Start by marking “Teach Me (Gems & Gents, #1)” as Want to Read:
Teach Me (Gems & Gents, #1)

Teach Me (Gems & Gents #1)

The Lassiter family consists of six precious gems and six true gentlemen. They are all blessed with good looks, charm, and a wonderful sense of self-worth. They know who they are and who they want.

Child number five, sexy, confident and fiercely loyal, Diamond Lassiter made her choice. She did not save herself for anyone less than a real man to teach her how to make love.
Published May 23rd 2012 by Siri Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Teach Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teach Me

Metris
Feb 25, 2013 Metris rated it it was amazing
Teach Me was yet another awesome story written by Iris Bolling! Diamond & Zack story was so powerful...Diamond being very innocent to the love game chose Zack to teach her how to love since he was more experience; however Zack would be he student when he learn how to give his heart and love! GREAT GREAT GREAT Read.
MidnightAce
Jan 05, 2013 MidnightAce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brace yourself for another series full of adventure, love of family and support, with some sexy, funny, intelligent men and some very strong smart women to keep them grounded!
Tazzyt2bossye
Oct 28, 2012 Tazzyt2bossye rated it really liked it
What a love story!!! Iris Bollings' style is addictive. WOW!!!
Sistar Tea
May 28, 2012 Sistar Tea rated it it was amazing
Teach Me by Iris Bolling

Present And Accounted For, Ready For Class

We are first introduced to the Lassiter's in "The Heart Series" and now they are front and center in their own series, "The Gems and Gents." Did I forget to mention there is twelve of them Lassiter children? Readers from previous novels will be familiar with Joshua, Samuel and Pearl as they were key in "The Heart Series." The parents Joe and Sally Lassiter are a true testament to true love and have taught their children well. Th
Angela Anderson
Sep 25, 2016 Angela Anderson rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This was my first book by Iris Bollinger. I thoroughly enjoyed ever page. Teach Me had a great story line with the right touch of love, romance and suspense. I look forward to reading the other books in The Gems and Gents Series and other books by Iris Bollinger.
Rahiem Brooks
May 27, 2012 Rahiem Brooks rated it it was amazing
In Iris Bolling’s new romantic mystery, I was thoroughly impressed, and perhaps, I’ve found a new genre and author to adore. I was not a fan of romance fiction, however, I am a romantic man, that has often been said to view the world as fantasy with thoughts of relationship perfection that was unobtainable. Well, reading TEACH ME, by Iris Bolling has affirmed my wishful thinking.

Young Zachary Davenport has a wonderful high school career, leading to a promising college experience, and visions of
Sharon
Jun 02, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing
n the Gems and Gents Series Kicking off , with Diamond Lassiter and Zachary Davenport If anyone was nervous about "Teach Me" not living up to the Heart Series u have nothing to worry about Miss Iris Bolling has done it again knocked it out the ballpark and than some..just like previous work her stellar writing will have you drawn in with the first page and until the last page. With the Lassiter Series you really to get to know the family not just Samuel and Joshua who we all love you get the His ...more
Carmen Blalock
May 25, 2012 Carmen Blalock rated it it was amazing
Love at first, is it something that is real? Do you go with the flow or fight it with everything that you got?

Zachary Davenport is the type of man who doesn't ask for anything, he tells you what he wants! When he was just a teenager his mother left him, his brother Xavier and his father. When he was in college his father died and he had the sole responsibility of taking care of Xavier and he wouldn't have it any other way, that is his family and that makes it automatic. When he has to come in co
Loretta
May 25, 2012 Loretta rated it it was amazing
Having a solid family unit is something the Lassiter's can all boast about.

Readers of Iris Bolling's Heart Series got to know Samuel and Joshua, along with a couple of their sisters.

The focus in this particular new series titled Gems and Gents, is on Diamond Lassiter.

Beautiful, educated and open to life, Diamond is all about helping her family, yet she's missing something...

Meet Xavier Davenport: A handsome creature that sports neatly-kept dreads to accentuate his chocolate tone. He and Diamon
Locksie
Dec 26, 2012 Locksie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Gems & Gents Series.

