Start by marking “Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow, #1)

Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  1,320 ratings  ·  162 reviews
"Lips red as rubies, hair dark as night. Drink your true love's blood, become the Vampire, Snow White."

EVERY THOUSAND YEARS THE VAMPIRE QUEEN SELECTS A NEW BODY, ALWAYS THE FAIREST IN THE LAND, AND THIS TIME SHE'S CHOSEN SNOW WHITE.

Snow White lives in Salem, Massachusetts with her dad, stepmother, and her cat, Gatsby. Her entire life she's been teased for her fairy tale n
Published June 5th 2012 by Polished Pen Press

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Snow

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerMarked by P.C. CastCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareBlue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Best Teen Vampire Fiction
83rd out of 309 books — 4,175 voters
Cinder by Marissa MeyerElla Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineCress by Marissa MeyerScarlet by Marissa MeyerBeauty by Robin McKinley
Fairy tales & Retellings.
12th out of 294 books — 160 voters

More lists with this book...

Jade Christyn
I got this the other day from Amazon for free. I thought this could be perfect for some reasons. First, I’ve never read a vampire book aside from Twilight! I don’t know, nothing’s compelled me to do so, yet. Second, I’ve never read a fairy tale retelling! I know, I’m missing a lot, aren’t I? And, of course, it’s free! So, I say, go for it!

I decided to read it while having a break from Norwegian Wood and 1984 (my current reads). I thought it’s perfect since it’ll be a fast read. Indeed, it is. Bu
Tiara
This was my face during this whole thing starting from the very first lines:

Photobucket

I know many people enjoyed this, but I'm not sure this story is for me. It managed to do every single thing I hate about some YA novels, but the premise was interesting, which is about its only saving grace right now with me. I'm putting the rest of these books (novellas really) on the bottom of my TBR pile where I will wait for the day I feel compelled to continue this story. Hopefully later parts will make me forgive
Rose
Feb 19, 2014 Rose marked it as not-my-cup-of-tea
Just in case anyone's curious as to why I'm putting this on my not my cuppa shelf - bad writing. Extremely bad writing. *sighs*

Kind of stinks because the idea behind the series is sound, but it just does nothing with that intrigue.
Eugene Gorodinsky
Sep 26, 2013 Eugene Gorodinsky rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my worst enemies, masochists, the blind
If you enjoy the sound of nails scratching the blackboard you have a chance at reading more than ten pages of this book. Seeing as how I'm not a fan of books grating on my nerves I was unable to pass the challenge.

If I were to pinpoint the main problem, it would probably be the protagonist being called Snow White in a non-fairytale setting. I wouldn't mind if that was her nickname, however, ten pages into the story and I still don't know what to call the girl apart from the obvious.
Lucie
(tahle věta se mi strašně líbí!)

Tohle bylo tak strašně divné! Jako to, že Sněhurka má 7 nejlepších kámošů se jmény jaké Dorian, Salvatore a Heatcliff je ještě v rámci možností pochopitelné. Ale potom... Sněhurčina matka je posedlá postavičkama od Disneyho (má jich přes 600!), její nejlepší kámoška (mimochodem prvotřídní husa) se jmenuje Cindy a vypadá jako Cinderella, Sněhurka je schopná zakopn
~Kate~
With this only being a series of short books this really does need to capture your interest straight away which it kind of did but it did take awhile to actually get to the point of the story which was a shame but maybe the next book will be better. I loved the idea of having the re-telling involving vampires but I did feel disappointed with the vampire side not coming until very close to the end. Instead of a book I felt like it was one long chapter just getting us introduced to everything and ...more
Jillyn
Apr 27, 2013 Jillyn rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of retellings?
Salem, Massachusetts is a place where magic is expected to happen. But the uniquely named Snow White never imagines that such things will happen to her. Sure, she's constantly reminded of her fairy tale name, and it doesn't help that she has seven best guy friends. Her sixteenth birthday is rapidly approaching, and her weird dreams of being bitten by a vampire and eating a heart are only dreams.... Right?

-----

Why must the books I've read lately make me agonize over a final rating? It's mentally
Theresa Jones
So… I instead of writing a separate review for each SHORT story, Im just writing a full review for the first four (since I bought this as four in one. ) and copy it and paste it for the first four volumes.
I have to say, originally when I bought this, I thought they were ACTUALLY full books. Then I saw they were short stories… ok. But no, they are VERY short (not even novellas) novelettes.

Now- I don’t like short stories. You will hear me say this time and again. I like LONG novels, and Series,
Kayla Eklund
RaShelle Workman is one of my favorite authors. When I heard that she had a new series coming out, I moved up to the top of my to-read list. It definitely didn't disappoint. The book was a mix of Snow White and paranormal romance. It had the seven "dwarves", an evil queen, and a few other things that made it like the original Snow White. The book also had vampires in it, which created a nice twist. Only one thing disappointed me about the book. I wish Cindy would have been in it more. She is Sno ...more
Traci
This was okay.

