Breaking Waves

Breaking Waves (Hot Summer Days)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Three years ago, Cameron threw away Jay to follow his dreams in New York. Only when he returns to sleepy Echo Cove does he realise he made the biggest mistake of his life.
Published May 21st 2012 by Author Free Read (first published July 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Waves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Waves

Serena Yates
What happens when you make a bad decision - then cannot 'crawl back' and admit it was the wrong one? Not a nice situation to be in, but it's the one Cameron faces when he goes back to his hometown after three years of 'hiding' in college. Of course he runs into Jay the man he left behind, and or course, Jay is angry. But instead of manning up and apologizing, Cameron, stubborn man that he is, responds with the anger that comes from pride, not wanting to admit he was wrong, and the sheer adrenali...more
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
See the muscled surfer in picture one? Let's call him Alain. He just walked onto the beach right after dawn and realizes he made the biggest mistake of his life when he sees the guy in picture number two, let's call him Jay, walking out of the waves. Alain dumped Jay a year ago to explore all his other options. Jay still hates his guts. I am hoping for a rousing argument amidst pounding waves.

Alina
Short and lovely story :)
Hot and a little angsty, but very sweet and with a good happy ending :)
Susan65-Coug
"I love you", KA-POW!!! Nothing says love like a fist to the face :-))
Kath
ok so what can i say about this book...
i kind of, sort-of liked the story, my problem is the fact that it had potential to be a little longer, i know its supposed be a short story but its way to short...
(view spoiler)
but i guess it was fine *sign*
Melissa
Perhaps this story was too ambitious for its short length. Falling back into each other's arms after an unpleasant break-up and years-long separation, without having a serious conversation about it? A bit too unrealistic for my tastes.
L-D
I thought this was an incredibly sweet story and I enjoyed getting to know these two characters. I also appreciated the ending and Cameron's final decision. “There isn’t a world beyond Echo Cove when I’m here with you.”

Don't Read in the Closet is a collection of short stories published for free for members of the M/M Romance Group. The best part of this series of shorts is that they were based on a photo and a reader request for a story. Here is the photo and reader request that inspired this s...more
Cassie Richards
Short, but sweet. A lovely story about a young man returning to his home town and the man who's heart he broke.
Monique
I love reading about couples who reunite. This was well written and I loved the fact that Cameron knew it was a huge mistake to break up with Jay so he could get out of their small town and go to college.
Lila Leigh Hunter
Nice, short, and sweet. A perfect romance read.
Jimmy
2 1/2 STARS I Liked It/It Was Okay
Romantic & Sexy
LutaWolf
"Kissing Jay was sometimes just as good as making love to him." It's details like these that suck me into a book. I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book because I'm really picky about my angst books. I have to be made to believe that the connection is truely strong enough to survive or I'm not left believing in the HEA. I've been known to dwell on books like that for days. This story though was remarkably well written. I tasted it, felt it, believed it. Well done.
Kelly Maybedog
This was so sweet. I have no idea why it hit me the way it did, but I loved it and reread it several times. I do see problems with it--it was too short and they got back together too fast--but it was still delightful.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
This one was too short for me to really enjoy it. I wanted more back story before they broke up. The three years they were apart we don't really know anything that happened. They got back together ridiculously quick. We don’t know Jay at all. More like 2.5 stars I think
Shawn
Meh. This story was okay. It just moved way too fast for me to believe that everything just worked out that smoothly. I think, given more time, I would have really liked these two. I just didn't have enough time. It was okay....but not great.
Cindi
I really enjoyed this but I would have liked to have seen more of a back story and more character development. It seemed a little rushed. Granted, I know it is a short story but I feel that a little more could have been added.
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
When you've found "the one", shout it from the rooftops - that's what Jay's coming out scene felt like:) I love a great second chances story and this definitely fit the bill! Awesome job!!

Monika

I liked this short but I would have really liked it if there had of been more story. I would have liked some back story and everything between the two was just a bit too fast for me.
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
A touching story of true love rediscovered. We can be so hard on ourselves and our true loves when we don't communicate and assume.
Kendra
Really liked this story. Great story about regret and getting the chance to fix what you have wanted to fix for so long.
Monica Alexander
The characters in this short story made it so enjoyable. I love friends to lovers stories.
Zach Sweets
I really enjoyed this cute coming out story. Totally didnt see it coming when he came out haha
Larry Arnold
i really enjoyed this. a story of lovers split apart by decisions of life that find each other
Pete W
Too short for the subject matter to be resolved in one encounter. I love shouting scene though.
Fairy / Anna
3,5 stars.
Cause I love reunion stories :D Just like that.
Rachel
Short, hot, and sweet story. I love reunion stories.
CAS
Beautiful...
from beginning to end. :)

Rachel
  • Between Friends
  • Mourning
  • Freedom's Souvenir
  • Spinner
  • Liar, Liar (A Candyland Story, #1)
  • Hawk's Sparrow
  • Dog Days of Summer
  • Bear Naked
  • Tears From Above
  • Be a Bad Boy
  • Cody and the Hermit
  • If One Dream Should Fall and Break
  • Twenty Years Later: Welcome Home to the Conquering Hero
Scarlet writes erotic romance.

Scarlet would rather stick pins in her eyes than go on Facebook but now sees the necessary evil of it. Please join her there for useless writing-related ramblings and hot men musings and ease her in gently. Bah.
More about Scarlet Blackwell...
Rescue Me Inferno And So Is Love Just Desserts (Table for Two, #1) Into the Light (Clear Water Creek Chronicles, #1)