Start by marking “Borrowed Heart (Evie Sanders, #1)” as Want to Read:
Borrowed Heart (Evie Sanders, #1)

Borrowed Heart (Evie Sanders #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Can love survive in a world where death is just the beginning and demons are hunting your true soul mate? Read Lamberson’s debut novel in her nationally recognized romance series to find out how Evie and Quinn's story begins.

"It is a very strong love story that defines what the word 'soul-mate' means ... It's not so much about what happens after death as it is about how f

Win a Copy of This Book

• Borrowed Heart by Linda Lamberson
    Borrowed Heart (Evie Sanders, #1)
    Release date: Aug 03, 2011
    Enter a chance to win one of twenty-five signed copies of Borrowed Heart, the first of three books in the Evie Sanders series by award-nominated indie…more

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 371 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 01 - Nov 30, 2015

Countries available: US, CA, and GB

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Borrowed Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowed Heart

What a totall roller coster!

After reading first chapters of this book I had a feeling I wouldn't like it. I thought I'd be book with insta love, stupid girl who is cheating on her boyfriend with guy she only met, and she is like: "OH My God, he's so hotttt..." and then "he's my soul mate" interrputed by hot heavy make out sessions. But guess what ? This book was nothing like that!!!!

So like I said first chapters made me sick. Then I was bored but by the point I was halfway trough I loved it!!

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
    I am so happy because I received and ARC copy from Linda the author and I will be reading this book this weekend and have my review posted by Monday!

Happy New Year Everyone!
    Borrowed Heart
    Linda Lamberson
    Eve, or as her friends called her, Evie, didn't know that the morning she woke up late for one of her classes, not taking the time to take notice of what she was going to wear, only throwing something on off of the floor, that her life was pre-destined. Nor would she heed the warning from the physic.
    When Quinn first asked Eve for her notes on class, little did he know that his life would never be the same and that his too was pre-destined.
    Take a journey of love, be
    Jackie Miller
    I have a ton of good things to say about this book, but I'll start with the cover. There is something about it that I just love! After I got it in the mail, I kept picking it up to admire and fast-flip through the pages. I realize that has nothing to do with the inner I will move on :-)

The concept behind the plot of this story is fresh and unique. It's got a lot of familiar things in it, but sets itself apart in many ways. Evie is a plain-ish type girl going to college, minding her
    Shellie Cruz
    Eve (Evie to her friends) has a regular teenage life attending college away from home while her long term boyfriend Ryan is attending another college over an hour away. Evie has never questioned or gave her relationship with Ryan a second thought but after the run in with campus hottie Quinn, things change. They are drawn together for unknown reasons, maybe the thrill of someone new, but after that one kiss…that changed everything. Evie had to know if what she has with Ryan is still there. That ...more
    Kathy LaMee
    First time novelist Linda Lamberson delivers a fantastic new twist on the tortured love story. Borrowed Heart is the first in a planned series based on the heroine, Evie Sanders.

The story unfolds as readers learn that Evie has been fated to die young. Evie, being a typical teenager ignores the rantings of the psychic, but as time goes on and she gets closer to her predicted doomsday, her life begins to fall in line with the predictions. Before she knows it, her life has ended. But, this is just
    This is a freshing breathe of air. No whining, weeping, useless main character. Thank you, Lord. You've answered my prayers. The book has everthing; strong main character, sexy male partner, action, mystery and romance. Thank you Linda Lanberson for writing this book. Will be reading the second one.
    I liked this book and enjoyed the characters. There are some conceptual things that take a while to explain, so I got a little dis-engaged there. But once that was explained and the "real" story line continued,I liked it a lot. I will definitely read more Evie books!
    Borrowed Heart is a rollarcoaster ride of emotions and romance. It will drawn you right from the start and leave you wanting more at the end.

Eve, or Evie as her friends call her is just a normal college student. She has a boyfriend from high school Ryan who attends a different collage. Things are going fine until she meets Quinn in one of her classes. He is gorgeous and very persistent. After a kiss between Evie and Quinn one night at party Evie decides she needs to tell Ryan in person what happ
    I received this book for free on Goodreads First Reads Giveaways. It was signed by the author. I really liked the premise and enjoyed the story. I would categorize this as YA Romance.