Author Iris Bolling promised her readers they would learn more about the Lassiter family whom appeared in her fan’s favorite “The Heart Series,” and she has kept her word. “The Gems & Gents” series has begun and the first book is “Teach Me” featuring Diamond Lassiter; “Gem” number five of the Lassiter family’s strong unit of 12 siblings.
Single, sexy and spiritual Diamond Lassiter knows what she wants and how to be patient and respectful. In affairs of the heart,
Lisa Moulton
Apr 24, 2013 Lisa Moulton rated it it was amazing
I love the writing style of this author here we have Diamond Lassiter a young educated woman but not yet introduced to the ways of a man but falls for the older brother of one of her best friends from college and the antics begin. Then you have Zachary Davenport fighting feelings due to past hurts. When the two finally discover there is definitely chemistry between them they both give in to feelings Diamond more so than Zack and a whirlwind romance begins. There will be test and trials before th ...more
Kim
May 24, 2012 Kim rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Diamond was a really well written character. From the first moment we met her in that DMV you could tell she wore her heart on her sleeve, and I couldn't help but to root for her to find her true love. Zach on the other hand was some piece of work. Had I not disliked him for more than half of the book I probably would have rated this a bit higher. Yes he had some issues, but many times I just felt like screaming to him get over it!!! It was 10 or 15 years ago...Let it go!! Zack and Diam
Dafort
May 24, 2012 Dafort rated it it was amazing
Teach Me is a great start to Iris Bolling's Gems & Gent series. Teach is the first book in this series where we revisit with the Lassiter clan and characters from Ms. Bolling's Heart Series. Zack Davenport is a man deeply affected by a past of having his heart broken so badly that he closes not only his heart but his mind to love. In walks Diamond Lassiter and she knows Zack is the man for her but realizes he has some serious baggage and must find a way to open his heart to loving again.

This
Ms. Prissy
May 30, 2012 Ms. Prissy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gems-gents
If you haven't already been touched by the Heart of Iris Bolling, then "Teach Me" will make you believe in the heart of Iris Bolling. Her pen is mighty but her love is clear when it comes to family, friends and relationships she intertwines them perfectly with a little suspense and drama. Once again Iris has intrigue us with her characters and how the intricacies of family and friendships matters most in the great scheme of things we call success in life. Her character development is so believab ...more
Reading in Black & White
May 25, 2012 Reading in Black & White rated it it was amazing
Joseph and Sally Lassiter have twelve children and Teach Me by Iris Bolling is the story of the fifth child, Diamond. Diamond is beautiful, intelligent, and is ready for love. Enter Zack Davenport. Zack enters into Diamond’s workplace and he is loud, rude, and very obnoxious but somehow she finds herself attracted to him.

Diamond is determined to have Zack in her life but she is new to love and relationships. But, with the simple phrase of “teach me how to love you,” a romance blossoms between t
Vondetta Carter
Jul 29, 2016 Vondetta Carter rated it it was amazing
What an awesome read!. I loved the story of Diamond and Nate Davenport. Diamond was the first one to realize Nate was the love of her lifetime. Nate (alpha) was hurt from a young age by a couple of women, he was damaged goods. His view of women was tainted by mistrust and anger. Xavier is his brother who he loves immensely.
This story introduces us to the Lassiter clan and they are great. Mom and Dad set the stage for the type of love Diamond was in search of. Her family was solid from beginning
Deloris
May 25, 2012 Deloris rated it really liked it
I loved this book Teach me, when Diamond asked Zack to teach her how to love him she never knew all that she would learn about love . When Zack agreed to teach Diamond how to love he did not realize he was the one who would become a student. He and she learned about love from each other and it is a wonderful lesson. Zack learned that just when you think you can show some one something you can become the student. This book was a very enjoyable read, I laughed with the antics of Joshua and Samuel. ...more
Monica
May 26, 2012 Monica rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite from this author, which is very surprising because I love them ALL! Iris did a great job at taking us on another roller coaster ride of romance, humor, thrill, drama, suspense, love, intimacy and even more romance, it was all there in this book. I am not even surprised, I knew that this book would be great and she didn't let us down.

