Start by marking “Champion (Legend, #3)” as Want to Read:

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  58,017 ratings  ·  7,464 reviews
He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But ne
Published November 5th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Champion, please sign up.

Kim I was a tad upset [actually I was very emotional for an entire month] about the ending, but I think Marie Lu was kind of giving us the freedom of what…moreI was a tad upset [actually I was very emotional for an entire month] about the ending, but I think Marie Lu was kind of giving us the freedom of what could have happened. She wants us to dwell in what happened in those ten years or what happened after they met again.

I personally came up with ten scenarios after they met. However, I still hoped she wrote a longer epilogue, or write an entire book, I won't complain. (less)
Sierra Rose I'm pretty sure it's because he was from a poor sector and they thought he was disposable and wanted to see what was so special about him.
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
66th out of 1,511 books — 10,420 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareChampion by Marie LuThe House of Hades by Rick RiordanLady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Best Upcoming Releases
3rd out of 98 books — 209 voters

More lists with this book...

Ta§chima Cullen
description

If Prodigy made me want to cry and scream and pretty much throw a tantrum like a little girl, Champion made all my troubles go away. I am very well satisfied with the ending of this series, and although I still have lots of questions for what will happen in June's future I can fill those gaps with my own imagination. Marie Lu did a wonderful job with this entire series, and ended it in a bittersweet note. Without giving out too many spoilers, or none at all, Champion will make your eyes water bu
Emily May
And... it's over.

This series has come a long, long way from where it started and has managed to shatter boundaries and exceed expectations where, in my opinion, other series like Divergent and Blood Red Road have failed. It started out like almost every other piece of dystopian fiction released in 2011. Some random political facts thrown about, set in a future United States that was torn apart by war, oppressive government in power and, of course, a nice little side order of romance that could *
Nicole
GIVE IT TO ME NOW BEFORE I JUMP OFF A CLIFF FROM MY FEELS. YOU DON'T DO THIS TO ME. YOU DON'T END A BOOK LIKE THAT OK. I NEEDED JUNE TO TELL DAY THAT SHE LOVED HIM. I'M NOT KIDDING THIS ISN'T UP FOR DISCUSSION AHHH ASJLDJFSDKLAKD WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO GO DIE OK.

description

I'M LITERALLY SITTING HERE LIKE THIS I'M GOING TO EAT BOXES OF ICE CREAM NOW.

AHHH IGAKFSHOS THERE'S A NAME. CHAMPION YESS I LIKE I LIKE IGAKSGOHLFKS STILL FAR AWAY IM GOING TO GO CRY SOME MORE.

EVERY
Ails
5 STARS

(WARNING: MILD SPOILERS)

"I think I don’t care about you anymore, that things will be easier once you’re far away, and then all of a sudden I’m here again, and you’re..." Day pauses to look at me. The anguish in his expression is a knife cutting through my heart. "Why do I do this to myself? I see you and feel such—" He has tears in his eyes now. The sight is more than I can bear. He takes two steps away from me and then turns back like a caged animal. "Do you even love me?"

■■■

My emotions
William
FINAL REVIEW

Just...
How did Marie Lu just wrap up this amazing series with an ever more so amazing book?!

This book makes we want to do this:

This: BECAUSE MY BRAIN ISN'T WORKING AFTER READING THIS, like NO!

This: OUT OF SHEER PERFECTION

And this all over again:

To explain the awesomeness that is the book, I must start when I saw this book at the public library.

^ Yeah that was me. Deal with it.

Then came the reading. Big mistake of starting it when I had work to do because guess what I did instea
Jennalyn ⋆ ₍ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ₎
Edit 4:
That cover is beautiful! I want it now!

Edit 3:
2013 guys! 20-freaking-13! This is amazing! THIS IS SO GREAT! I'm just so excited!

Edit 2:
*Screams* We've got a placement cover! I'm so so so excited! Can't wait until we get the real deal cover!

Edit:
So it has a name? Champion... I like it! :)

Wait... 2014...?

Julie
description
Eh. Well. The first book is always going to be the best, am I right? I just wish Champion could've denied that statement. But it did not, and now I am here, dejectedly sipping gingerbread tea and morosely eating my cheerios while writing a review that should've been filled with screaming and jumping gifs, yet all it is filled with is a distressed Ariel and a run-on sentence.

2 things:

1. Marie Lu is still an extremely talented writer, and if you think I hate her in any way, shape, or form, I ho
Etnik
____________________________________________
“Then Day reaches out and touches my hand with his. He encloses it in a handshake. And just like that, I am linked with him again, I feel the pulse of our bond and his- tory and love through our hands, like a wave of magic, the return of a long-lost friend. Of something meant to be. The feeling brings tears to my eyes. Perhaps we can take a step forward together.

“Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.”
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June.”

_________________________________
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
BEFORE READING
No no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
YOU DO NOT GET TO END LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please hurry up and come out!!!
Please tell me that the ending was untrue!!!!
PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:
HOLY CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE'S A COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how I feel about it, BUT THERE'S A COVER!!!!!!!
WE'RE ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE RELEASE DATE!!!
Brian

This is me after rereading the last chapter over and over again... Why the hell do you do that and make everyone wait a year! She should have said " I love you!" That's what i'm waiting for, so that better be like the first line in the book! Not in her head, needs to be said directly to him!
Like this:

But Day I just wanna...

Ariana
Perfect books are just.. perfect! *wiping tears of happiness*

This is one of the best conclusions to a series! The very best.

Seriously! And it felt so ..right, you know?
Not all butterflies and cheers and happiness, but right and real and beautiful and raw.
The action, the suspense, the dramatic romance, the bittersweet ending… every moment and every page, every single word in this book.. EVERYTHING was perfect. I couldn’t have imagined a better ending for this series, I wouldn’t have it any othe
Angela
You have GOT to be kidding me!! 2014?!?!?! After that ending? Oh hell no!

Farah
———before

THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS OF CHAMPION I CAN'T. (x)

----

THE COVER IS SO BEAUTIFUL! I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK SO BADLY IT HURTS. ACCIO NOVEMBER! Nope? Nothing? *okay*

NOVEMBER 5th? Really?
That feels like an eon away.

It's weird but ^ this GIF hurts me more than any book release date ever could.
Kat (Lost in Neverland)

Cover Reveal:

Come to me, darling.

After Finishing

WARNING: If you like happy endings, you may not want to read this happy ending-bashing review

Almost a year has passed since June Iparis was initiated back into the Republic as one of the new Elector's Princeps-Elect and Day Wing became a part of the Republic's army.

The country is on the brink of war as a new plague outbreak sweeps through the Colonies.
After not speaking or seeing one another since the day they parted ways, June and Day are sc
Sandra

GENRE: YA/DYSTOPIAN/ROMANCE

Champion is the anticipated last book in the Marie Lu's stunning dystopian Legend trilogy....

and by the end it left me feeling a LOT like this...

If you are thinking this will end 'happily ever after', think again.

I mean, why would you even think that since ,like, 99.9% of dystopian books these days end up freaking tragically?

I was screaming in my head. This.Cannot.Be.Happening.Again.

All i want is a decent, happy ending to a good dystopian trilogy!
Am i asking for to
Belle
Well I just cried because of this book and that is not an easy thing to do. I think a total of about three books have ever made me cry before. It was just perfect. It was all a person could ask for in a final book. It was all that Allegiant and Mockingjay weren't. Congratulations Marie Lu on your success and for creating a trilogy with three flawless books. It's a really hard thing to do, I have read enough series that loose their amazing before they get the chance to conclude. It most certain ...more
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★

“You once told me why you chose ‘Day’ as your street name,” she says firmly. She moves her hand so that it’s over mine, hiding the paper clip ring from view. The warmth of her skin against mine makes my breath short. “Every morning, everything’s possible again. Right?” (...)
Finally, I take a deep breath. “Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that.”

What an interesting conclusion to one
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
"You drive me insane, June." He murmurs against my hair. "You're the scariest, most clever, bravest person I know, and sometimes I can't catch my breath because I'm trying so hard to keep up. There will never be another like you. You realise that, don't you?" I tilt my face up to see him. His eyes reflect the faint lights from the JumboTrons, a rainbow of evening colours. "Billions of people will come and go in this world," he says softly, "but there will never be another like you."

Starting 8 m
Julie
Spoiler-free review

I'm sitting here after finishing Champion because it's hit me. That dreaded, bittersweet hollowness you get after finishing a good book or a good series. Yearning for more because you don't want to let go of these characters, not yet. I'm trying to keep my emotions in check while writing this but it's getting increasingly difficult so prepare for a l
Juliana Zapata
Este libro y esta saga en general fue un viaje increíble, lleno de acción y romance.