Evie is a great character. I think she has a lot of room to grow as the series progresses. She took chances and stood by her choices.

I liked Quinn at first, but found him a little too manipulative and selfish at several points and this lessened my sympathy for him. I hope he grows too as the series progresses.

I woul
    The beginning was utterly stupid, then painfully boring and boring... Next we get some action and fun (though a little predictable) then, of course, drama and heartbreak and the end... I HATE so many things about this book, but I can't tell much more without spoilers. Anyway what you need to know is that the ending is terrible and senseless. I thought that this book might be book but, in my opinion, it really wasn't.
    This is a fabulous book! It's a fresh twist on a love story. If you liked the Twilight series, you'll definitely love this. Evie is a magnetic protagonist and her love/lust/infatuation Quinn is intriguing as well. There are many colorful characters in the book, and having just read an advanced copy of the 2nd book in the series, there are many more interesting characters to come!! Read this book now, so you'll be ready for #2!! It's even harder to put down than #1!!
    I won this book through First Reads and I 'm really thankful that I did because it was an incredible read. The plot and forbidden romance had me staying up late at night reading so I could find out what happens next, while each character is memorable and has their own distinct personality. Overall, this was a wonderful book and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.
    Despite getting this book is almost impossible in Australia, it was so worth it to borrow someone's ipad to be able to read it. Linda your Australian readers are really missing out as they can't even get access to hardcopies of this book.

For the readers, I recommend you hunt down a copy of both books at the same time, because you'll want to keep reading after the first.
    I really did not expect that I will loved this book! At first thought it was too normal/predictable in his genre!! I got bored when Evie died and became a shepard!! however as story progresses, it really kept me interesting. And so many scenes of Evie and Quinn that make me loved this book!! I can't wait for its next book!!
    I was so happy when I won this book in a giveway by goodreads it is a amazing book a total page Turner I did not want to put it down. One of my new favorite books I can not wait to read the rest of the series. If your looking for a good book this if it .as soon as I read the first few pages it had my attention.
    I could not put this down! I got so into this book, completely engrossed in it to the very last page, which is a cliff hanger of mass proportions! Would love to read the next book. I can't wait to see what happens between Evie and Quinn!
    I liked it and want to read the next in the series.

My review here
    Jul 17, 2012 Alinasworld10 is currently reading it
    I won this book on FirstReads. Borrowed Heart is a captivating novel. I couldn't take my eyes off the page!!
    Jayda Dyment
    One of the best books i have ever read!!!
    Christina Browne
    Christina Browne marked it as to-read
    Alyssa Edmonds
    Alyssa Edmonds marked it as to-read
    Nov 26, 2015
    Becky marked it as to-read
    Nov 26, 2015
    Andra marked it as to-read
    Grace Osborne
    Grace Osborne marked it as to-read
    Nov 25, 2015
    Lissa marked it as to-read
    Becca Gordon
    Becca Gordon marked it as to-read
    Samantha Lundergn
    Samantha Lundergn marked it as to-read
    Nov 25, 2015
    Kate marked it as to-read
    Cynthia Schwarzer
    Cynthia Schwarzer marked it as to-read
    Nov 25, 2015
    • The Redcastle Redemption (The Athena Effect #4)
    • Stone of Thieves (Robbin' Hearts Series #2)
    • When Fully Fused (Schasm #3)
    • Over the Rainbow
    • Wildflower (Wildflower, #1)
    • The Buried Covenant
    • Daughter of Lions
    • A Shadow's Light (The Shadow Series, #2)
    • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
    • Damaged: Natalie's Story
    • Breath Away (Away, #2)
    • The Hour of Dreams (The Pace #4)
    • The Gifts
    • The Weeping
    • Beyond (Crossroads Saga, #3)
    • Aventurine Heart
    I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and moved to the city after graduating from Indiana University in Bloomington. I attended graduate school at The University of Chicago, where I received my Masters degree in Social Service Administration and then my Juris Doctor degree. Thereafter, I worked as an attorney at the law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery until I decided to stay home to spend more t ...more
    More about Linda Lamberson...

Evie Sanders (2 books)
    • Peace of Mind (Evie Sanders, #2)