Start by marking “Sametingel (Montgomery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sametingel (Montgomery, #5)

Sametingel (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  8,298 ratings  ·  104 reviews
Ajaloolise armastusromaani tegevustik toimub 16. sajandi alguse Inglismaal.
Miles Montgomery saab kingituseks vaipa mässitud alasti neiu. Kingiks on Elizabeth Chatworth, kelle perekonnaga seob Montomery'e äge vihavaen.
Published 1997 by AS Singoni (first published 1983)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
As this is the end of the Velvet saga I will be doing a series review first and then a short review for book 4 so if you’re interested in this historical romance series ignore my other individual reviews and read this consolidated one.

******************

SERIES REVIEW

“You’ll love only once in your life. You’ll take your time in giving your love but once it is given, no power on earth – or hell – will break that love.”

I wish there was a Velvet saga boxed set on GR because overall I give this se
Camaro
******** 4.5 Epic Historical Stars ********

I really really liked this last instalment in the Velvet Saga by Jude Deveraux. I may have not loved it, but it was a worthy ending to a series of books I first read in high school and revisited so many years later with high hopes. I'm using this review to review the series as a whole, because with these books, if you liked one you will probably like them all. If you hated the first one then the rest will probably not be your cup of tea, even if the her
KatieV
Kinda OT - but I'm beginning to wonder if I don't automatically give an extra star to anything audio if the narrator is halfway decent. Am I that lazy that the idea of not turning a page gains an entire star? Oh well...

This is the grand finale of the Velvet saga. The h, Elizabeth Chatworth, is the sister of the series' villain, Roger Chatworth. She's paired up with the youngest Montgomery brother, Miles.

Elizabeth is one of my favorite heroines of the series. She's pretty mature for 18 and doesn
Sabrina Sam
Nik
I'm so wishy-washy with books. What I will accept from one book, I can't tolerate from another. Most of this has to do with the author's presentation and skill... I usually like this author. Some of the first romance books I read were by Jude Deveraux, but I wasn't and am still not fond of this book. The "hero" has "bastards" running around but that's okay because there are only four and the hero has them in his custody. Yeah...would it kill you to be a little more discreet about where you sprea ...more
Bonnie
You know, I don't normally do this. Giving a book one star says a lot for me and I guess I am making a statement. On page 19 of this book it reads -"I will grow so dirty I will look like a Nubian slave and my hair will crawl with lice ..."

Pretty unacceptable that 1. author wrote this line and 2. Editor didn't get it out and 3. Still in a book after original print date of 1983.

I wanted something to make me forget issues. This certainly didn't do it and really, I'm soured on the author. What I al
Sharyn
Although I liked Miles in the previous books, I did not really like this story. Elizabeth was kidnapped and "gifted" to him, so she was his? Did like that Elizabeth hated men because of the abuse of her brother, and Miles did realize this and was patient, but his goal was to bed her. Of course they fell in love and then he thought she "betrayed" him, so he ignored her and, just as his brothers did, did not seek her out after the birth of their child. There was an epilogue that summed up the tale ...more
Joy
Feb 13, 2011 Joy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joy by: Johanie
I should've read this last, but I read it after “Highland Velvet” and got a little summary of “What Happened to Everybody”. Based on my experience reading historical romance with extremely rakish characters, the hero is always different from what he presents on the outside. This one is no different. While I prefer rakes the least, Ms Deveraux really built Miles's character, introduced him in a new light.

He has bastards and he loves them, knows their names, and is not ashamed of admitting how the
Dawn
5 times a thousand stars. WOW. WOW. WOW. I had read this whole series a long time ago and I honestly don't remember loving this book soooooo much. I am not re-reading them in order. I have read 1 (Gavin), 3 (Raine) and lastly 4 (Miles) I do plan to read 2 (Stephen) ASAP. I read the whole book in about 24 hours. I work, have 3 children and am currently planning 2 birthday parties, so that is really saying something. VERY fast read.