It seems a little harsh to say that I didn't really get a good feel for the characters in the short length I was given, but... well, I didn't really get a good feel for the characters in the short length I was given. I do want to read more and I've already started the second novella, though.

When I first started this, I thought it would be a bit more adult than it is. I don't have a problem with YA lit at all, which is what this clearly is, but from the first lines the characters
Helena
I knew before I started this that the series is all novellas, but I have to say I'm very surprised at how short this was. It seemed more like a short story than a novella, and it makes me wonder if the author wouldn't be better off combining the stories to make them have more substance.

This book had a massive cfliffhanger, which is fairly annoying, but considering I read this in under 45 minutes, it isn't a huge deal. I have a few of the books in this series ready to go.

Overall, this novella se
(Source: Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk)
Snow lives with her father and step-mother, next door to a family of 7 boys. When she starts having dreams about vampires though, she has no clue what is going on.
What is happening to snow?

I actually enjoyed this book a lot more than I expected to. I thought Snow was okay, and I really like Gabe! I liked the little twists to the story, and I liked how fast paced it was. Will definitely be reading the next instalment now!
Overall; better than expected
Sheetal Dash
What I love about the ebook pack is that it has all 12 volumes in one book. It's so convienent! It was like having 12 installments or novellas all in one. It kind of reminded me of watching a 30 minute tv show. You could read one part in no time at all but it was still more than just reading a few chapters of a book. I liked having stopping points. I felt like I was reading a whole book, which is pretty impressive seeing that each novella is about 50 pages or less.

I thought the way the first boo
Elgalla
I felt there was a lot missing from this book, though there were several really good, creepy moments. I severely disliked the main character though and how the writer keeps repeating how ugly she thinks she is when she really is gorgeous etc. The mythology was very fragmented as well and needed a lot of unpacking. Yet, it was a mostly ok novelette and I must say I enjoyed reading it.

P.S. The thing with the names, thoug? Very obvious.
Kelly
Several things: Snow White is a player. She hooks up with three guys in about a year of consciousness, and tries to do some stuff with two of them.
This book is badly written. I have never read a book with worse grammar.
This book changes tactics a million times. First it's her romantic life, then all the sudden she's hanging out with the vampire queen, then all the sudden she's saving her mom? Um...that is not random AT ALL.
The only reason I gave this book two stars is because it sort of had an i
This novelette was a surprisingly refreshing take on the Snow White/Vampire mythos. I enjoyed the ease between the believable characters. Obvious liberties have been taken in this "adaptation" but it is an enjoyable and easy read. And at the moment, though I have no clue what's about to happen next, I'm eager to find out. A well-thought, well written quickie.
Mandi
I LOVE books that when i read the blurb (and reviews) makes me want to have it immediately even though i have like hundred or more books on my to-read shelf. This book was one of them and i am sooo glad i followed my instincts because it was a great read!! I just hate that i was so short. OF TO THE NEXT ONE!!
Mary
It's been so long since I've read about vampires. The hype they've had has dwindled my want for reading them, but... I'm very pleased that I gave RaShelle a chance and read Blood and Snow. I eagerly swallowed this novel just to move onto the next one in the series. Thank you. :)
Alex
*1.5 stars*
Tropes, stereotypes, and 'hot' boys, oh my! Blood and Snow was not well written, had an unrealistic and cliche cast of characters, and went by too fast. I felt like this was a mash up of every paranormal romance out there. Gabe was creepy, Snow white-yes, thats her real name-is a Mary Sue, the rest of the brothers i didn't get to know because they were barely in the story, and Cindy was rude. The only reason it got a 1.5 was because I see potential in this story. If-a very strong if-I
Marley
Probably Round up to 3.5 stars. I read Volumes 1-4. They are short books and really are best read together, I think. I have problems with girls who are constantly being told they are special and beautiful and NEVER BELIEVE IT. But then again, it seems like aside from the men who know her "secret" no one else seems to think she's special or attractive. Once my annoying with that was over, I gotta say I enjoyed the plot. Some of the dialogue seemed not very natural and sometimes she seems like she ...more
Evey
Review to be posted as soon as I finish the complete series.
Shelley
So I've had this book in my kindle list for a while... finally decided that it was it's turn to be read and wow... I read the first page and was like "well this is ok..." Then I continued to read and ok went to good then great then awesome. It really is a great book with turns and twists - of love, betrayal, fantasy. Needless to say a day later I finished the book and it's stuck in my head and when books are stuck in your head - you know they're great pieces of work.
Great story - def recommend i
Veronika
Dvě a půl - bože :D co to bylo :D ale jako :D
Danielle
I wanted to read something for a change for pleasure and not school but I wanted something short for the time being because I still don't have the time to commit to an actual novel. I saw I had the first four books of this series on my kindle and thought why not? I figured, it would either be ridiculous and awful or ridiculous yet somewhat entertaining.