De esta tercera entrega, debo resaltar que es mi libro favorito de la saga, fue increíble leerlo, me tuvo atrapada página tras página y me dejo en un mar de lagrimas! Fue un final maravilloso, pero terriblemente triste.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

For whatever reason I didn’t quite enjoy Champion as much as I loved Prodigy. Trilogies have to be incredibly difficult to end and this one didn’t wow me. Cons? The explanation for Day’s brother’s blood and June’s was very rushed. I would have loved to know more, but it seems most of the focus was on the war. Understandable, however, it left the book feeling incomplete. The action was pretty fantastic and Lu is excellent at building anticipation as she did in Legend and
Kassidy
Thank you Marie Lu for giving us a perfect ending :)

I felt this final book to be much more serious and stressful than the other two. There was so much going on between the politics, war, and the relationships. Everything was pretty much life or death and it was really hard to know the right thing to do. This is a crazy intense finale to the series, filled with action, alliances, treachery, and emotion. The characters stayed true to themselves, but matured and developed realistically. In the end,
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I am rating this 5 stars even though I had quite a few problems with it, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are a few things that I wish were tied up better and the ending was a bit frustrating at first, but I'm leaving this trilogy feeling satisfied.
Alexandria
Initial reaction after finishing the book:

MY FEELS HURT.

----

Review:

This book did an amazing job of wrapping up the trilogy! It was full of action and suspense, and the pace never slowed down.

I loved that we got to learn more about Antarctica. It sounds like such a cool place to live in, with their fancy technology and the way they make life a game. I wonder how it became this way because clearly this Antarctica does not exist in our world today.

The character development was fantastic. June and D
♥ Becky  22

What do you mean "the Republic’s only means of defense could cost Day everything he has"?

Whaaat
ahhhh

Just.
Just don't let Day die, okay? Please. PLEASE.

Can't wait for this book. Legend and Prodigy were amazing.

BUT WAIT, WHAT'S THIS? HAS THE RELEASE DATE BEEN CHANGED? "Expected publication: November 5th 2013"?? Not 2014? OH MY GOD! YES!!!!!
❀УᗩᔕᗰᎥИƎ❀
Don't mind me, I'm just calmly waiting for this book to finally grace us with its release date...

You know what? Screw this! I can't do this "waiting" thing anymore.

I NEED IT NOW!!!!!!!

I just hate how authors cruelly end a book and then expect us to wait for the next book. Like c'mon, who has patience anymore? NOT ME!

Edit #1
I just finished Champion and what can I say? I have no words. Review to come if when I get over the book.
Cynn

NO, I'M NOT CRYING...

Esta trilogía fue asombrosa.

Obviamente no voy a contar nada sobre este libro ya que estaría spoileando pero realmente me sorprendió. Me encantó el inicio, me encantó como se desarrolla todo y me encantó ese final.

Christine Riccio
AH Champion. I didn't want this series to be overe. Here's my full review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpVKL...
Sh3lly (Not all those who wander are lost)
He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?

Sooooooo, everything wraps up in this final installment of the Legend trilogy. The Colonies think the Republic gave them a plague so they attack and the new Elector, Anden, has to find a way to get a cure and some help from Day and June, and oh yeah, Antarctica (which, when June and Anden went there was actually probably the coolest part of the book).

I probably should have stopped at book one, but for some reason, I kept going, so I'm sure it
Aj aka Ravenous Reader

I'm speechless. There are no words except that this is the perfect finale to a trilogy. This is so far the most fulfilling third book to all dystopian series I've read. Even as I am writing this review now, my throat keeps threatening to constrict for trying to force back tears that keep threatening to spill- tears of heartache, tears of joy, tears of contentment and tears of gratitude to the author who for a change gave the perfect resolutions to all the conflicts she bombarded her series with.
The Nerd Herd: Champion 13 15 Jan 03, 2015 02:07PM
Addicted to YA: Champion 79 354 Dec 30, 2014 12:33PM
Buddy read time xx: Champion by Marie Lu, 2014 sept 11 11 Dec 06, 2014 01:08PM
Live, Love, Laugh...: Champion 1 4 Nov 30, 2014 01:10PM
Book Assassins: Champion (Legend, #3) 8 10 Nov 16, 2014 10:13PM
Legend Trilogy-Ma...: Champion Discussion 1 4 Nov 09, 2014 08:26PM
Who liked the ending of champion ? 24 163 Nov 07, 2014 03:24PM
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • UnSouled (Unwind, #3)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Vortex (Insignia, #2)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta
More about Marie Lu...

Legend (3 books)
  • Legend (Legend, #1)
  • Prodigy (Legend, #2)
Legend (Legend, #1) Prodigy (Legend, #2) The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5) Legend Trilogy Boxed Set (Legend, #1-3)

“Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.”
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June.”
664 likes
“Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that.” 651 likes