Miles the youngest of the Montgomery brothers has received a gift,
Wendy
This is the 4th and final book in the Velvet Series but not in the Montgomery family of books. It's a great story and the ending gives you a peek at where everyone finally ends up. As well as leaving you wishing to follow the family to present day. These stories were all written in the 1980s, and I read them the first time in the 90s,and have since reread them many times. This recent time I wondered if they'd hold up against all the others historical romances I've read since reading them the fir ...more
Red Austin
I don't want the adventure of the four Montgomery brothers to end. They have been through many tragedies, dangerous escapades and it was while I was reading the "Velvet Series" that I felt I was with them. This is definitely a great factor to tell everyone how great and how SUBLIME the series really is!!!

The story had made me give every emotion that there is in the world. I have been angered by the Montgomery's arrogance, pride, great impatience, and hardheadedness. I had cried so many times be
Te
I haven't read a Montgomery book for years until this. The story was just okay, but the way Jude put the Montgomerys together made the entire novel more fun! It's like catching up with old friends. Lol

Anyway, Jude Deveraux remains to be one of my favorite historical romance authors of all time. I'd love to read about the story of that present generation Montgomery girl (and Taggart guy) she mentioned in the epilogue, but I still haven't figured out which book that is yet. Help please! Haha
Sarai
She came to him as a precious gift, a naked angel rolled in a rug. Once he gazed into her green eyes, saw her tangle of honey blonde hair, he was undone with passion. Elizabeth would never surrender. He was a hated Montgomery - she was a Chatworth - and the blood war between their families raged on, a wildfire of rape, murder, and betrayal. Elizabeth vowed to fight the handsome lord, to resist the burning desire in his eyes - no matter how great the temptation.

The hero, Miles, was one of my favo
Geovanna Maya
(3.5)
Es un libro que empezó bien pero honestamente a mi el protagonista nunca termino de convencerme y así fue hasta el final, no me agrado. Y por otro lado, la protagonista, en un principio me agradaba que mostrara fuerza y todo, pero entre más avanzaba la historia perdía a la mujer fuerte y valerosa para convertirse en una tonta, lo siento pero eso me pareció.
El final se me hizo pasable por los personajes secundarios que hicieron los últimos capítulos más aceptables.
Ana Mayoca
What can I say about the 4th book? It was really lovely! Although, I've started with the Velvet Song then proceeded with the Velvet Angel, I could say that I already love the Saga. Judith and Gavin's story was intriguing as much as Bronwyn and Stephen's and I regretted not reading their stories first.

Out of the four brothers, I must say that I love Miles the best. He loves like a child, pure and whole. I also love his protectiveness towards women. It's no wonder that women flock by his side. I
Jen
When Elizabeth Chatworth is delivered naked, wrapped in a rug at Miles Montgomery's feet, he believes she looks like an angel. When she grabs an ax and slices his arm, he know she's the woman for him. Wooing Elizabeth is easy, winning her trust is another matter. For Elizabeth she's heard nothing but evil things about the Montgomery's but Miles is different. Falling in love and trusting Miles takes all her courage and turning her back on her family is more than she can bear. When she, Miles and ...more
Misty
ah the last of the velvet series....

Okay I will say this, Jude Deveraux was the first romance author I ever read. The velvet series being the first books by her.
I really like Elizabeth's attitude. She speaks her mind and does not give a dang what other people think or how they look at her. I also love how her potty mouth doesn't fit her sweet little angelic looks.