Diamond had her sites set on the man that God intended for her to have and she got him, even though it was a struggle with Zack fighting h
Joyce Hudson
Oct 03, 2015 Joyce Hudson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: iris-bolling
Loved "Teach Me".
Not mad at you one bit Diamond Lassiter.
You knew who your soul mates was the moment you saw Zachery acting a fool at the DMV. Glad you brought Zack down a peg or two. Had no idea he was such an ass; but you showed him how to love and be loved.
It was a shame Celeste lied to not only to Zack but her husband and daughter about the daughter being Zack's and not her husband.
She bragged about Zack so much her husband became fixated on ruining Zack life and his business to point the
Deeva05
Nov 17, 2014 Deeva05 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 58% and not because of the writing style, as I thought her Heart series was phenomenal. Diamond was wayyyyyy to weak for my taste. Zachary's treatment of her is appalling what's worse is her justification of it and in her case without having the background, simply basing it on a look of hurt in his eye. Please this guy treats you like sugar honey ice tea - SHIT and you accept it. And he treated u ou this way before you gave up the cookies and you still gave it up. I really tried but I can ...more
Tiffany
May 26, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aa-romance
Teach Me is the first book Ms. Bolling’s new series. I loved it from the moment I started reading it, I could not put it down. Diamond and Zachary didn’t get along from the moment that they first met but Diamond was very attracted to him. To his surprise she will be working for him and he is not pleased by that. The more time that Zach is around Diamond he comes to realize how much he truly loves her even though is trying to fight it at every turn. This book has it all for me, suspense and roman ...more
Shawnette
May 25, 2012 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
Ms. Bolling starts her new series off with a BIG BANG...I was once again CAUGHT UP in her VIVID imagination...the full cast is ENTERTAINING and as usual off-the-chain with all their antics throughout...Zack is EXTREMELY closed off and a first-class jerk in the beginning...but he can't resist Diamond with her CHARM and determination forever...once you start reading you will not be able to put it down...another THRILLING romantic suspense...so looking forward to more FUN and excitement from the La ...more
Kathy
Jul 03, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Iris Bolling seems as though I have been saying that name quite a bit in the past week. I just finished her current book "Teach Me". That introduces us to the rest of the Laasiter clan. This one is about daughter Diamond ad the am. She has chosen for herself Zackaary Davenport. Their story is one of having love to give and one that has to be open to receiving that love. Great story great family waiting on the next one.
Velicia Tillman
Jul 08, 2012 Velicia Tillman rated it it was amazing
Then tere were the LassIters. Joe and Sally are the proud parents of twelve chilldren know as the gems and the gents. There was a great ending to the love story of Diamond Lassiter and Zack Davenport. This was a great read from the beinging. There were a few twists and bumps in the road for Zack, but Diamond taught him something very special and that was how to love your soul mate and there is no greater love than a love for family.
Shone
May 31, 2014 Shone rated it it was amazing
Teach Me is the first book in the Gems and Gents series the beginning of the Lassiter family. The father of the family refers to his sons and daughters as his Gems & Gents". Diamond one of the gems wants the type of relationship she sees between her parents.
She chooses a teacher but, will she remain the student or become the teacher? I love the family meetings when one of the children is in trouble.

This has the making of an awesome series.
Yasmin
Feb 29, 2016 Yasmin rated it it was amazing
Loving the Lassiter's

Man I can already see I'm going to love this family. I loved the first glimpse I got of them in Cynthia and Samuel's story. I love them even more now. An Diamond is a better woman than me because Zachary would've had to catch a couple slaps with the way he was acting a fool. I know I read the connected series a little out of order so this is putting things in place for me.
Gwen Cannon-Jenkins
Jun 04, 2012 Gwen Cannon-Jenkins rated it really liked it
This is starting off the Gems and Gents series for Ms. Boling. I enjoyed the book but not so much the main characters. I thought Diamond was a little to naive and Zach was a complete pain in the behind. I did love the family chemistry and how no matter what they stuck together. Can't wait for the storylines of the other siblings to come out, especially Joshua. All in all it was a good book.
Kristofer Clarke
Jul 31, 2013 Kristofer Clarke rated it really liked it
This was my first read by Ms. Iris Bolling. To say I was impress would imply I had set the bar low for this talented writer. I enjoyed every twist and turn in this novel. Yes, I was mad at times, but that's exactly what a good writer does: they make you experience all kinds of emotions. I'm looking forward to more work from Ms. Bolling.
Robin Stark
Mar 24, 2016 Robin Stark rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

I absolutely loved Diamond and Zachary's story. I'm a sucker for a story about a brooding hero who tries to fight his feelings for a sweet heroine. And that's what you get in this book. Zach tried to fight what he was feeling, but Diamond wore him down lol. The lassitter's are a family I wish I belonged to.
Denise Anderson
Jan 02, 2016 Denise Anderson rated it it was amazing
The second time around
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Any Way You Want It
  • Risk
  • Origins (The Black Diamond Series Book 3)
  • Feel the Fire
  • A Lover's Pretense (The Ramseys, #2)
  • Pleasure Rush  (New York Sabers Football, #4)
  • A Seductive Kiss
  • Surrender to a Donovan (The Donovans #8)
  • Something to Talk About
  • The Realest Ever
  • Heaven Sent
Iris Bolling’s published her first novel, Once You’ve Touched the Heart in 2008. This self-published work was the first of the five additional books to complete the Heart Series. The popular Heart Series has captivated the hearts of readers and awarded Iris the Emma Award as Debut Author of the Year in 2010

In May of 2011, Iris introduced a new cast of characters in her in Night of Seduction Serie
More about Iris Bolling...

Gems & Gents (5 books)
  • The Book of Joshua I - Trust (Gems & Gents, #2)
  • The Book of Joshua II - Believe (Gems and Gents, #3
  • A Lassiter's Christmas (Gems & Gents #4)
  • Ruby...Red Slippers & All (Gems & Gents, #5)