Start by marking “Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In” as Want to Read:
Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In

Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In

Boris had a bad accident. Then things got worse. Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In takes place in a fantasy world where delicious sweets and classic monsters come together to tell a story about being different and dealing with change. Will Boris be able to turn his luck around or is he doomed to be bad off forever?
Paperback, Volume 1, 40 pages
Published May 21st 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In

Jessica
Jul 02, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this as a Goodreads Firstreads giveaway.

I'm always interested in finding childrens books that kind of break out of the normal mode. The artwork in this is definitely darker than the normally bright colors and smiley characters typical of kids books. My four year old really liked it though (and she's a princessy kind of kid). The cupcake who has an accident as the main hero in the story was a different approach. And the moral of the story is one that even adults need to hear from time to ti
Jessica Dumitru
Jun 27, 2012 Jessica Dumitru rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through First Reads giveaways.

This is an amazing kids book. I can't wait for my daughter to be older to enjoy it with me :) haha I love the illustrations with the amazing message. Thank you First Reads giveaways and thank you Scott Mallory for writing such a fantastic book :)
Kelley
Jun 20, 2012 Kelley rated it really liked it
What a different kids' book that I won from Goodreads! My 5 year old Grandson really like it--that's the best review, right? The book is about a Cupcake named Boris who had a problem with his body and others begin picking on him and calling him names. The problem is solved when Boris finally is bold, brave and believes in himself. The book does have a nice message. I was really taken with the illustrations in the book. It was much different and "darker" than I'm used to with children's books. My ...more
Robby Rob
Jun 21, 2012 Robby Rob rated it really liked it
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway and was excited to read it to my 6 year old son. He enjoyed the book and it sends a good message about being brave and trying again.
The illustrations were a bit dark in the spooky sense. Its not typical illustrations that you would find in a children's book, but I suppose that makes it kind of cool.
When I finished it I asked my son what he thought and he said it was good. He enjoyed it and it entertained him at bedtime. That's what is really imp
Kozie
Jun 12, 2012 Kozie rated it it was amazing
A friend of a friend wrote this book. My friend, Brian Bruchey, and the author Scott Mallory, are former radio personalities from Ohio. Brian is so quick-witted and funny, which seems to be a necessary credential in the radio business, so I felt confident in ordering the book for my 3-yr. old grandson Ian without reading it first. My daughter-in-law said they read it last night and he LOVED IT! He's not the kind of boy to get enthusiastic easily, so I've given the book 5 stars.
Alexandrea Hills
Jul 01, 2012 Alexandrea Hills rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through Goodreads giveways.

I liked this book, I can't wait to read it to my niece. I think that it has a great message that every kid should know. I think that Scott writes in a way that children will love. The illustrations are great, they are darker then most kids book but I think that they are still fun to look at.
Melanie Adkins
Mar 17, 2013 Melanie Adkins rated it it was amazing
Boris had an accident. After that, he gained the nickname BAD-OFF Boris. He didn't like the name and lost confidence in himself. He learns a valuable lesson.

A wonderful children's book they'll enjoy again and again. The illustrations are beautiful and the story a terrific way of teaching children life lessons. I think all children will get the message Boris has for them. Gift this to the child in your life.

I found no issues.

I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because the message is such an impo
Ben Ditmars
Oct 31, 2012 Ben Ditmars rated it it was amazing
This is a cute and inspirational short story with tremendous artwork. My Kindle is in black and white but I still enjoyed every bit of it. If you are a child or adult, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy for free on Halloween and for whatever price it is after.
Scott
May 23, 2012 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sean Taylor
Sean Taylor rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2012
Andrea Jantz
Andrea Jantz rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Hilary Hawkins
Hilary Hawkins rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it did not like it
Graham
Graham rated it it was amazing
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2014
Carla Hurley
Carla Hurley rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2012
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2012
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Shari D'Souza
Shari D'Souza marked it as to-read
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Amanda Chalifoux
Amanda Chalifoux marked it as to-read
JennaMarie
JennaMarie marked it as to-read
Rodney Rodriguez
Rodney Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jessica Buike
Jessica Buike marked it as to-read
Susan Sampson
Susan Sampson marked it as to-read
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2012
Mari Hall
Mari Hall marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2012
Kitty Honeycutt
Kitty Honeycutt marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Sharnie
Sharnie marked it as to-read
Lena Nguyen
Lena Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Sussie
Sussie marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012
Tatum
Tatum marked it as to-read
Megan Abbatelli
Megan Abbatelli marked it as to-read
Randi
Randi marked it as to-read
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
Alysa Morley
Alysa Morley marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
Creative Reviews: Looking for Readers and Reviewers 1 13 Jun 05, 2012 11:18AM
I'm a 15 year radio vet who spent 8 of those doing mornings at pop station Z-93 (WGTZ-FM) and rock station 103.9 The X (WXEG-FM) in Dayton, Ohio. During my hiatus from the broadcasting world, I spent seven years being a stay-at-home dad and wrote my radio novel "Tales of a Washed-Up Neverwas" and children's book, "Bad-Off Boris and the Cupcake Cave-In." I hope to have my new Boris book, "Better-Of ...more
More about Scott Mallory...