Start by marking “Divine Clementine” as Want to Read:
Divine Clementine

Divine Clementine

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  18 reviews
I blow her a kiss. She catches it and puts it in her pocket for later like she always does.

And then it happens.

Why doesn't she look? Why doesn't the bus brake?
Why is my body frozen?

When 16-and-a-half-year-old Clementine Footner witnesses the tragic death of her eccentric aunt Stella, she feels as thought her world will never be the same again.

Clementine idolised her
Published by Random House (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Divine Clementine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine Clementine

Evermore by Alyson NoelNorth of Beautiful by Justina ChenSelina Penaluna by Jan PageThis Lullaby by Sarah DessenBewitching Love Potions & Charms by Raven Tempest
Cover Couples
410th out of 725 books — 564 voters
The Book Thief by Markus ZusakTomorrow, When the War Began by John MarsdenOn the Jellicoe Road by Melina MarchettaSaving Francesca by Melina MarchettaLooking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
Best Australian YA Books
154th out of 230 books — 336 voters

More lists with this book...

Korene
Divine Clementine was not amongst the better books I have read of late. As it was a book club choice I felt compelled to finish it.

Within the first five pages of this book Clementine had witnessed her favourite Aunty Stella being brutally crushed by a bus- cheerful!. The remainder of the novel is Clem's passage through her grief and the discovery that her adored Stella was both unstable and suffering from bipolar.

This subject matter had the capacity to be both compelling and profound but was ru
Carrie
Struggling to get into this.
By the premise, I thought it would be right up my alley. About a girl whose aunt dies suddenly and tragically, and she discovers along the way about her aunt's depression. I've been through something very, very similar recently. Like, identical almost. And maybe that's why I can't get into this book. I'm expecting to read about my journey, but I'm not.
I find the protagonist, Clementine, incredibly frustrating to read. Her uncle Dorian is right - she is a spoilt brat a
Paula  Phillips
Growing up Clementine has always wanted to be just like her Aunt Stella. To Clementine, who is only ten years younger than Stella has always thought of her as a big sister and her closest confidante. One night after spending the day together , Stella and Clementine head off to go their separate way when tragedy occurs and Stella steps out and in front of a bus. Over the next course of the week or more we read as Clementine known to her friends as Clem learns to grieve and move on with a life wit ...more
Bree T
Clementine is 16 and has always shared a special relationship with her aunt Stella, her mother’s younger sister. Stella is only 10 years older than Clementine, a free spirit and someone who understands her. When Clementine is not getting along with her mother, it is Stella she turns to for sympathy.

When Clementine witnesses Stella’s tragic death, her whole world falls apart. Her grief is all encompassing, the loss of her idol making her feel as though the world will never be the same again. When
Michelle Johnston
Divine Clementine is a story about a teenage girl Clementine whose eccentric Aunt dies suddenly and how Clementine and her family deals with the death, loss and grief.

Clementine is your typical teenager until her Aunt Stella who she idolises and looks up to dies in an accident. The story then uncovers the truth about the fun loving free spirited Aunt that Clementine thought she knew to the depressed anxious unstable person the rest of the family knew her to be. Clementine was unaware how much h
Gemma Ellis-Moore
Amazing book! Very well-written, tugs at the heartstrings a fair bit. I would most definitely recommend this book to anyone! :)
Lthelibrarylover
A really good look at what it is like to deal with the death of a loved one, even more so when you discover secrets about them after they have gone.

Clementine has lost a relative who she was close to, worse than that she was there when the accident happened. As she deals with this pain and the nightmares it brings she also has to contend with the fact that she is mourning a person that she didn't really exist in the way Clementine though she did.

A realistic look at how teens deal with grief an
Trisha
This is about my 10th book this year involving death and grief. I am becoming immune to them.

But Clementine stands out as a main character: Her interior monologue is dark yes, but it's also funny and feisty. She is angry and hostile and is cruel and unrelenting while she acts out, but there is so much pain expressed, we can't help for want her to find peace.

Interesting book. I will think on it some more.
Rose
I really liked this book. I originally picked it up for an english assignment, but ended up reading for fun, very quickly. It's the perfect book to do a assignment on because Clem changes so much in the book. I will definitely read it again. Now i just have to write the assignment!
Joey
what a boring book.wtf..
like the main character has issues,she takes ages to get over her aunts death and she loves her aunt too much. like just get over it already
Tahlia
Did not enjoy this book at all. The story line was not very good and it was poorly written, the best part about this book was finishing it. I don't recommend it.
Lee Doherty
Good quick read. Reminds me of being young and the realization that all is not it seems.
Christina Thai
Beautifully written and interesting story line ! definitely a recommended book~
Phoebe
Whilst reading this book, I was close to screaming 'shut up' at Clementine.
E
this is the book that got me into reading now I just can't stop
Amy
It was very good and heart-warming
Ashleigh
AMAZING!!!!!!
Zarah
Zarah added it
Dec 14, 2014
Auj
Auj marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Rebecca Haley
Rebecca Haley marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Deanne Berry
Deanne Berry marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Grace
Grace added it
Nov 06, 2014
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Arina
Arina marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014