Start by marking “Family Ties ” as Want to Read:

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews
She’s all country…
He’s all city…

Grace Tucker thought she had her life put back together - with the help of her over-protective brothers. She had a quiet, predictable life operating the family hardware store in her hometown and spending her free time with her friends, the Caldwell family. That was… until a tragic accident took her two best friends and left their daughters o
Published May 18th 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Family Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Ties

Kelly
I think I cried through 1/2 of the book. Having seen grief myself, it opens up a can of worms.

I love the angst between Grace and Dirk. I love the way they get at each others throats! It was a nice slow development of love and how they learn to give and take.

I love the innocence of children and how they need normalcy in their lives and who they cling to.

Dirk's life is in the city in California with everything fancy. He doesn't have time for his brother Danny and his wife. They die in a car accide
Ruth Hill
Well, I guess I am smitten with "Western" romances. I never thought I would see the day, but I absolutely love them! And this book is no exception. Yes, there is some profanity and a mild sex scene I could have done without, but the book is a wonderfully sweet romance that I think most romance-lovers would enjoy.

This book does have a few minor twists and turns that added interest to the basic storyline. Krista Kedrick's easy-to-read style is quite pleasing and humorous. I review many books each
June
by Krista Kedrick
Genre: contemporary romance
Published May 18th 2012 by RPC Publications

Unexpected death has sent a "big city" man from California to the Nebraska Sandhills. Dirk Caldwell received a call that none of us want to get-his brother and sister-in-law have been killed in a car accident. He didn't realize that "someday" might never come and he wouldn't ever see Danny again.

Dirk has to get to Danny and Jayne's two young daughters as soon as he can. They
M.K. McClintock
I've lived in small town USA most of my life, but not quite like the one the author shows us in this book-from the quirky characters to country life. The book begins on a tragic note, but at the same time there's enough humor to keep it light and fun. I wasn't sure about whether or not I would like Dirk because from close to the beginning, I thought he needed a good butt-kicking, but he got a pass because he wasn't exactly in town on a pleasant errand. As the story went on, I continued to get a ...more
KyBunnies
I did not know if I wanted to cry while reading or strangle Dirk. This book was a great read. I do not know if the author intended but there is a hidden message in the book. No, I will not tell you that message, read it and you will find out. I admit that I had a hard time putting this book down. When I did have to stop reading I could not wait to start again.

If you are looking for a book that will make you weep, laugh and want to kill a main character then check this book out. It has all of tha
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Mauve7
Mauve7 marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Lori Crawford
Lori Crawford marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Erika Sissons
Erika Sissons marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Christi Snow
Christi Snow marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Concetta33
Concetta33 marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
Pragya
Pragya marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2012
Krista Kedrick
Jul 03, 2012 Krista Kedrick added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-me
Krista makes her home in Nebraska with her husband, two daughters and basset hound where she loves to work in her yard, which adds to her vivid descriptions of settings in her novels.
She has an online broadcast company where she interviews authors and talks about traversing the waters of indie publication.
She has a vlog and podcast where she publishes her short works and jokes about relationships
More about Krista Kedrick...
Under a Prairie Moon Lacy (The Doves of Primrose, #1) Emmylou (The Doves of Primrose #2)