Start by marking “Thugbook” as Want to Read:
Thugbook

Thugbook

A Digital Short
19,000 words

Blaine Stevens and his friend Jones team up to build a new kind of social network. Thugbook arms citizens with cameras and gives them the power to take back the streets.

At first only the brave dare photograph a crime in progress, fearing retaliation, but soon gang members are the ones who are afraid.

Criminals appear on the web by the hundreds, t
Published May 10th 2012 by 22 West Books

To ask other readers questions about Thugbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thugbook

Jess Witkins
May 27, 2012 Jess Witkins rated it liked it
A fast paced read that's part Big Brother, part Dexter Morgan, part Hustle and Flow, and part Social Network.

What if social media was used to track and capture criminals? Good thing, right? But what if the network created more criminals, vigilantes who are taking the law into their own hands. Are they any different than the faces on Thugbook?

CJ West asks this question throughout the book and will keep you turning the page to find out what happens!

Learn more in my author interview with CJ!

http
Nigel
Jun 03, 2012 Nigel rated it really liked it
Thugbook is a logical possibility, a web service that shares photographs of criminal activities with the intent of capturing those criminals. It's done on TV all the time. But knowledge is power, and power attracts good and bad alike. West dangles both possibilities in equal measure and explores a very possible outcome of that attraction.
The characters have plausible motives and their actions show those motives well. The book moves quickly through the events and it's an easy read to an ending t
Kara Prem
Jan 18, 2014 Kara Prem rated it really liked it
Blaine and Jones have put together a social network unlike any other. Users submit photographs of criminals linked to a map of the city - you can see where crime is taking place, and who the perpetrators are. Unfortunately, the cops aren't fans of the site, some of the "photectors" are being hurt and killed, some of the criminals have been killed as well. Plus not everyone at the company is really all about seeing justice served, more about making money, no mater how.

This book was easy to read,
Lisa Macon
Jul 09, 2012 Lisa Macon rated it liked it
This little novel by CJ West is interesting. Thugbook is the Facebook of crime-fighting. "Photectors" post pictures of crimes in action to call out criminals and keep citizens safe. But suddenly, the criminals themselves become victims and police officials don't know who the real criminals are anymore.

The lacks explanation and background. Much is left to the reader to deduce about how the creators of Thugbook plotted to turn the criminals on each other. We never really find out who is the master
Justin Bog
Oct 23, 2012 Justin Bog rated it it was amazing
I read the novella, Thugbook, quickly enough and the premise was startling and original. That alone is worth the five stars to me. The writing engaged and kept me clicking the kindle pages. There were few characters I could relate to, and surprising enough, that didn't matter. Thugbook looks at crime and the capture of criminals in different ways. The author invents a new social network, and asks the question: what would happen if . . . just read Thugbook for yourself. It's a curious book and th ...more
Sharon Michael
Jun 25, 2012 Sharon Michael rated it really liked it
Facebook and vigilantism combine in an interesting and somewhat off-beat high tech/future tech storyline.

Liked the characters, didn't see all the twists and turns coming and not sure of all the slightly twisted reasoning driving the plotline ... good entertainment.

Would like to meet these characters again.
Tonia
Jun 24, 2012 Tonia rated it liked it
I enjoyed it, but for some reason, I felt slightly disappointed. I just didn't feel an emotional connection with any of the characters, though I did enjoy the story. It's a very interesting premise! Overall, a good book.
Teresa Crawford
Jun 27, 2012 Teresa Crawford rated it really liked it
Interesting concept.
Lauren
couldn't finish...jumped around too much. I felt like it had an anti-police agenda ...I was just looking for a creative thriller. not my cup of tea. or diet coke as it were.
Julie
Jun 14, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
Well I didn't see that coming! Another excellent read by C. J. West. When you start a book of his you had better clear your schedule. You will not want to put it down.
Amanda
Nov 11, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
This is a fabulous book full of twists and surprises. Definitely recommended.
Kim Mullican
Jul 10, 2012 Kim Mullican rated it it was amazing
What a neat premise and a great book. The author's authentic view is entertaining and I always enjoy a book with a moral.

I look forward to reading more CJ West books.
Tiffany
I enjoyed this book. I enjoy the guessing games that author CJ West put forth make for very interesting reads.
Becca
Jun 09, 2012 Becca rated it did not like it
So disappointing. I enjoyed The End of Marking Time by the same author and had such high hopes for the book, but they were not met.
Josef
Jul 31, 2012 Josef rated it really liked it
Interesting short story.
Marcia Richards
Marcia Richards rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Mhuz429
Mhuz429 rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2013
Vicki - I Love Reading
Vicki - I Love Reading rated it did not like it
Mar 06, 2013
Craig Ralston
Craig Ralston rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Deangela
Deangela rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2013
Laesar
Laesar rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Letsread
Letsread rated it did not like it
Mar 06, 2013
Anita Cox
Anita Cox rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Becca
Becca rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2012
Jenene
Jenene rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Mark Blei
Mark Blei rated it liked it
May 30, 2014
Christa Watkins
Christa Watkins rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2012
Free Book Giveaway: Giveaway - Thugbook Free on Amazon June 21st 1 6 Jun 21, 2012 06:20AM
Free Books, .99 &...: Thugbook Free June 21st 1 10 Jun 21, 2012 06:18AM
Giveaways and Con...: Thugbook Free June 21st 1 2 Jun 21, 2012 06:17AM
Book Giveaways: Thugbook Free June 21st 1 6 Jun 21, 2012 06:17AM
CJ West writes thrillers set in New England. CJ has just launched his 7th novel, Dinner At Deadman's, a mystery set in the world of antiques and collectibles.

Vist CJ anytime on Facebook.

CJ's first Randy Black Thriller, Sin & Vengeance, was optioned for film.

A Demon Awaits, the second book in CJ's Randy Black series was published in October 2008. The series takes a surprising turn and readers a
More about C.J. West...