I had a lot of fun laughing at how people reacted when she let torrents of swears escape her little mouth. Also I like how she reacts
Rosabella
I loved it! Probably my favorite of all montgomery books. I would have never thought that Miles and Elizabeth Chatworth would work together, but they do! Miles is such a sweetie (with Elizabeth and Kit at least), and Elizabeth is feisty but broken inside! This goes for sure on my reread book shelf because I must have read 4 times in 2 days and its still as good as ever! One of my favorite things about this book is that it gives the reader to catch up with past characters from other books. And I ...more
Gianna
A very handsome young man fell in love daze with me (he was a soldier at the time) and for me to remember him when he was gone...he gave me the 1st five installments of the Montgomery's...with a huge box of chocolates and roses that covered his face at the time of his gift giving...must have been the romantic in him...well I read them in less than a month..and they sure kept the embers of my soul hot for many years to come...not sure if it was the steam coming out of the books or my own wishes a ...more
Meghan
For a fun change, this book contained no marital rape, and only brief mentions of other rapes in the books. There were lots and lots of illegitimate children though.
Tasha
I'm currently reading all the Montgomery/Chatworth books by Deveraux and so far I like them all. She has some great characters and the way these two meet is really cleaver. She does a great job of adding enough "oomph" to her stories to put them just above the rest. Elizabeth is given to Mile as a gift you could say but in a very creative way and Miles is immediately taken with her. However, their families have been at odds since the first branches of the perspective family trees. It's always fu ...more
maricar
when i browsed the first pages of this book in a bookstore, i was immediately hooked. the description of miles and his first encounter with elizabeth was simply electrifying.

i immensely enjoyed the tenderly funny scenes in this book, especially when the other montgomery brothers showed up. it had a good and intriguing plot and a fitting end. both miles and elizabeth are strong characters. but i felt that miles is a touch too proud....but, maybe thats just me ",)

anyway this was a nice read. pro
Fatin Hanani
A perfect ending to the perfect series!
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth and final book in the "Velvet" series and the fifth in the Montgomery series by Jude Deveraux.

Elizabeth Chadworth is given to Miles Montgomery wrapped naked in a rug. Miles is the youngest at 25 years of age and loves all women. Elizabeth is no exception. However, Elizabeth is a Chadworth and her family a bitter enemy of the Montgomerys. I really loved Miles and Elizabeth. This is probably my favorite of the Velvet series.
Mica
if i'm not mistaken this is a part of the velvet series and the story is about miles montgomery and his love story with lady chatworth.

tho mile's mission for keeping lady chatworth against her will is noble - to release her from her fear and teach her love - his cassanova demeanor makes this mission a fluke.

maybe it wasn't really a mission but a strategy to bed her. maybe it's not... who knows?

romantic? maybe. sensual? definitely.
Bets LS
Absolutely gorgeous this is my favourite among the Velvet Series. It gives you a glimpse of the future of the main characters in Velvet Series. After reading all four books of the brothers I decided I like Miles best. And because the heroine is a Chatworth the story is more interesting. But having read Velvet Song than Velvet Angel it has give away some of the story of Miles which annoys me. I hope there is a book about all their descendants.
Carolina
I enjoyed this book a lot. The best in the saga, while Judith was one of the strongest, what I liked about Elizabeth is that without being the tomboy like Bronwyn and stubborn like Alix or as arrogant as the first one I mentioned (Gavin's wife), she was by far one of the strongest females of the four Montgomery wives.Also Miles being the younger brother, he was the wisest of the four in my opinion and the more level headed.
Bekah
I remember reading this book when I was a lot younger, and loving it particularly because of Miles. I just thought Miles was to die for back then. I recently reread this and I still love Miles and his fierce love of ALL women but particularly Elizabeth. However, I was distubed by the fact that he had such an uncontrollable temper that he had to be sedated. Huh?? Come on! That's ridiculous!
  • Simple Gifts: Just Curious / Miracles / Change of Heart / Double Exposure (Westmoreland, #3.5)
  • Lord of Hawkfell Island (Viking #2)
  • Hearts Aflame (Haardrad Viking Family, #2)
  • The Warlord (Montagues, #1)
  • Gentle Warrior
  • Enchanted (Medieval, #3)
  • Devil's Desire
  • The Falcon and the Flower (Medieval Plantagenet, #1)
  • Promise of the Rose
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy (4 books)
  • The Velvet Promise
  • Highland Velvet
  • Velvet Song
A Knight in Shining Armor The Black Lyon The Velvet Promise Highland Velvet The Summerhouse