #1)
  • The Passions of Dr. Darcy
  • My Lunatic Life (Lunatic Life, #1)
  • She Speaks to Angels (AngelFire Chronicles, #1)
  • The Realms Thereunder (The Ancient Earth, #1)
Invasion (C.H.A.O.S., #1) Domination (C.H.A.O.S., #3) The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1) Megamatrix: Hero Within The Relic Hunters (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #2)

“Oz had access to information the rest of the world didn't know existed. His dad was the director of an organization called CHAOS-Central Headquarters Against the Occult and Supernatural. They were a bit like the CIA or the FBI, but instead of going after drug cartels or spying on the Russians, they protected the world from nightmares like bioengineered monsters, alien life forms, and sparkling vampires.” 1 likes
“All right," he said. "My name is Oswaldo Alexander Romero, I was born right here in Virginia, and I like romantic comedies, books about sparkling vampires, and long walks on the beach.” 1 likes