Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In

Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Boris had a bad accident. Then things got worse. Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In takes place in a fantasy world where delicious sweets and classic monsters come together to tell a story about being different and dealing with change. Will Boris be able to turn his luck around or is he doomed to be bad off forever?
Paperback, Volume 1, 40 pages
Published May 21st 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In

Jessica
I won this as a Goodreads Firstreads giveaway.

I'm always interested in finding childrens books that kind of break out of the normal mode. The artwork in this is definitely darker than the normally bright colors and smiley characters typical of kids books. My four year old really liked it though (and she's a princessy kind of kid). The cupcake who has an accident as the main hero in the story was a different approach. And the moral of the story is one that even adults need to hear from time to ti...more
Jessica Dumitru
I won this book through First Reads giveaways.

This is an amazing kids book. I can't wait for my daughter to be older to enjoy it with me :) haha I love the illustrations with the amazing message. Thank you First Reads giveaways and thank you Scott Mallory for writing such a fantastic book :)
Kelley
What a different kids' book that I won from Goodreads! My 5 year old Grandson really like it--that's the best review, right? The book is about a Cupcake named Boris who had a problem with his body and others begin picking on him and calling him names. The problem is solved when Boris finally is bold, brave and believes in himself. The book does have a nice message. I was really taken with the illustrations in the book. It was much different and "darker" than I'm used to with children's books. My...more
Robby Rob
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway and was excited to read it to my 6 year old son. He enjoyed the book and it sends a good message about being brave and trying again.
The illustrations were a bit dark in the spooky sense. Its not typical illustrations that you would find in a children's book, but I suppose that makes it kind of cool.
When I finished it I asked my son what he thought and he said it was good. He enjoyed it and it entertained him at bedtime. That's what is really imp...more
Kozie
A friend of a friend wrote this book. My friend, Brian Bruchey, and the author Scott Mallory, are former radio personalities from Ohio. Brian is so quick-witted and funny, which seems to be a necessary credential in the radio business, so I felt confident in ordering the book for my 3-yr. old grandson Ian without reading it first. My daughter-in-law said they read it last night and he LOVED IT! He's not the kind of boy to get enthusiastic easily, so I've given the book 5 stars.
Alexandrea Hills
I won this book through Goodreads giveways.

I liked this book, I can't wait to read it to my niece. I think that it has a great message that every kid should know. I think that Scott writes in a way that children will love. The illustrations are great, they are darker then most kids book but I think that they are still fun to look at.
Melanie Adkins
Boris had an accident. After that, he gained the nickname BAD-OFF Boris. He didn't like the name and lost confidence in himself. He learns a valuable lesson.

A wonderful children's book they'll enjoy again and again. The illustrations are beautiful and the story a terrific way of teaching children life lessons. I think all children will get the message Boris has for them. Gift this to the child in your life.

I found no issues.

I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because the message is such an impo...more
Ben Ditmars
This is a cute and inspirational short story with tremendous artwork. My Kindle is in black and white but I still enjoyed every bit of it. If you are a child or adult, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy for free on Halloween and for whatever price it is after.
akc
akc marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2012
Elise Stokes
Elise Stokes marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Alan Taylor
Alan Taylor marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2012
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dalena
Dalena marked it as to-read
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Creative Reviews: Looking for Readers and Reviewers 1 13 Jun 05, 2012 11:18AM
I'm a 15 year radio vet who spent 8 of those doing mornings at pop station Z-93 (WGTZ-FM) and rock station 103.9 The X (WXEG-FM) in Dayton, Ohio. During my hiatus from the broadcasting world, I spent seven years being a stay-at-home dad and wrote my radio novel "Tales of a Washed-Up Neverwas" and children's book, "Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In." I hope to have my new Boris book, "Better-Of...more
More about Scott Mallory...
Tales of a Washed-Up Neverwas