I actually liked it. Kind of predictable, cheesy too but not terrible. Pretty much what I expected. A short but enjoyable read nonetheless.

Its ju
Marsha
There seems to be a trend going around with some independent writers where they are writing series consisting of short novellas versus writing three of four full length books. The novellas feel more like chapters to me versus a volume in a series. I must be honest, I truly to not understand the trend and some od these series are better than others. I usually try to avoid them like the plague because I become frustrated with their brevity. However, so far "Blood and Snow" appears to be one of the ...more
Cassie
Snow White, Vampires, Hunters, Pixies,...throw in a few more Disney characters and you have yourself a big paranormal mess...

This is a review of the whole Blood and Snow series through book 12. I was loaned this book by my sister, who loved the series and wanted to get my opinion. My opinion?.....meh.

The series has a strong lead character, Snow, who is very easy to like and respect. Snow is a tom boy in high school who has seven hot next-door neighbors and a mentor they call Professor Pops. Of c
Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥
I got this book as a freebie from Amazon a while ago but never got to reading it until now and I'm happy I finally did because I wasn't sure I would like it because short stories like these usually aren't too great and lately the ones I have read just plain suck but this one wasn't too bad. I actually liked it. Yes, there are some flaws but overall it was very likable. I love fairytale retellings and mixing it all up with vampires is awesome. Actually this story reminded me a little bit of Snow ...more
Heather Wiese
Since novellas 1-4 are bundled together I'm just going to re-cap all of them at once.

I don't know why they were split up like that instead of one book, it was annoying as hell.

Classic Snow White re-telling with vampires.

**Spoiler, re-cap below**

Snow is an almost 16 year old student with a beloved father and a step-mother she doesn't like. Her best friends are Claire, a girl from school and the 7 adopted brothers who live next door to her (Bart, Sebastian, Daniel, Dorian, Gabriel, Heathcliff and
Brittany
I really liked this amazing twist on Snow White. It included the men who were supposed to be the dwarfs. The story changed it to seven guys Snow White's age that go to school with her. Her best friend is a girl named Cindy who I'm quite certain is Cinderella. Snow White has strange supernatural dreams. Dreams that feel real because only to her, they actually are. A prophecy is to be fulfilled before Snow's sixteenth birthday, but Professor Pops the father of the seven young men is determined to ...more
Cherie
Retelling the story of Snow White, RaShelle Workman’s BLOOD AND SNOW is a fantastic start to this novelette series.

An awkward teen living in Salem, Massachusetts, Snow White can’t quite live down her fairy tale name, especially since her best friends are the seven guys living next door. Unlike the fairy tale princess, she’s clumsy and doesn’t consider herself beautiful by any means. But strange things are happening to Snow White. Odd visions keep her up at night, and a trip to Boston will turn h
  • Ladle Rat Rotten Hut (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #4)
  • House of Cards
  • Witchblood (Witchblood, #1)
  • The Faerie Guardian, Part I
  • Death's Avatar (Descent, #0.5)
  • What Kills Me (What Kills Me, #1)
  • Savor (Warm Delicacy, #1)
  • Once In A Lifetime (Book Bundle)
  • Sun Kissed (Guardian Angel, #2)
  • Nordic Fairies (Nordic Fairies, #1)
  • Northern Bites (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • A Demon Made Me Do It (Demonblood #1)
  • The Last Vampire (Dark Season, #1)
  • Unholy Alliance (Unholy Alliance #1)
  • The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw (Morgan Sisters, #1)
  • Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)
  • Tears of the Broken (Dark Secrets #1.1)
  • Kiss of Death (The Briar Creek Vampires #1)
Visit http://eepurl.com/sd_xP and sign up for RaShelle's EXCLUSIVE mailing list. You'll be automatically entered to win a Paperback copy of Blood and Snow volumes 1-4.

RaShelle Workman is the author of the popular Blood and Snow series. She loves to reinvent fairy tales teens and adults can sink their teeth into. Her stories include kissing, vampires, werewolves, witches, aliens, and more kissing.
More about RaShelle Workman...
Exiled (Immortal Essence, #1) Revenant in Training (Blood and Snow, #2) Blood and Snow Volumes 1-4: Blood and Snow, Revenant in Training, The Vampire Christopher, Blood Soaked Promises The Vampire Christopher (Blood and Snow, #3) Prey and Magic (Blood and Snow #5)